You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Absolutely fucking immense performance from the lads yesterday. Cant comment on the sending off as I was to far away.

I'm not going to heap praise on Hodgson for the second half performance as even under Rafa we had our fair share of great results when down to ten men.

The players and the fans were outstanding yesterday. I've been one of Maschers biggest critics but I couldn't fault him. A lot of other players in his situation would have hid and protected themselves from picking up an injury.

I think there was a marked improvement in our style of football and we've seen the back of zonal marking. As I've said I thought every player was great but for me, Dirk stood out. A little disappointed to have conceded so late and in the manner we did, but I'm not going to let that goal spoil the day.

If I had one complaint, it would have to be Torres. The lad needs to realise he also has a duty to track back and help out, especially given that we were protecting a gaol lead with one less man. On more than one occasion he was just stood watching when the action was just a few yards from him.

Having seen the Cole sending off on the telly, I have no complaints. Had that same challenge been made on one of our players, we'd have expected the same.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were a bit disjointed in possession in the first half especially, but there were some promising signs. It's a shame that Cole is going to be out for three games because that midfield combination needs a run of games to gel properly. I thought N'Gog did well and Mascherano was excellent as well but we didn't get the ball on the floor and pass enough for my liking, which was a sad reminder of our many failings last season.

I thought we were shit and only a disjointed performance from arsenal and magnificent performance from mascherano stopped us getting hammered.

Bit harsh that.

Totally agree on Mascherano and also thought first half could have been a lot better, but second half I thought we were excellent, well organised, some threat going forward and solid at the back (give or take the odd scare that you will always have aganist them).

A draw was a fair result, I think the late goal has skewed the overall perspective of the game.

Certainly lots of room for improvement but I have seen much worse over the last 12 months.

Onwards and upwards.

I thought we were shit and only a disjointed performance from arsenal and magnificent performance from mascherano stopped us getting hammered.

We weren't. So there.

once more confirmation (not required for those who already know it and wasted on those who refuse to see it) that steven gerrard cannot play the central midfield role

Nonsense. He played really well. I agree he was great on the right a few years ago, but tosay he can't play in midfield on the evidence of yesterday's game has no credibility.

But I just dont think Cole is this messiah some of you gys are claiming.

Who said he was the messiah? Who said he's better than Messi (as you said earlier)? He's a good player and an excellent free transfer.

These are things that are in your head. Stop arguing with yourself.

Who said he was the messiah? Who said he's better than Messi (as you said earlier)? He's a good player and an excellent free transfer.

These are things that are in your head. Stop arguing with yourself.

He's referring to Gerrard...

"Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better,"

He's referring to Gerrard...

"Messi can do some amazing things, but anything he can do Joe can do as well, if not better,"

Fair dos.

But saying he can do amazing things with a ball in training and saying he's better than Messi are two different things.

I always respected Arsenal as they were the only team who challenged the mancs in the mid-90s and stopped them winning everything. They always play nice football these days (it's as if George Graham has been wiped from history though).

But that "hoof" thing, the way their fans were celebrating the 4-4 like they'd won the league the other year, the behaviour of their fans in general, not just the nonsensical warblings of this Abs from Steps lad are getting right up my nose.

Fair dos.

But saying he can do amazing things with a ball in training and saying he's better than Messi are two different things.

I always respected Arsenal as they were the only team who challenged the mancs in the mid-90s and stopped them winning everything. They always play nice football these days (it's as if George Graham has been wiped from history though).

But that "hoof" thing, the way their fans were celebrating the 4-4 like they'd won the league the other year, the behaviour of their fans in general, not just the nonsensical warblings of this Abs from Steps lad are getting right up my nose.

Completely agree, Arsenal fans are worse than United fans in some ways, it doesn't help that I'm surrounded by the cunts down here in London.

The hoof chant pisses me off. It's Roy's 3rd competitive game, we weren't exactly going to be striving around the pitch with confidence. Furthermore, they have major issues in central defence, one got sent off, the other got turned inside out by fucking N'Gog!

They haven't played great football since the days of Vieira, Henry, Bergkamp, Petit, Pires, Ljundberg. They're a shadow of that team today.