You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reports in Turkey, Rijkaard quits Gala and is set to be named LFC manager

8jordan8

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always scratch my head when people come up with names of people who would make good coaches, and can say they think Sammy is a bad one. Completely baseless opinion. Didi, Gary Mac, Sami, Carra. All great coaches in some people's eyes for some reason.

Yep. No different then the Newcastle fans desperate for Shearer. They base it mainly on their love of the player. Yes, we know Carra watches loads of football, but it doesn't for one second mean he is going to be a decent coach. And to risk him now at our club is beyond madness. I hope Carra goes and manages at a lower level first. Then, if successfull there and then a lower level PL team (not us at the moment before someone says it) then I'd love nothing more then for him to be manager here. But it could ruin him to step in here now.

As for Gary Mac; well he certainly hasn't pulled up trees when he was a coach so this seems a very odd one!

Yep. No different then the Newcastle fans desperate for Shearer. They base it mainly on their love of the player. Yes, we know Carra watches loads of football, but it doesn't for one second mean he is going to be a decent coach. And to risk him now at our club is beyond madness. I hope Carra goes and manages at a lower level first. Then, if successfull there and then a lower level PL team (not us at the moment before someone says it) then I'd love nothing more then for him to be manager here. But it could ruin him to step in here now.

As for Gary Mac; well he certainly hasn't pulled up trees when he was a coach so this seems a very odd one!

Poor post John.

Wouldn't matter what player it is, be it Gerrard, Torres, Carra, Pepe...whoever. Personally I'd want that player to go off and get some experience managing either at lower league level or put in a few years as a coach before even contemplating taking the Managers job.

Just the sensible thing to do in my opinion.

Guest ShoePiss
Bob, Joe, Ronnie, Roy, Kenny.

Lack of previous coaching experience not considered a drawback! Straight from playing into the backroom staff or even higher in Kenny's case.

They had the best support network in world football to draw from, just not the case at Anfield these days.