You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

Well, i killed all of the PVC clad stripper nuns using various unholy methods, and i'll admit it felt good. Maybe too good. Even more so when i discovered you could feed their PVC clad corpses into a mulcher and watch the resulting red and white goo come flying out*

Really enjoying this game.

*of the mulcher, before you ask 

Resident Evil..biohazard...........Going to take me about a year to complete this game.  Keep shitting myself and turning it off after 10 minutes.   Some people might be more into that than me!

Lad in work reckons VR really brings out the best in it and as much as I'd love to try it, I simply can't justify that expenditure right now.   It's bloody tempting though.   

Finally got around to starting Horizon: Zero Dawn recently. It's great thus far, but I've a feeling I'll take ages with it. It feels a bit like a Ubisoft collectathon type game, and I keep getting sidetracked by the little map markers. I think I may have to turn them off as they get a bit distracting, detracting somewhat from the immersion and atmosphere.

It really is a stunner though, the HDR makes sunsets absolutely gorgeous.

• 2 weeks later...

Mad Max and Trackmania Turbo on PS Plus this month.  

Only tried Trackmania so far, first impressions are good.  Got a real Trials type vibe to it, constantly trying to get that little bit better.

Also finally bought Tekken 7, it's Tekken.  10/10.

Mad Max and Trackmania Turbo on PS Plus this month.

Only tried Trackmania so far, first impressions are good. Got a real Trials type vibe to it, constantly trying to get that little bit better.

Also finally bought Tekken 7, it's Tekken. 10/10.

Trackmania used to be ace on Windows. Used to play it using the arrow keys on the keyboard. I imagine it’ll be a shitload easier using a PS controller.

Dark souls 3 - 10/10. Majestic game and gutted it’s the last in the series. I ploughed over 80+ hrs into it for platinum and also purchased the dlc just to prolong my gameplay on it.

Dark souls 2 - 8/10. Again ploughed a lot of time in for platinum. Although I loved it, after playing DS3 first it gets marks against due to being a tad dated. Still really enjoyed it though.

The latest Assassins Creed game is really good, and I was thoroughly bored by them. A mate of mine convinced me this one was worth playing and he was right. I’ve put over 50 hours in so far and still don’t think I’ve done much more than scratch the surface.

Yep its very good. Trouble is I have this, Horizen: Zero Dawn, Far Cry 5 and Zelda on Switch to put time into and I have hardly any spare time to do it. All epic games.

The latest Assassins Creed game is really good, and I was thoroughly bored by them. A mate of mine convinced me this one was worth playing and he was right. I’ve put over 50 hours in so far and still don’t think I’ve done much more than scratch the surface.

Yep it's fucking massive! I get sidetracked all the time with the '?'. Not a fan of some of the boss battles though.

I spent about 5 hrs farming proof of a concept on them steps! It’s not a large area tbf. The boss is tough though!

Yeah, I don't play these games totally blind, I check maps and so on (genuinely find it more immersive that way).  But it still has plenty of unpleasant surprises for me (like the Sulyvahn's beasts downstairs...).

But I left the Demon King (even though I didn't feel like he was that bad, just that I wasn't up for it), left the ruins half-explored because I was a bit under-levelled at the time and haven't even gone into the Dungeon yet, so feels like time for a change of scene before having a proper go here.

• 2 weeks later...

Minit on PS4. Blooming crazy. Have a minute to complete a level not knowing what you are supposed to do. No chance of completing so you have to keep playing until you work out what to do to complete the level in less than a minute. Like I say, blooming crazy but good short attention span fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda feel like I've hit the wall with Horizon, I haven't played it in a couple of weeks. Gorgeous looking, but quests are just gopher tasks that I end up skipping dialogue to get on with. Think I should just plough through the central story more and get it finished.

I've really got a hankering for Far Cry 5 right now. Mindless carnage and blowing shit up.

Kinda feel like I've hit the wall with Horizon, I haven't played it in a couple of weeks. Gorgeous looking, but quests are just gopher tasks that I end up skipping dialogue to get on with. Think I should just plough through the central story more and get it finished.

I've really got a hankering for Far Cry 5 right now. Mindless carnage and blowing shit up.

I loved Horizon but all of a sudden I just got bored as fuck.

Assassins Creed Origins is fucking great if you want a similar game, I am yet to get bored of it despite being 60+ hours in.