You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reports in Turkey, Rijkaard quits Gala and is set to be named LFC manager

8jordan8

A couple of sheet's of paper with words and shit on it i think.

There might be a bit about employment history and achievments and stuff. then a tiny bit at the bottom about hobbies.

Apparently he likes sport, reading and taking long walks. and participating in Spitting contests.

Does he cut his own hair?

I honestly thought Barca were a lot stronger when he took over, and that people like Xavi were already there. Fair play to him for bringing in the right players and getting stars like that to gel and play the football they did/do.

I'm still not sure about him though.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won the European Cup with Barca, introduced Messi to the world...

and Iniesta, he also brought in Eto'o and Deco and had a habit of beating Real Madrid. People seem to forget that Barca were underachieving and didn't win shit for about 5 or 6 years before Rijkaard came in.

Does he cut his own hair?

I honestly thought Barca were a lot stronger when he took over, and that people like Xavi were already there. Fair play to him for bringing in the right players and getting stars like that to gel and play the football they did/do.

I'm still not sure about him though.

Ten CAte used to cut it for him although he did those dreadlocks himself.

No Barca were just plodding along to be fair although not as bad as we are. as others have said though having Ten Cate alongside him helped. as did Laporta winning the elections when he did.

I really hope this is true, his agent is hardly going to come out whilst he is still officially manager of Galatasaray and say "yes, its true Liverpool have sacked Hodgson and Frank is taking over tonight" its all politics at the moment, Liverpool must sort things out with Hodgson before they can "name" Rijkaard. I would love this to be true, he is a young successful manager, small blip with Galatasaray but realistically how many people can comfortably adapt to the Turkish way of life, its a different world with a different mentallity.

While i want Roy Hodgson to leave, i dont think Rijkaard would be a good choice.

I mean on what merits ?

He did a good job at Barca, no doubt. But look at the players he had to work with.

I want a manager who is consistant in his ideas and has a proven good record wherever he has been. There are quite a few good south american managers who i think we should seriously consider. Marcelo Bielsa or Hector Cuper. Hiddink with abit of persuasion...Think we can do better than Rijkaard.

While i want Roy Hodgson to leave, i dont think Rijkaard would be a good choice.

I mean on what merits ?

He did a good job at Barca, no doubt. But look at the players he had to work with.

I want a manager who is consistant in his ideas and has a proven good record wherever he has been. There are quite a few good south american managers who i think we should seriously consider. Marcelo Bielsa or Hector Cuper. Hiddink with abit of persuasion...Think we can do better than Rijkaard.

But at Barca they was in a similar situation to us (obviously not as bad) but albeit the players he brought in or the talent he nutured whilst there he must be given massive credit to the Barca we see now. The likes on Xavi was always a very good player but Rijkaard brought him onto the world stage where he shone and started getting the credit he deserved. Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Messi, Deco, Eto'o, Puyol etc shone under his leadership and became "world class"

If I had a choice of someone coming from Turkey it would be Hiddink, After two wins they've lost two games and are 3rd behind Austria who have a game in hand. Getting hammered 3-0 by Germany (no shame in that) last week would have gone down badly with the crowd which was predominantly Turkish, despite being in Germany.

We need a loose manager thread watching who's available if/when this turns out to be false. Must be careful not just to be too hasty and just say anything is better.

I really hope this is true, his agent is hardly going to come out whilst he is still officially manager of Galatasaray and say "yes, its true Liverpool have sacked Hodgson and Frank is taking over tonight" its all politics at the moment, Liverpool must sort things out with Hodgson before they can "name" Rijkaard. I would love this to be true, he is a young successful manager, small blip with Galatasaray but realistically how many people can comfortably adapt to the Turkish way of life, its a different world with a different mentallity.

what part of it's all bollocks are you not getting?

what part of it's all bollocks are you not getting?

Granted it might be bollocks, are we not allowed to be excited at potentially getting rid of a dour, defensive manager who has the charisma of a nun and replacing him with someone who transformed Barcelona into what we no today? We wont know nothing till tommorrow but why is bollocks do you know something nobody else does?

Granted it might be bollocks, are we not allowed to be excited at potentially getting rid of a dour, defensive manager who has the charisma of a nun and replacing him with someone who transformed Barcelona into what we no today? We wont know nothing till tommorrow but why is bollocks do you know something nobody else does?

erm yeah i know not to believe shit that gets banded about on Twitter.

Or it could be that it's already been reported to be bollocks

or that the site that apparently "Broke" The story is not a very good source.

Or maybe that ATK has posted this is 100% not true.

Or it's because and this is probably more accurate. I've an ounce of common sense.

erm yeah i know not to believe shit that gets banded about on Twitter.

Or it could be that it's already been reported to be bollocks

or that the site that apparently "Broke" The story is not a very good source.

Or maybe that ATK has posted this is 100% not true.

Or it's because and this is probably more accurate. I've an ounce of common sense.

So its absolutely unheard of in football for people to deny rumours only for them to come true in the non-so distant future? So if it turns out in the morning Rijkaard has quit then is it still bollocks or will there be a chance that its true. Maybe I'm just hoping and dreaming! but like Red Pheonix said the rumour brought a smile to my face to after the start we've had, it lifted my spirits slightly, we are allowed to dream!!