You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres asked if he has any other skills

Thants

Hmmm, he didn't struggle to score goals no, but there was plenty of rumours that Milan were of the opinion that he was on the wane and it was the right time to sell. This was backed up by him looking totally as if his legs had gone as soon as he pitched up at Chelsea, possibly because it's a much faster and more physical league.

FFS Inzhagi can still score goals in Serie A. He'd look about 105 years old if he tried to play here.

But the example I gave was the champions league rather than the Italian league.

On the wane I can accept, but not past it.

He was the top scorer in the Champions League the season before he went to Chelsea, 9 goals in 12 matches with Milan making the semis. He was 29 years old. In no way was he past it.

Not to mention his 60 league goals in his last 89 league games with Milan.

Guys its Fernando fucking Torres argubly the best striker in the world. I dont believe anyone has seen his best Chelsea just need to work to his strength the whole team have been shite lately. That cant be helping him im not making escuses for him but noone can deny he is class a judas prick but non or the less class he will score soon then they will just follow.

He's a million miles away from being that now.

When i saw Mancs had signed Hernandez i was ripped to fuck for saying he score shit loads for them a d he scared me. I was ripped to fuck.

When the mancs signed Hernandez you had only saw him play the world cup games ( I don't even think he started all of them did he? ) so you didn't know anything about him. Unless you regularly watch the Mexican league that is.

I doubt anyone on here saw him play more than 4 or 5 times before they signed him.

If people are writing off Torres then they are a bit silly.

His big problem is in his head now, he just looks shell-shocked by everything, he's made scoring a goal for Chelsea look like something more than it is, almost like his move from us to Chelsea is not complete until he scores a goal for them.

Once Ancelotti makes him take a penalty (and I bet you he will if this continues) and he gets off the mark, he'll settle down and he'll score goals. Maybe not at the prolific rate he did for us, but he'll score plenty of goals.

Big difference is that he usually got 90 minutes for us, but with Ancelotti's collection of strikers he's chopping and changing all the time, be it starting XI or subs, he gives the subs 25 mins or more, not the glib 8 mins that replacement strikers usually get.

But, all said and done, we truly have a better player in Suarez. Better 'player', jury is still out on better 'striker', won't know that for another year maybe.

Carroll looks more and more like we overpaid by £20m, but then again we had so much money to play with in January that we were under no pressure to get the signing right, in terms of value.

However, I think the signing of Carroll was rash, considering the price, considering he was still injured, and considering he had made only a handful of top flight appearances.

I find myself when I see a Chelsea result like the other week I think they had won 3-0 and when I checked the goalscorers I was made up he hadn't scored.

I just know the press will go into overdrive when he scores his first and suddenly they can start doing the old Fleet Street trick of "Andy Carroll has played 489 minutes of football and not scored" routine, as Carroll is his replacement and they can't pull this trick at the minute as Torres is playing poo. Or at the end of the season and Carroll has scored x amount of goals, they will hype it up "THAT EQUATES TO £8.92 MILLION PER GOAL" forgetting that Torres will need a load of goals to even start repaying 50 million big ones back.

Anyway, as my mate said in work said - He didn't look right yesterday, like he was sick. I said he is sick that he has made the worst decision of his life to leave us. From being idolised even when he pulling his '12 year old girl who can't get a Bieber ticket' routine on the pitch to being questioned by plazzy fans with their plazzy flags! HAHAHAHA is all I can say!

Guys its Fernando fucking Torres argubly the best striker in the world. I dont believe anyone has seen his best Chelsea just need to work to his strength the whole team have been shite lately. That cant be helping him im not making escuses for him but noone can deny he is class a judas prick but non or the less class he will score soon then they will just follow.

That's true actually. I was just thinking how shit they were as they beat two of the top four teams in the Premier League and got into the quarter finals of the Champions League.