You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hangover Thread

Paulie Dangerously

Don't get how people eat a load hungover. Especially greasy food. The thought alone makes my stomach turn.

Eating before bed helps, even if it's a couple of crumpets when you get in or something, along with orange juice. When it comes to the hangover OJ is king.

Also - a long walk helps. If I'm feeling really gruesome, as soon as I'm properly awake I'll force myself out the house with a litre bottle of water and simply walk until I feel human again. Think my record's about eight miles. Also it means you're ready for a nice snooze in the afternoon which helps even more.

Though as has been said, time's the only thing that really, 100% helps. Even after a relatively light session, if I happen to wake up hungover for whatever reason, I never really feel 100% again that day. Well, unless I get back on the ale. That really does work, but you've got to be really careful!

mine are terrible. I haven't drank two consecutive nights since I was 20. saying that I put a bit away when I drink.

Worst one I had was in new york in holiday necking fuck knows how much vodka and red bull. I was that pissed apparently the bar staff threatened call nypd my mate asked why, looked out of window and saw I had snapped a star and stripes aerial off a car was waving it with a fag hanging out my gob staggering everywhere.

was sick all the next day.

got a few mates who never get them at all.Cunts.

Know what you mean about the eating thing. I drink like a fish when out , proper go for it. Don't see the point in just having a couple. Anyway, i know people who can easily go and get a maccies or a fry-up right off when they get up. Not me. Orange lucozade and bed , write my will and promise god i'll never ever drink again if he lets me get through this affliction he has let me wake up with. 

Know what you mean about the eating thing. I drink like a fish when out , proper go for it. Don't see the point in just having a couple. Anyway, i know people who can easily go and get a maccies or a fry-up right off when they get up. Not me. Orange lucozade and bed , write my will and promise god i'll never ever drink again if he lets me get through this affliction he has let me wake up with. 

In my drinking days, I couldn't function the morning after until I'd had a couple of sausage mcmuffins and a large coffee. The day was usually still a write off, but at least it gave me the ability to think on a very basic level.

The only time I've ever promised God and Jesus that I would never be a naughty boy again was on a bad shroom trip. Did them again after that, like.

• 3 weeks later...

Was up at half one this morning, head down the bog, throwing up what remained of the chilli burger I bought on the way home last night. Spent the following three hours going back and forth to the bathroom to vomit and fill my glass up with bathroom tap water, which is fucking nasty compared to kitchen tap water. Also had the 'Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer' tune playing in my head on a constant loop whilst trying to get back to sleep. Pissed me right off.

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...

Had a full days hangover yesterday. Went out with work on Thursday night who put on a free bar. I usually drink 2 litres of water a day in work but I've been off for a week so not particularly kept that up, and only had a sandwich Thursday before going out. I thought I was quite sensible by sticking to the same draft lager (peroni) and stayed away from the shots. I even got the last train home from town and was in ours for 12.30am with a day of fuck all to look forward to.

Woke up on the couch at 4am, spewed my ring up and had a twat of a headache. Necked a bottle of water which I subsequently spewed up moments later. I managed a couple of hours kip in my lads bed who'd jumped into ours through the night, and then was up spewing again. Friday was spent either sleeping or spewing. I got my hands on a bottle of lucozade and got a few swigs in, but impressively managed to hurl that back up whilst it was still fizzy.

I'm still feeling it this morning. My back is in agony with the heaving, I've only managed two slices of toast in 38 hours and I'm supposed to be at a wedding tonight. Needless to say I've volunteered to drive.

Must be the Peroni. Happened to me a few weeks back.

Free Bar? Peroni?

Anyone else reckon they whacked on a dodgy barrel?

Given it's normally at least a fiver a pint, country pads doing weddings and city centre wanker spots aside; it's probably the only time they can shift in that greater volume to clear the back stock.

I was out with work and had a good few pints of Peroni. I don't normal drink it but was on the 11pm train home and had food and water and was in bed by about 12ish. Woke up spewing my ring then was out of action for the whole of the next day with a pounding headache. Unless it was the 'dodgy' burger i had 

Peroni is a cunt for hangovers. Not a good beer for sessions.

I was so hungover yesterday morning that I had to sit on the bog to have a piss.

Never found it to be particularly bad for hangovers to be honest. San Miguel though will make me feel shit all day even just on a couple of pints.

Ha. Ended up getting some powder and trying to smash the headboard into next door until 6am. It was indeed interesting. Paying the price now though.

I'm the opposite, if I start doing coke I just want to drink more.

The next day with a raging hangover I could give Ron Jeremy a run for his money.