You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reports in Turkey, Rijkaard quits Gala and is set to be named LFC manager

8jordan8

But i'd bet they will be evaluating their options and trying to establish lines of contact with potential replacements over the next few weeks.

Yup, like asking Rijkaard to hang fire before he picks a new job, etc. That's if he leaves his current one shortly anyway.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tweets have come to a standstill so that is the end of that I hope the press run the story just to put the owners on the spot.

Yea definately, back them into a corner and force their hand, either they'll stick with Hodgson till after christmas or act fast and do the right thing, do you trust Roy to buy well in January, more importantly do the owners, if not then they must get Rijkaard in now, take the pressure away from him for this season, barely no pressure on the final league position, cos at the money 10th would be good enough, he'll have a few months to stamp his mark on the club till Jan then can start his proper rebuiding job with his signings and adding the finishing touchs to th squad

Why do keep refreshing this thread in the hope for a new manager. sad sad

Other breaking rumours just in:*

"Mourinho to quit Madrid for the Mersey"

"Hiddink heads for Huyton"

"Del Bosque leaves Spain in the lurch for Stanley Park"

"Messi set for sensational switch to Melwood"

"Platini does "worst fans" u-turn"

"Collina to come out of retirement to ref Liverpool games at Old Toilet"

*If you thought "no" to any of these rumours, you've just answered them all. And the little issue of RH's Liverpool future.

I'd be unsure about him. Would get us playing attacking football atleast. It could be argued that he formed the 2009 barcelona squad, one of the best i have ever seen anywhere. I'm reserved as he hasn't shown anything else that good anywhere else. In my opinion Pellegrini would be a better shot.

He got sacked for not winning the Laliga with the best team in the world for two seasons in a row. Still he is better than what we got now.

Fink'ell, he is better than Houllier and Redknapp.

Let's not go down the 'he's better than what we have now' route. We now have the financial stability to attract any available manager. And we need one now for the long term. If we have to wait till the summer then it would be best to have Kenny as interim in my opinion.

Let's not go down the 'he's better than what we have now' route. We now have the financial stability to attract any available manager. And we need one now for the long term. If we have to wait till the summer then it would be best to have Kenny as interim in my opinion.

Agreed that we have the financial stability and personally I think it is the best option for us to wait till the end of the season to get a new manager. I have good memories of Kenny and for him to takeover now as interim manager would be kind of an insult to his managerial ability. If he is in it then he has to be there for the long term. Who would have the balls and heart to go upto Kenny and say that he is fired after he takes us to safety?

Moreover, NESV have not given us any promises regarding the amount of investment they want to put into the club. They haven't even really talked about firing Hodgson let alone finding a new manager. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will put money into the club and help us compete. Given the current position we are in, even if we finish 10th the owners would see it as an improvement. I hope they do not think that finishing 10th represents what this club is capable of achieveing and reflects our true stature.

Coming to the manager issue, how many good ones are out there? When we appointed Benitez, we were kinda lucky to get a manager who had won the league title. How many managers get fired for winning a league title or leave his position after winning one? The good ones are Hiddink and Mourinho but they are not likely to leave their current position for us. The likes of Van Gaal, Rijkaard are hit and miss. Van Gaal would be an interesting choice (handles things professionaly and has a great management team) but aren't Bayern struggling this season after their success last year? Rafa is a no go for me as I feel that he had his chance.

Ideally I would like to see a smart manager who, has tactical nouse and awareness, is charismatic enough to attract good players, can keep the good players in the squad and dispose the bad ones and has excellent managerial skills to handle a club of our stature.

Ideally I would like to see a smart manager who, has tactical nouse and awareness, is charismatic enough to attract good players, can keep the good players in the squad and dispose the bad ones and has excellent managerial skills to handle a club of our stature.

AKA Mourinho.

So that's a no.