You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm made up.

I'm not getting in to arguements with people when its just opinion but i'm delighted with todays business and it could get better

Me too mate, he is the english drogba no fucker likes playing against him and i cant wait until we plays those manc cunts and he kicks Vidic and jar jar all over the pitch.

If we sign a winger before the end of the day il be made up, someone who can whip a good ball in with Carroll and Suarez on the end of them it will cause carnage.

The last 10 minutes have fucked my head up big time. I decided not to look at the internet, read any papers or listen to the radio today in work as I was bored with all the shite of the past few days.

I've just got in, logged into the site and my brain has fried.

Its too late for me as i've been here since 10am, but i beg you - for the sake of your own sanity - to turn around and pretend you've not seen any of this.

Maybe i am dreaming? We didn't really just have a bid of £35m for Andy Carroll turned down did we?

Phew! Thank god for that.

Me too mate' date=' he is the english drogba no fucker likes playing against him and i cant wait until we plays those manc cunts and he kicks Vidic and jar jar all over the pitch.

If we sign a winger before the end of the day il be made up, someone who can whip a good ball in with Carroll and Suarez on the end of them it will cause carnage.[/quote']

What would be idiots opinions be if the fucking lump played for the chavs?!

Would we take him plus £15 or even as less as £10m in cash?

Fucking idiots all over every LFC board in the country but I expected better here.

I wonder if it's a bit of a smokescreen for us getting in someone else?

We've all certainly been distracted.

I don't think that the news that Newcastle's bid for Stephen Ireland being rejected at 4.30pm and then them rejecting our bid at 4.40pm is not connected. They obviously had an idea as to how they wanted to spend that money and so far they're in the same boat as us, not sanctioning a sale until another couple of targets are sorted.

But, as I say, we could have been talking to anyone today, it's just that we've been concentrating on Carroll.

I wonder if it's a bit of a smokescreen for us getting in someone else?We've all certainly been distracted.

I don't think that the news that Newcastle's bid for Stephen Ireland being rejected at 4.30pm and then them rejecting our bid at 4.40pm is not connected. They obviously had an idea as to how they wanted to spend that money and so far they're in the same boat as us, not sanctioning a sale until another couple of targets are sorted.

But, as I say, we could have been talking to anyone today, it's just that we've been concentrating on Carroll.

Nah, we're just getting dry bummed because of the predicament that selfish twat has put us in.

We gotta stop this bidding madness now. Just walk away.. And keep Nando. :)

I like Carroll and would like him here but they are asking nearly double what hes worth, its not as if we are in desperate need of someone for a relagation or can fight for top four,Id leave it now and go back in the summer.

The transfer window needs to be fucked right off. This highlights exactly what is fucking wrong with it.

Some sense finally coming out. This is fucking madness.

Looked for a thread couldn't see one and since we've already had one bid turned down and are more than likely in with another, this deserves a thread.

It seems plain that the market we knew has well and truly evapourated.

There are a number of reasons why I can see Liverpool paying the 35m and to be honest I'm actually welcome to it.

People will say Drogba is worth it for what he's done, I'd rather we signed Carroll for what he COULD do.

1. Pure target man to play next to Suarez.

2. Goalscorer. Alright he's not been here long but you don't score the goals he has if you're a flash in the pan.

3. English/British. There is a reason why it's worth paying the extra for certain English players, not the gulf in class but the fact they're more likely to adapt.

He is raw but the lad's a specimen and his acceleration is superb for a lad his size. Have you seen that goal against Chelsea from a pass back? He starts off about 2 yards behind the player and in a 6 yard space ends up getting the ball comfortably before Cech.

All in all I'd rather be moaning about overpaying for a gifted young player with potetial to grow physically and mentally than settling for a a foreign player who would be less likely to adapt, doesn't fit our most obvious of needs and is less proven where it matters most to us, the prem.

You name me some big target men in the world that turn heads and could command anything like that fee and most if not all will come with more risk than Andy Caroll.

The market has changed but the abililties that we require haven't so we either put up or shut up and I'm glad to see Kenny and FSG are going for the previous not the latter.

So overall I'm nailing my colours to the mast, I think Kenny has identified his "Aldo" and I hope he gets him.

yeah the only problem you missed is that he is a smackhead, slight spanner in the works there but other than that decent assesment.

Walk away from the deal now.

Whomever is doing the negotiating is getting taken for a ride. Fees of £35 million should be spent on world class players. Not headcases who have played 20 games in the Premier League.

We'll play out the rest of the season with Suarez, Kuyt, Ngog & Pacheco if need be.

Commolli.

I rate Andy Carroll and think he meets our specifications, young, English, good stats and a lot of potential but £35 mil is a fucking joke.

I know its most likely 'the Torres money' but if there is any truth in us considering paying that much for him, its outragious. I reckon if Poocastle thought we only had £18mil and were desperate, we'd get him maybe with Ngog or someone thrown in to sweeten the deal. They believe we are letting Torres go for £50 million and they want a slice of that, fuckers.

I know that 18 mil + a part ex is a lot of money but I think you'd expect to pay that now for a proven (to some extent) young English striker. You can thank City for fucking up the valuation of players in the EPL - £24 million for Lescott? Bellends. Is the player better than Lescott? Oh he's £35 million. Lets just throw a fucking figure in the air shall we.

I really do despair.

"Keep Nando"

"Don't sign Carroll"

"Dalglish can do no wrong."

"FSG need to go."

Well make your fucking minds up.

Dalglish has said he wants Carroll or we wouldn't be bidding, so all you people who love him and won't say anything against him THAT is who you are arguing with. FSG provide the cash and Comolli provides a list of players he recommends. Dalglish is the one who looks at that list and says who he wants.

FSG are tight but when they front 60m they are stupid?

Dalglish should be the one allowed to rebuild the club but you don't want him to spend any money doing so.

Oh and let's not forget our french scapegoat in all of this who has done his job to the best of his ability which has been more than good enough in the craziest transfer window ever.

Let me make this real fucking simple as it seems most of you are:

Carroll is identified by Comolli along with other prosepctive targets.

Comolli gives list to Dalglish who then confirms which target he wants

FSG release funds.

NOT ONE BIT OF THAT PROCESS HAS BROKEN DOWN SO STOP FUCKING CRYING.

Its too late for me as i've been here since 10am, but i beg you - for the sake of your own sanity - to turn around and pretend you've not seen any of this.

Maybe i am dreaming? We didn't really just have a bid of £35m for Andy Carroll turned down did we?

Phew! Thank god for that.

£35m plus add ons now being reported.