You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

anyone else feel it?

WaltonRed

The smile is back. The smile on our gaffers face at the press conference, the smiles on players faces during training, the smiles on supporters faces after years of despair.

Yea, it really feels good. Suddenly I remember how good it can feel to follow this club. Right now I don’t care about results, just give us some proper football and’ we’ll all have something to enjoy again. The results would hopefully come along as a side effect.

The last few days have been very emotional. I'm overjoyed to see Kenny in charge for the rest of the season.

However, it's now joy tempered with uncertainty about the future. I'm not convinced with the appointment of Comolli. In fact I wish he wasn't here and Kenny was allowed to go and sign a few players of his choice. That's not a judgment of Comolli, just my personal preference. I'd rather the manager was allowed to sign the players. I'm not talking about extravagant, marquee signings - just a couple to help Kenny in what looks to be a short stint.

The same goes for the next manager, if Kenny is replaced in the summer - I'm not a believer in the "director of football" strategy in this country because managers are used to working in different ways here.

I don't want to ruin the party and I'm still buzzing from Kenny's return to the helm. But, for all of the wild optimism the last few days has induced, I'm still worried about the long term direction of the club.

The last few days have been very emotional. I'm overjoyed to see Kenny in charge for the rest of the season.

However, it's now joy tempered with uncertainty about the future. I'm not convinced with the appointment of Comolli. In fact I wish he wasn't here and Kenny was allowed to go and sign a few players of his choice. That's not a judgment of Comolli, just my personal preference. I'd rather the manager was allowed to sign the players. I'm not talking about extravagant, marquee signings - just a couple to help Kenny in what looks to be a short stint.

The same goes for the next manager, if Kenny is replaced in the summer - I'm not a believer in the "director of football" strategy in this country because managers are used to working in different ways here.

I don't want to ruin the party and I'm still buzzing from Kenny's return to the helm. But, for all of the wild optimism the last few days has induced, I'm still worried about the long term direction of the club.

Relax mate, it’s going to be the way it used to. The club and manager telling everyone how happy they are about the team, no replacement is imminent etc. Then, when you least expect it, a press conference with a new player dressed in red.

I wouldn't say that... with a good striker/winger/CB signing we'd likely finish in the CL.

Sorry, we won't. That ship sailed last year. It's my only beef with NESV; they waited too long. 4th is imo gone already.

We've got our football club back and have a manager who knows, understands and will fight for US.

There's no way Kenny would let Ferguson call Torres a "cheat" and not respond immediately with a brilliant put-down.

Ain't that the fuckin' truth.

It's almost unreal watching press conferences now. We have finally got a proper manager again.

It was just absoutely fucking ace to see him first in the dugout with his long coat on and then giving the post match interview.

I'm made up he's back and I love the sight of him. As others have said, I feel just like a Liverpool fan again and that the decisions made behind the seems will be made for the right reasons.

In an ideal world, we sign two good first teamers this window, we finish top 6, have a good pop at the UEFA Cup, I'd love to see Kenny lift a European trophy and then the club have the decision to make in the Summer. If Kenny can get us top 6, win the Uefa pot and has the hunger and desire for more, then we will be in a decent position come June to really start looking to the future again.

What a great post, so good it needs to be posted again :thumbup::thumbup:

Guest San Don

Went into work today and all the Liverpool fans I spoke to were in joyous mood. And that's after being robbed again in manchester.

And the simple reason is Kenny Dalglish, the King. He's back. He's already put some pride back. He's given us a spring in our step.

Things can only get better.

As a former lurker and someone who saw Kenny both play and manage, I have to say I haven't felt this good about our club for a long time. The way he conducts himself is in stark contrast to our previous incumbents (as much as I love Rafa's achievements, I cringed when he spoke to the media). There are only a few men that could command respect from today's millionaire footballers - as someone who has 8 league titles and 3 European Cup winners medals, Kenny is one of them. Even Johnson's handshake in training seemed to be the same as a giddy supporter greeting a hero (or was that just me?).

Whatever happens between now and the rest of the season, I am just grateful for this moment, the moment I loved my football club again.

Seriously, my face muscles are hurting. Not used to this Carol Smillie shit at all.

Only worry I have (How dare I) is the Comolli/Clarke aspect but then if Kenny is not in complete control, they have picked the wrong stooge, this is Kenny and he has many challenges ahead but you have to back him against any or all of those to see them off as he's a winner.

TBH I lost a bit of respect for Kenny as I thought he should of left the club when G&H were still owners - whilst he was there it was if he was condoning them - but seeing him yesterday took me back 20 years to the glory days and I've haven;t felt this good about LFC for years. I don't really think the future is Kenny's but at least he can give us back our pride and dignity and watch all the lads who gibbed the match start going back - It'll be like the 80's again.

As a former lurker and someone who saw Kenny both play and manage, I have to say I haven't felt this good about our club for a long time. The way he conducts himself is in stark contrast to our previous incumbents (as much as I love Rafa's achievements, I cringed when he spoke to the media). There are only a few men that could command respect from today's millionaire footballers - as someone who has 8 league titles and 3 European Cup winners medals, Kenny is one of them. Even Johnson's handshake in training seemed to be the same as a giddy supporter greeting a hero (or was that just me?).

Whatever happens between now and the rest of the season, I am just grateful for this moment, the moment I loved my football club again.

I'll agree with this. Just seeing Dalglish speaking up Torres to the media afterwards, even if he had a very mediocre game, tells you he is a smart guy. He makes the players and the fans believe we are better than anybody else, and that is what i've missed about beeing a Liverpool supporter lately. I want to believe what im saying when slagging off other teams as inferior!! Roy's 'shoot yourself in the kneecap' press meetings were honest im sure, but thats not always the way to go...

I just love that man. Elvis was cool enough the early years, but Kenny is clearly the king. Just watching these clips I get the same butterflies in my stomach that you get when you fall in love.

Kenny Dalglish may very well save my love for this game after getting more and more disillusioned the last 2 years.

I'm optimistic about the Comolli thing, it's not really going to be any different than what it used to be, Kenny will say "I need players who can do this and this and this", and suggest names, Comolli is a good enough football man to know the sort of player if the name isnt available and I think him and Kenny will work as a team more often than not.

The only problem might be if Comolli signs someone Kenny doesn't want. Kenny will just get on with it though and won't kick off in the media, he will just go straight to Comolli's office and they will talk it over instead.

I'm optimistic about the Comolli thing, it's not really going to be any different than what it used to be, Kenny will say "I need players who can do this and this and this", and suggest names, Comolli is a good enough football man to know the sort of player if the name isnt available and I think him and Kenny will work as a team more often than not.

The only problem might be if Comolli signs someone Kenny doesn't want. Kenny will just get on with it though and won't kick off in the media, he will just go straight to Comolli's office and they will talk it over instead.

So long as it's a partnership and it works both ways then I don't see it being a problem.