You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

as the title says are they ?.

is it so impossible for refs to be bribed , rob styles very suspect steve bennet martin atkinson .to name a few .

we watch every week and when they get obvious decisions wrong the pundits all say it swing and roundabouts , is it ? i venture you only need to bribe 2 or 3 top refs . its happened in Italy germany so why are we above it . im not convinced our league is honest but im open to persuasion ..

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole fucking League is corrupt. Certain people have too much influence on the FA, Premier League and Refs and it's no coincidence that you see the same things happen to the same teams time and time again.

We're as bad as the Italians but do it in a different way.

Probably, dunno if its in a brown envelope way or "Man Utd are likely to be in big games at the end of the season so I'll give them decisions so Ferguson likes me and I get the games" type way.

I think it's a bit naive if anyone thinks theres no chance of it, it's a billion dollar industry, so much at stake for teams and its happened in other big leagues. I'd be surprised if it wasnt going on to be honest but to what extent I dont know.

Guest San Don

I dont think refs in the PL are bribed but I do think a certain manager, ferguson, is allowed to put pressure on refs so that the refs go easy on his teams.

neville should have been off in the first half against stoke and wba this season yet what happens? Fuck all, that's what.

ferguson is there at the side of the pitch showing his watch to the ref and making comments here there and everywhere.

Its all subtle and designed to put pressure on the ref.

The whole fucking League is corrupt. Certain people have too much influence on the FA, Premier League and Refs and it's no coincidence that you see the same things happen to the same teams time and time again.

We're as bad as the Italians but do it in a different way.

Nah, they're just inept, scared shitless of Alex Ferguson and fearful of being scrutinised to hell for making a crucial decision against a big team.

I think its a combination of the above. Too many people definently have too much undue influence and the refs are scared shitless to make decisions against certain clubs.

I also think certain Refs carry pro or anti bias depending on the club in question. I've seen refs who definently try their best to fuck us over and some who seem to want to help us. The mancs are in a league of their own though. Some of the shit that has gone on with them down through the years is definently vry dodgy.

Like any other big-money industry, there's shady shit going on behind closed doors. You'll never change that, its the way of the world. Are refs openly bent? Unlikely. But anyone who believes the league, FA and etcetera are all populated by upright, honest individuals are living in a dreamworld.

I think that any bias to the bigger clubs is more to do with the referees wanting to be given the bigger games & keeping the powerful clubs onside, along with the sheer volume of the fans at bigger grounds putting more pressure on them

I would not be surprised to see a refereeing scandal in this country but would expect it to be to do with bookies rather than the clubs.

Refs are spineless, gutless cowardly cunts in the premier league. Some may be corrupt but its more to do with the fact they are cowards.

The amount of pressure they get put under by the big clubs is a joke and the FA and the premier league, who are just as cowardly don't do a thing about it. There is one reason for this, and its money.

If Man U win the league every other year, or Chelsea, or Arsenal then they can sell the rights to the premier league for more and more money because they are big names who go and win it and popular teams world wide. Attendances keep up to high levels and they make more money. Also the controversial nature of the league keep people talking about it and keep the prices high when they sell the rights.

On occasion a Blackburn comes along and wins the league, this helps keep the fairy tale element going so they can sell the league rights still, but if a nobody team came from nowhere and won the league too often, or we had a lot of different teams winning it, then it would be seen as potentially weak and they would get less money.

In short, refs are cowards and the FA or the premier league will never do shit all about it because it will affect their profit margins, this affects the salaries and bonuses the chiefs of the organisations get paid.

We all know that FIFA are corrupt as fuck, but the FA and Premier league are just as bad, too concerned about lining their own pockets than what is actually good for the game.

I think we can see evidence of favouritism every week and its almost always towards the big clubs because they are the 'geese that lay the golden eggs.'

Also if these fellas are interested in football then they are obviously going to support a club.

But who is to say that if when asked they say they support a different club?

You can be chinese or malaysian and support the mancs so if a ref who lives in say hertfordshire is not allowed to ref in london and gets northern games then who can say that he doesnt support those teams?

I also know of a certain referee from these parts who used to referee us v the mancs back in 80s/90s who was a man u supporter and used to be dropped off at the ground by his liverpool supporting brother in law!

My old fella was a daily workmate of said brother in law.

I think we can see evidence of favouritism every week and its almost always towards the big clubs because they are the 'geese that lay the golden eggs.'

Also if these fellas are interested in football then they are obviously going to support a club.But who is to say that if when asked they say they support a different club?

You can be chinese or malaysian and support the mancs so if a ref who lives in say hertfordshire is not allowed to ref in london and gets northern games then who can say that he doesnt support those teams?

I also know of a certain referee from these parts who used to referee us v the mancs back in 80s/90s who was a man u supporter and used to be dropped off at the ground by his liverpool supporting brother in law!

My old fella was a daily workmate of said brother in law.

That's got to influence certain key decisions, and I don't think their is a lot you can do about it.

Oh and as a club we don't do nearly enough to expose the corruption in the league. Rafa is the only one who tried and he got vilified in the press by it, he should have been backed to the hilt by the club and any friendly media outlet we had, he highlighted a genuine issue and it got brushed away.

Then again we did have the twats in charge.

as the title says are they ?.

is it so impossible for refs to be bribed , rob styles very suspect steve bennet martin atkinson .to name a few .

we watch every week and when they get obvious decisions wrong the pundits all say it swing and roundabouts , is it ? i venture you only need to bribe 2 or 3 top refs . its happened in Italy germany so why are we above it . im not convinced our league is honest but im open to persuasion ..

Styles and Bennet no longer referee. The former gave us good and bad calls in equal measure. We never got a single decision off the other bald eagle.

A lot of referees grow up supporting or disliking a club so that wil influence their decisions.

The vast majority are shit scared of Ferguson. The ref yesterday (hoy , woy or yoy ?) who didn't give the clearest penalty you will ever see against neville should be banned for the rest of the season.

If he given it the inbred would have been sent off. This is the second time this season that Neville should have been sent off, the ref has bottled it and scum go on to get six points. Both games it would have been in the first half and therefore game changers.