You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Epic Swindle 2: JWH bums GG. Again.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Guest TesticleOReilly

The house of cards is finally falling for George Gillett’s Richard Petty Motorsports.

The assembly line from Roush Fenway Racing and Roush Yates engines, which supply chassis and engines respectively, has stopped running to RPM. Engines have been picked up, cars have been repossessed, and sources on both sides -- RPM and RFR -- say no cars will be delivered beyond this weekend.

Sources tell FOXSports.com that the Talladega cars were returned after 11 a.m. ET Thursday, but they do not have engines or gears yet.

On Thursday morning, crewmen at RPM were told they may not have jobs after the race at Martinsville Speedway this weekend.

Neither Petty team CEO Foster Gillett nor team Vice President Robbie Loomis could be reached for comment.A spokesperson for the company said there was nothing to comment on at this time.

The recent developments come just weeks after Roush Fenway Racing co-owner John W. Henry’s New England Sport Ventures acquired the debt-riddled Liverpool Football Club of the Premier League, which is co-owned by Gillett, on Oct. 6 for $477 million. After the sale was complete, however, Gillett and his business partner Tom Hicks threatened to sue NESV for damages of at least $1.6 billion for “an extraordinary swindle" because they felt the team was undervalued in the sale.

Along with being Jack Roush’s partner in the Roush Fenway Racing operation, Henry is the owner of record on the Nos. 6 and 17 Fords of David Ragan and Matt Kenseth.

On Twitter following the sale, Henry wrote, “We have a binding contract. Will fight Mill Hicks Gillett attempt to keep club today. Their last desperate attempt to entrench their regime.”

Ray Evernham founded what is now RPM in 2000. George Gillett became majority owner in August 2007 and renamed the company Gillett Evernham Motorsports. A partnership developed between the organization and Richard Petty toward the end of the 2008 season and beginning in 2009 the organization was re-branded Richard Petty Motorsports with the King serving as the front man.

RPM currently fields four cars in the Sprint Cup Series -- the Nos. 9 (Aric Almirola), 19 (Elliott Sadler), 43 (AJ Allmendinger) and 98 (Paul Menard). Kasey Kahne was released from his contract as of Wednesday night and will drive for Red Bull Racing for the remainder of the year and in 2011. Sadler is expected to drive for Kevin Harvick Inc., which fields Nationwide and Truck teams, next year. Menard signed a multiyear deal to drive for Richard Childress Racing starting next year. His current crew chief Richard “Slugger” Labbe will continue his duties at RCR.

Allmendinger re-signed a multiyear deal to drive the No. 43 Ford this summer. Allmendinger is currently 20th in the points standings. Marcos Ambrose was signed to drive the No. 19 Ford in August with Stanley Tools as his primary sponsor. Ambrose currently drives for JTG Daugherty Racing and is 26th in the points standings.

Source

Guest TesticleOReilly
Can someone explain to me what the fuck that article means?

George Gillet has a racing car team. So does JW Henry. JW Henry supplies the engines and chassis to Gillett's team to use.

Or, rather, he did. Henry's just pulled the plug.

Just did a quick google for more information about his latest woes. As always, Wikipedia's page was prominent in the results and the summary gave me a lovely warm feeling inside. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing this phrase:

kthxbai.jpg

Motor racing is my second sport (was my first for quite a while before Mosley and Ecclestone fucked F1 beyond recognition with their cost cutting measures and obsession with forcing artificial overtaking and "entertainment"). NASCAR is just WWF on wheels and means nothing to me though. It's even worse than F1 for focussing on brainless entertainment over sport and technology. Still a nice little development though :)

Still not enough, he needs to die

You wouldn't have registered just to post inflammatory comments which will later feature in George and Tom's court action against the club as examples of the "internet terrorism" which RBS and the "home team" directors managed to whip up, would you?

Just asking.

You wouldn't have registered just to post inflammatory comments which will later feature in George and Tom's court action against the club as examples of the "internet terrorism" which RBS and the "home team" directors managed to whip up, would you?

Just asking.

Good call.

fuck ...that made me laugh out loud.......i was thinking the same thing ....and more to the point who the fuck cares

big cars going round in a big roundabout with banks faster than another big car

fucking whoop de doo

Still better than cricket

Just did a quick google for more information about his latest woes. As always, Wikipedia's page was prominent in the results and the summary gave me a lovely warm feeling inside. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing this phrase:

kthxbai.jpg

It gives me that warm ecstatic Ready Brek glow each and every time I've read stuff like that over the last 6 days. In fact I've taken the day off work tomorrow just to celebrate the one week anniversary! ;):P:biggrin: