You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours...

Kopite

Glad to hear it but you might need to wait a bit longer - a Section 21 notice is not an eviction notice - the landlord would then have to go to court to get a possession order if they don't move out - generally takes about 6 weeks, another three weeks or so to get an eviction order if they still fail to move out. Good news is that Section 21 notice is fairly open and shut.

He's been told by a solicitors letter that he's got 8 weeks maximum mate. He's played the system because his landlord (who isn't a professional) didn't follow procedure he's had Shelter threatening the landlord with legal action. It's laughable because they are not a homeless case (which I have total sympathy) rather they are playing the system to the maximum.

• 7 years later...

Possible issue looming with my neighbour who is normally sound.  Bit of background, he's the ideal neighbour, in his 50s, single fella, no kids, works, you wouldn't know he's there most of the time.  We have the odd chat when we bump into each other but he's not imposing.  Compared to the pot heads next door screaming at each other hes a dream.  He's also a mechanic so does all of the streets MOTs, car repeairs etc and excepts a 4 pack of stella instead of VAT which suits everyone.   

He's recently got a dog though, and with the nice weather we've been wanting to sit out the bank but there's a strong smell of what I think is dog mess coming from his yard.  I remember when we had the dog I used to have to scrub the yard every week with the old Jeyes fluid in the summer to prevent just this, the piss smell is the worst.

It might just be the fact it's gone warm and he wasn't expecting it so hopefully he'll pick up on it and sort it out without prompting. It's just a bummer that the few days a year we can enjoy our shitty, tiny, grassless but suntrap yard it's being tinged with a smell.  

The boy next door to me invited himself down to the pub on Sunday to watch the F**tball with me, the minute he walked in, those twats scored.

I'm not a nice person to watch the game with when we're losing either, I don't think he'll be back, at least I hope not.

Awkward.

Possible issue looming with my neighbour who is normally sound. Bit of background, [b{he's the ideal neighbour, in his 50s, single fella, no kids, works, you wouldn't know he's there most of the time.[/b] We have the odd chat when we bump into each other but he's not imposing. Compared to the pot heads next door screaming at each other hes a dream. He's also a mechanic so does all of the streets MOTs, car repeairs etc and excepts a 4 pack of stella instead of VAT which suits everyone.

He's recently got a dog though, and with the nice weather we've been wanting to sit out the bank but there's a strong smell of what I think is dog mess coming from his yard. I remember when we had the dog I used to have to scrub the yard every week with the old Jeyes fluid in the summer to prevent just this, the piss smell is the worst.

It might just be the fact it's gone warm and he wasn't expecting it so hopefully he'll pick up on it and sort it out without prompting. It's just a bummer that the few days a year we can enjoy our shitty, tiny, grassless but suntrap yard it's being tinged with a smell.

Prospective teacher should know better on excepts and accepts.

Bold bits - that what they said about Dahmer et al.

If you are going to use the word shitty, then referring to dog mess sounds a bit fey(sorry some weird shit irritates me linguistically).

But if he pretty sound and neighbourly, just ask, he may not be onto it due to the new preoccupation with the dog.

Or he might kill you and dispose of the body over a series of months via feeding the dog, and people will wonder where is Paulie as your reconstituted remains continue to stink up the lawn next door.

Are you familiar enough to approach it in a jokey way?

"Nice new dog, etc. Fucking stinks when they shit on the yard though, doesn't it?" 

I wouldn't think so.  He's very well respected and liked on the street (and the surrounding area) and although I'm confident he wouldn't be aggressive or anything I don't want to fall out with him over it.  

He mentioned his daughter is visiting in a couple of weeks, hopefully if he hasn't addressed it himself his daughter will mention it.  No, GF, I will not be bumming her. 

Prospective teacher should know better on excepts and accepts.

Bold bits - that what they said about Dahmer et al.

If you are going to use the word shitty, then referring to dog mess sounds a bit fey(sorry some weird shit irritates me linguistically).

But if he pretty sound and neighbourly, just ask, he may not be onto it due to the new preoccupation with the dog.

Or he might kill you and dispose of the body over a series of months via feeding the dog, and people will wonder where is Paulie as your reconstituted remains continue to stink up the lawn next door.

