You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Assassins Creed Unity.

After the brilliance of Black Flag it's dipped again. They've made it too gimmicky and thrown too much at it. I don't think this franchise lends itself to open world gaming at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm playing that at the moment and I kind of hate it. Arno feels too heavy and sluggish plus he sticks to everything like velcro. I'm fed up of climbing up to a high position, unlocking all the icons and seeing billions of treasure chests, they're a waste of time. I really wanted to like it too.

Getting the Witcher DLC when I get a few clear days next week. Pumped up for that.

I'm playing that at the moment and I kind of hate it. Arno feels too heavy and sluggish plus he sticks to everything like velcro. I'm fed up of climbing up to a high position, unlocking all the icons and seeing billions of treasure chests, they're a waste of time. I really wanted to like it too.

Getting the Witcher DLC when I get a few clear days next week. Pumped up for that.

I've started it so I'm gonna finish it, but you're right about the treasure chest thing. They've also somehow managed to engineer all the fun out of it after Black Flag.

Anything newish out along the lines of morrowind or skyrim. I dont fancy the online game at all but spent hundreds of hours on elder scrolls on thr 360

If you mean a fantasy setting maybe the new Dragon Age or Witcher 3 or the slightly older Shadow Of Mordor (that plays more like Assassin's Creed meets Batman though). If you mean similar but in a different setting then Fallout 4 is out in a week and a bit.

Picked up all three bioshocks in the Halloween steam sale for 6 quid. Never played any of them, the first one has had me edge from the very start though, not sure exactly how I'm meant to play it yet. Not used to shooters like this any more.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started the remastered version of Grim Fandango. I had played the original a few years after its release, but have totally forgotten what kind of a masterpiece that game is. Most likely didn't even realize back then, it really has quite a "game for grown ups" feel, with its approach to storytelling, the mood, the plot and the jokes. Fantastic so far.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316790 

• Upvote 1

I have just started the remastered version of Grim Fandango. I had played the original a few years after its release, but have totally forgotten what kind of a masterpiece that game is. Most likely didn't even realize back then, it really has quite a "game for grown ups" feel, with its approach to storytelling, the mood, the plot and the jokes. Fantastic so far.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316790

I have just bought this as well. I still remember playing it for the first time. Brilliant in every way. Looking forward to playing it again. 

• Upvote 2

Child of Light - Really liked this, didn't suffer from the overkill of most turn based RPGs and had a simple, entertaining story with a fantastic art style.

Limbo - The first few minutes promise so much but it jumps the shark somewhere along the way, throwing lasers and gravity flipping machines into the mix and derailing what should have been a more immersive, creepy atmosphere. Still worth a play through as the puzzles are smart enough, although clunky controls and precise timing son't really go hand in hand.

80 days - Ace. Basically a Phileas Fogg text adventure where you try and find your way around the globe. Really something else, there are so many ways around and the writing makes every trip feel unique.

80 days - Ace. Basically a Phileas Fogg text adventure where you try and find your way around the globe. Really something else, there are so many ways around and the writing makes every trip feel unique.

Saw that on Steam, looks great. Loved the novel as a kid.

I'm playing through Borderlands 2. For some reason I never got into the series, but it was on offer on the PS4 so I figured I'd give it a go. The art style still isn't for me, but the quests are starting to show some inventiveness and the writing's good. There's almost too much loot though, I'm spending as much time sorting my inventory as shooting things.

Thus far it's 7/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Replayed Tomb Raider (2013) in anticipation of Rise of the Tomb Raider. I know it rips a lot out of Uncharted and it's more action orientated than the old games but I still really enjoy it. It's amazing how much of a novelty it is playing as a female character in such games and I always like stories that channel Indiana Jones.

• Upvote 1

FM 2014 - 9.2/10

We still had Suarez and Sterling. Sturridge wasn't as injury prone. Have no interest in playing FM15 or FM16 with those disastrous unflushable turds in the squad. 

I've got FM 2012 and FM 2014 on steam, and still fire up the former more because there is so much tedium on FM 2014. FM 2016 must be excruciating.

I've got FM 2012 and FM 2014 on steam, and still fire up the former more because there is so much tedium on FM 2014. FM 2016 must be excruciating.

Detail is overwhelming on FM 2014 and onwards. Need multiple tactics guides and websites to refer to for miniscule decisions.

Would be easier if SI had tooltips explaining the pros and cons of each decision but they prefer to keep it a mystery.

Detail is overwhelming on FM 2014 and onwards. Need multiple tactics guides and websites to refer to for miniscule decisions.

Would be easier if SI had tooltips explaining the pros and cons of each decision but they prefer to keep it a mystery.

Yeah, I don't think the game is really aimed at people like me any more (possibly never was).

I'd love FM 2012, maybe even FM 2010, just with a 2015/16 update.