You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

First band I saw live, they were supporting The Wonder Stuff around 89/90 and they were so much better than the ‘headliners’, I’ve liked them ever since. Still listen to God Fodder now.

I saw them in Dublin in 1991. Still have a couple of their releases on vinyl at my mother's house. Haven't heard them in years.

Snuff, Mega City Four, Senseless Things, Leatherface... England produced some good punk-inspired pop bands in those days. The Stupids before them, too.

• Upvote 1

I used to really like Mega City Four, although they’re apparently to blame for Muse.

How so?

I was refused entry to a Mega City 4 gig in c.1990. Being underage and young looking. The late Wiz became aware that a number of kids like myself had been refused entry. So he came outside to talk to us and tell us that they'd play a special gig in the same venue the next afternoon for us. Which they duly did. Class act, Wiz...

I'd like to know where this net debt is worked out too

Steve0’ explanation here.

Optimistic but they are in trouble if they don't maintain their current income, especially now the speedster won't be able to find a buyer once he's locked in to some insane contract. Nobody else will fetch that much.

I did some googling to find details of their debt and found this:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...verpools-finances-fsg-years-assessed-14353937

It's written by a clown who doesn't understand the difference between debt and net debt.

"Liverpool’s net debt increased by £12m to £57m but that figure is always influenced by the timing of the instalments going in and out of the club for transfer deals. The debt level when FSG bought the club in 2010 was £237m."

He's genuinely saying their net debt is now £57m....had to read it a few times to make sure I wasn't missing anything. He contrasts it with the net debt when FSG bought the club to illustrate the perilous position they were in and have been saved from. Only trouble is is that the net debt is now higher, approaching £300m.

Not everyone has been trained in finance but this isn't complicated stuff.

Curly Mo plays at his normal level and the slide will begin.

How so?

I was refused entry to a Mega City 4 gig in c.1990. Being underage and young looking. The late Wiz became aware that a number of kids like myself had been refused entry. So he came outside to talk to us and tell us that they'd play a special gig in the same venue the next afternoon for us. Which they duly did. Class act, Wiz...

I suppose it all depends on how much you like Muse, but Mega City Four were their biggest influence apparently.

What has always made me laugh about the whole Moshiri stuff is that John Henry on his own is worth more than him and FSG have half a dozen partners worth around the same. FSG are ridiculously more wealthy than Moshiri. We also dwarf them commercially, yet we’re in trouble ?

Makes no fucking sense. Daft twats.

What has always made me laugh about the whole Moshiri stuff is that John Henry on his own is worth more than him and FSG have half a dozen partners worth around the same. FSG are ridiculously more wealthy than Moshiri. We also dwarf them commercially, yet we’re in trouble ?

Makes no fucking sense. Daft twats.

Usmanov.

*taps nose*

• Upvote 1

We have the third or fourth reported net debt in Europe, by a recent uefa report, but in context united are too by a mile, and they’re pretty sound financially, and the English league has comfortably the highest net debt overall.

Our net debt is approx 0.7x our revenue, so manageable, and is highly influenced by owner debt (including the main stand costs) and transfers (which we have recouped a lot of what we’ve spent, but not necessarily have the money in vs money out as yet.

The fact the English league has the highest net debt is a direct relation with the fact the English league has comfortably the highest revenue.

Debt in itself is not a problem. An inability to service the debt is.

Everton’s net debt is quite low, because they have less money to manage more debt.

The more money you have the more you can borrow.

When I was starting my career I could just about get a £100k mortgage and a £2k credit card, between me and my missus.

I now have a £250k mortgage and a £5k credit card.

I’m in significantly more debt than I was, but I can buy more stuff than I used to be able to.

If I lose my job, that debt is a concern and I might have to sell the house, so similarly if we don’t qualify for the champions league for a few years, tv money disappears and we can’t sell shirts or tickets cause we’re suddenly shite, our debt would be a worry and we might have to sell our players or our training ground.

But you’d have to be a bit shit to have to sell your training ground, wouldn’t you?

Admit it mate. You've taken out a second mortgage to bribe match officials a la LFC, haven't you?

They exist in a pit of nothingness. Even they really know deep down that they are just a pointless Football club. If you can even call them that. You can probably rattle off 20/30 teams in the country who are more relevant than them. Pompey and Wigan have won the FA Cup in the last 10 years and they haven’t had a sniff of silverware since 1995. 23 fucking years. That was the year I moved from primary school to senior school. Joe Le Taxi was still in fucking nappies. Code only had 4 aliases. Dave U had a short back and snide. Turdsdeye thought Runcorn was the whole world. Ian Rush was still playing for us.

It is hell for them that we have qualified for another European final. They are praying to their gods that we get humiliated. Even if we win they will claim red shite conspiracy. They are obsessed fucking mutants. The first club whose fans were the inspiration for a Michael Jackson video. I always thought Stoke had the ugliest supporters (I am clearly not counting r*ngers supporters in this who are out on their own in the mutant super league) but try mentioning how good the Reds are to a toffee and watch it morph into a jabba the hutt/Kauto hybrid. “Quaid Quaid hesyel wall pushers open your heart to me open your eyes Quaid”.

The only thing they are good at is replacing doors after we beat the cunts yet again. Twisted jealous bitter beauts.

• Upvote 3

No Evertonian 41 or under has legally drunk celebrating them winning a trophy. 

They are completely irrelevant, I believe a lot of the bitterness towards us is their need to stay relevant in their minds. If they didn't have us they would just be another nothing small club that no one cares about enough to think about. 

The fact they (think they) have such a rivalry with the might Liverpool (RS) means they must be relevant.