Fair challenge, think I got caught between accepting beer and excluding VAT. 

I'm hoping that as it has only seemed to be an issue with the heat he'll notice, and address it, without any prompting. 

Got a situation on my hands from the weekend, been meaning to find this thread.

Our next door neighbour, was previously on ok terms with him, had him over to watch the f**tball and bbq’s when he moved in on his own....etc Similar age, was a nice enough guy in the past but since his now Mrs and her kids have moved in he’s turned into a bit of a cock and is aggressive now in nature and seems to think he rules the neighbourhood, proper curtain twitcher that knows everyone’s business and takes it as his job to have opinions on everyone.

He wanted to knock our garden wall down when building his extension, we said no as there was no need for him to do that and could build up to it or even join onto it and it’s all gone to shit from there, him informing us that a trim on the top of our brick wall encroaches on his property by 1 millimetre (was built a long time before us and him moved in to the houses) that kind of petty shit.

Also, has shared stuff on social media about kicking out asylum seekers in this country but funny enough has a Eastern European fiancé.....supports Leeds....need I go on.

Anyway, quite frequently he blasts out shite 90’s pop music from his kitchen, with all the windows and back doors fully open. I don’t mind loud music at all but he absolutely blasts it each time. It’s annoying but we haven’t complained to date, not worth falling out over. A couple weeks ago he does the same and has an all day BBQ with his family, again we let it go. Times in the past he’s done the same about 8am on Sunday morning. Has a dog that barks like fuck (which woke is up yesterday morning also with the little shit out in the garden with one of the daughters shouting at it) always banging and doing DIY.

The noise from their house is fucking constant but yet we’ve never complained about it. Not once.

Saturday he starts blaring music from about 4pm with his family round again. Hear him having a fallout with one of his partners daughters and has been quite hard on the drink obviously. We tried to ignore it for nearly five hours (people walking by are commenting on it) and then in the end on the third of forth playing of ‘Sex on The Beach’ I message him asking him politely if he minds either closing his windows or at least turning it down a little bit as it had been going on all day and it’s a little too loud.

The music goes off, happy days we thought. Then his mum leaves the house and ignores us (we’re sat out in our front garden to try and avoid the noise and that was the quieter out of the front and back) although his dad says hello as normal, have a brief friendly exchange. Then like clockwork he comes out and is pretending to get something out his car, which is parked in front of our house in one of the parking bays.

Then walks over and starts giving it attitude to me and my other half like we’re the twats in the situation and how he’s legally allowed to do what he wants until 11pm, then starts addressing my partner. I give him both barrels about what I think and reiterating it’s not worth falling out over it but he wants to I’m good for that and he storms off and slams his front door. Him and my partner don’t tend to get on that well and I’ve had to speak to him about how he speaks to her in the past. Not having it again.

About half an hour passes and out he comes again, throwing his glass bottles in his recycling bin like a child having a tantrum and again heads inside and slams his door.

Yesterday morning our bin has been collected by the bin men and is missing, low and behold we find it in his front garden and he’s pedantic as fuck over his bins so it’s a little too much of a coincidence. Knock on his door, no answer so take it back and put it into our garden. Not an easy mistake to make as it has our house number painted on it in white paint. Fully expect him to start talking about trespassing, he’s that kinda guy.

Saw him yesterday evening and he ignores us, I stare at him as I get into the car as we’re off out and eventually he looks at me and then looks away when our eyes make contact.

I’m absolutely livid with him, pathetic behaviour from simply someone asking him politely to turn his music down. The guy’s a fucking child.

The thickarse hasn’t even realised I have three drum kits in my house (which I don’t play without special silencer heads on) and if he wants to have a competition over who can make the loudest noise there’s only going to be one winner.

Fun times.

• Upvote 1

Our next door neighbour, was previously on ok terms with him, had him over to watch the f**tball and bbq’s when he moved in on his own....etc Similar age, was a nice enough guy in the past but since his now Mrs and her kids have moved in he’s turned into a bit of a cock and is aggressive now in nature and seems to think he rules the neighbourhood, proper curtain twitcher that knows everyone’s business and takes it as his job to have opinions on everyone.

