You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Looked for a thread couldn't see one and since we've already had one bid turned down and are more than likely in with another, this deserves a thread.

It seems plain that the market we knew has well and truly evapourated.

There are a number of reasons why I can see Liverpool paying the 35m and to be honest I'm actually welcome to it.

People will say Drogba is worth it for what he's done, I'd rather we signed Carroll for what he COULD do.

1. Pure target man to play next to Suarez.

2. Goalscorer. Alright he's not been here long but you don't score the goals he has if you're a flash in the pan.

3. English/British. There is a reason why it's worth paying the extra for certain English players, not the gulf in class but the fact they're more likely to adapt.

He is raw but the lad's a specimen and his acceleration is superb for a lad his size. Have you seen that goal against Chelsea from a pass back? He starts off about 2 yards behind the player and in a 6 yard space ends up getting the ball comfortably before Cech.

All in all I'd rather be moaning about overpaying for a gifted young player with potetial to grow physically and mentally than settling for a a foreign player who would be less likely to adapt, doesn't fit our most obvious of needs and is less proven where it matters most to us, the prem.

You name me some big target men in the world that turn heads and could command anything like that fee and most if not all will come with more risk than Andy Caroll.

The market has changed but the abililties that we require haven't so we either put up or shut up and I'm glad to see Kenny and FSG are going for the previous not the latter.

So overall I'm nailing my colours to the mast, I think Kenny has identified his "Aldo" and I hope he gets him.

Edited by WrongIslander

You seem to know an awful lot about him, well that is, for a man who doesn't know how to spell his fucking name.

That's the typical nobhead response I'd expect on here. Thanks for contributing.

We're about to blow our record transfer fee out of the window for a second time and you're busy looking for your r's, not that you could find it with both hands, dickhead.

Has impressed me every time ive seen him on the box.

A beast.

Not happy at the circumstances, but thats nowt to do with Carrol.

Weve got a biter and a fighter up front now.

2 mentalists.

Our mentalists.

They can bite & fight, but can they fucking score.

Because for £59m I fucking hope so.

Has impressed me every time ive seen him on the box.

A beast.

Not happy at the circumstances, but thats nowt to do with Carrol.

Weve got a biter and a fighter up front now.

2 mentalists.

Our mentalists.

a player with a great left foot

a player who beat riena from 25-30 yards with hardly any back lift

how many people beat riena from that distance!

30-35 million is wayyyy to much but this isnt nesv money its player sale money spent stright back on two players.

add adam and a winger and we are already re-building liverpool!!

Sky sports must be worried he might be a success. Why has "the editor" gone and researched this fact?

The Editor:

Interesting stats - if Liverpool pay £35million for Andy Carroll they are getting a player outscored in the Championship last season by Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam.

How many had Wayne Rooney scored this season, Oh, and you can include his penalties Ed.

about 10ml more than you would want to play,but then they new what we would get for Torres and new we had no strikers for the europa league games.

Could prove to be a good signing but we need a good wide player with a good delivery aswell.

Sky sports must be worried he might be a success. Why has "the editor" gone and researched this fact?

The Editor:

Interesting stats - if Liverpool pay £35million for Andy Carroll they are getting a player outscored in the Championship last season by Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam.

How many had Wayne Rooney scored this season, Oh, and you can include his penalties Ed.

None. Rooney never played in the Championship.

We have needed a hard bastard for a while and a physical presence,I like Carroll a lot but I think a true value for him should be something like 20m or slightly higher.

This is a very risky deal, he has not really proved himself yet and he is going to have a lot of pressure on him with the fee and the fact he is replacing a goal machine in torres.

I think he will be a good signing though and will bring more to our team play then torres, we have been crying out for someone who can hold the ball up and carroll can do this,gerrad got a lot of goals with crouch holding the ball for him and I see gerrad and carroll having similar success.

The Editor:

ianprior RT @martynziegler: £35m for a player outscored in C'ship last season by Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, M Chopra, C Adam

ianprior RT @toteymus: @ianprior Or £35m for a striker who has outscored Torres, Drogba, Bent & Rooney in only his second seasons in the PL