You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

My belief is that Liverpool should sell Torres if an offer of £45-50 million comes in for the striker. It’s unreasonable to expect that his value will exceed that in the next few years. And with £45-50 million in the bank, Liverpool could purchase footballers such as striker Luis Suarez for £20 million, midfielder Charlie Adam for £14 million and another proven striker, such as Diego Forlan, for up to £16 million to partner Suarez up front. Three players for the price of one sold. It’s something that Liverpool should seriously consider.

Forlan is only 31 and £14 million for Adam sounds too low!

Yeah I read that, had been for a couple of seasons, I think if we said it wasn't enough for Torres rather than he's not for sale they'd come back with an improved bid, probably just over 40m.

At that point I think Suarez is a good buy at 20m, not that I'm suggesting selling Torres, I'm just thinking about the price we're willing to pay and the price Ajax believe Suarez is worth.

Yep, I knew what you were getting at. Was just throwing it out there.

I think this Torres bid may bring us back to the table with Ajax.

There's 42 points left to play for anything can happen, and FSG may have to pay a bit more than they wanted but should just go out and tie up the Suarez Nzogbia and Adam deals in next 48 hours, I've no doubt we've made bids for players, but if we don't bring in players after selling Babel(no loss) and likely Jovanivic and Konchesky, there's no excuses and it shows us as having little ambition to players and fans alike.

There's 42 points left to play for anything can happen, and FSG may have to pay a bit more than they wanted but should just go out and tie up the Suarez Nzogbia and Adam deals in next 48 hours, I've no doubt we've made bids for players, but if we don't bring in players after selling Babel(no loss) and likely Jovanivic and Konchesky, there's no excuses and it shows us as having little ambition to players and fans alike.

I think the Nando bid was because we have put a bigger bid in to Ajax.Thats the reason the chavs have put the bid in,thinking we might sell,otherwise they wouldnt of knowing we would not sell.

Have to wait and see also I think the Jova deal is dead.

I hope so, if these bids carry on into the summer and we're nit signing anyone, we've no chance of keeping hold of him. So bye bye snagging any world class players.

Torres is liverpool, LIVERPOOLS number nine, and we all fucking love him, why would anyone want to sell him! It's absurd! To swap him for anyone else wouldn't be right! Now let's stick our middle fingers up to chelshit! Pull our fucking fingers out get suarez Adam and Jarvis and push on and get back where we belong, champo league and winning things! Come on FSG!

I think the Nando bid was because we have put a bigger bid in to Ajax.Thats the reason the chavs have put the bid in,thinking we might sell,otherwise they wouldnt of knowing we would not sell.

Sounds like that got a fairly firm "fuck off" this time. Compare that to that mumbling nobhead's response to the hack who asked him about speculation linking Nando to the mancs.

Tell them to fuckin do one.

I can't say this surprises me though. The longer our squad continues to be understocked with players of Torres' class, the closer he is to the exit door. He's been given promise after promise and fed lie after lie from the likes of Purslow about the investment he should expect and it always fails to materialise. It's looking like we are going to see another window of Liverpool Football Club making a profit too, unless something happens in the next 4days. We have to start making statements that will keep the likes of Nando and Pepe on side, because if our ambition continues to fall short then they have every right to look at other clubs. Stumping up the money for Suarez in the next few days would be a good start.

From Nando's pt of view, we've sold Keane, Xabi, Masch and replaced them with nobody, Mereiles and Poulsen. 70 odd m in, 15m out. Not exactly the statement of winners is it.

I don't think NESV are that arsed by "pure footballing reasons". Maybe our arguments should appeal more to greed, ooops "commercial factors".

Its like this. U see Scum Utd, Barce, Real M shirts all round the world. There used to be a lot of LFC ones. You see a few Chelsea, and a few Milan ones if they have a glittering team. But u virtually never see Bayern, Athletico, Ajax etc etc

In that way, football IS like a business. The big names - Adidas, Nike, Microsoft etc. And the also rans - Joma, Ubuntu etc etc

No-one will wear the shirt of a selling club in Asia or wherever. Its not gonna happen. The big names can afford more money on a player - Real M, the Mancs, because they can get the money back! So 40m/ 50m on a player etc makes massive "commercial sense".

If we piss around with Ngogs and Adams etc we lose the revenue.

Message to greedy corporate pigs in football, YOU CANT HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT.

INvest or die is the name of the game.