He wanted to knock our garden wall down when building his extension, we said no as there was no need for him to do that and could build up to it or even join onto it and it’s all gone to shit from there, him informing us that a trim on the top of our brick wall encroaches on his property by 1 millimetre (was built a long time before us and him moved in to the houses) that kind of petty shit.

Also, has shared stuff on social media about kicking out asylum seekers in this country but funny enough has a Eastern European fiancé.....supports Leeds....need I go on.

Anyway, quite frequently he blasts out shite 90’s pop music from his kitchen, with all the windows and back doors fully open. I don’t mind loud music at all but he absolutely blasts it each time. It’s annoying but we haven’t complained to date, not worth falling out over. A couple weeks ago he does the same and has an all day BBQ with his family, again we let it go. Times in the past he’s done the same about 8am on Sunday morning. Has a dog that barks like fuck (which woke is up yesterday morning also with the little shit out in the garden with one of the daughters shouting at it) always banging and doing DIY.

The noise from their house is fucking constant but yet we’ve never complained about it. Not once.

Saturday he starts blaring music from about 4pm with his family round again. Hear him having a fallout with one of his partners daughters and has been quite hard on the drink obviously. We tried to ignore it for nearly five hours (people walking by are commenting on it) and then in the end on the third of forth playing of ‘Sex on The Beach’ I message him asking him politely if he minds either closing his windows or at least turning it down a little bit as it had been going on all day and it’s a little too loud.

The music goes off, happy days we thought. Then his mum leaves the house and ignores us (we’re sat out in our front garden to try and avoid the noise and that was the quieter out of the front and back) although his dad says hello as normal, have a brief friendly exchange. Then like clockwork he comes out and is pretending to get something out his car, which is parked in front of our house in one of the parking bays.

Then walks over and starts giving it attitude to me and my other half like we’re the twats in the situation and how he’s legally allowed to do what he wants until 11pm, then starts addressing my partner. I give him both barrels about what I think and reiterating it’s not worth falling out over it but he wants to I’m good for that and he storms off and slams his front door. Him and my partner don’t tend to get on that well and I’ve had to speak to him about how he speaks to her in the past. Not having it again.

About half an hour passes and out he comes again, throwing his glass bottles in his recycling bin like a child having a tantrum and again heads inside and slams his door.

Yesterday morning our bin has been collected by the bin men and is missing, low and behold we find it in his front garden and he’s pedantic as fuck over his bins so it’s a little too much of a coincidence. Knock on his door, no answer so take it back and put it into our garden. Not an easy mistake to make as it has our house number painted on it in white paint. Fully expect him to start talking about trespassing, he’s that kinda guy.

Saw him yesterday evening and he ignores us, I stare at him as I get into the car as we’re off out and eventually he looks at me and then looks away when our eyes make contact.

I’m absolutely livid with him, pathetic behaviour from simply someone asking him politely to turn his music down. The guy’s a fucking child.

The thickarse hasn’t even realised I have three drum kits in my house (which I don’t play without special silencer heads on) and if he wants to have a competition over who can make the loudest noise there’s only going to be one winner.

Fun times.

Kill the cunt.

• Upvote 2

Haha.

Might just unfriend him on faceaids. That’ll learn him!!

Going to be interesting from now on I guess. The absolute man-child.

Funny but being unfriended on that shitty site upsets people more than someone raping their gran. Do it.

EDIT: unfriend him that is, not rape his gran.

• Upvote 1

Fun times.

Shove your kick drum up his arse than try and play it through his throat.

Funny but being unfriended on that shitty site upsets people more than someone raping their gran. Do it.

EDIT: unfriend him that is, not rape his gran.

Let's not be hasty, he may have a fit nan

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fun times.

Ah, those heady days when your only problem was being stalked by a 40yr old groupie. Where did they go...

Tell the cunt to grow up then if he doesn't respond either spark the fucker out or shit through his letter box. I would take the first option, then probably the third.

To be fair I’ve had some pretty disgusting shits the last few days.

• Upvote 1

Fun times.

There are some situations that can best be sorted out by an uppercut to the nose. 

I believe this is one of those situations.