You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

I think 4 is a masterpiece.  

It is a cracking game but obviously extremely dated now. I think I tried playing a remake on PS4 and it hasn't aged well at all.

I wasn't a fan of The Evil Within but I read lots of good reviews of the sequel. Picked it up for £19.99 on Xbox One and it's very, very good. Eerie, spooky, survival horror (I mean horror) and it's a very good looking title.

If you liked Resident Evil 4 I think you will like this too.

I'm on a bit of a retro trip after finally getting bored of Call of Duty multiplayer.

I think it's more fun playing them on the original machine they were released for.  Resi 4 for me is a Gamecube experience, it suits the GC's controller.  I don't mind if it feels dated, that's where the nostalgia kicks in. It's kind of the whole point of playing old games isn't it?  Tetris feels dated but it still kicks ass.

I really should play more modern games but I just don't enjoy them as much.

I'm waiting for the next Red Dead game to drag me kicking and screaming into something more modern.

Witcher 3 GOTY Edition?  Sounds great, but I don't have a spare 300 hours.  I do, however, have a spare couple of hours each night to take a trip down memory lane.

• Upvote 1

I'm on a bit of a retro trip after finally getting bored of Call of Duty multiplayer.

I think it's more fun playing them on the original machine they were released for.  Resi 4 for me is a Gamecube experience, it suits the GC's controller.  I don't mind if it feels dated, that's where the nostalgia kicks in. It's kind of the whole point of playing old games isn't it?  Tetris feels dated but it still kicks ass.

I really should play more modern games but I just don't enjoy them as much.

I'm waiting for the next Red Dead game to drag me kicking and screaming into something more modern.

Witcher 3 GOTY Edition?  Sounds great, but I don't have a spare 300 hours.  I do, however, have a spare couple of hours each night to take a trip down memory lane.

I can buy that, absolutely. I actually played Resident Evil 4 for the first time on Nintendo Wii as I never had a Gamecube and the motion controls on it made a big difference to the experience. On PS4 it just feels like you're moving a man around with an occasional foe to press the buttons for. 

Nintendo have always stood out for trying to make the gaming experience unique. I would love to try Evil Within 2 on Switch for this reason.

With newer games, I see where you're coming from. A lot of them are attempts to cash-grab but some of them also are genuine attempts to entertain. I tend to stay away from the big AAA franchises (Call of Duty has my attention for 10 minutes, Destiny 2 was brilliant for the first couple of weeks) so finding the great new games takes some doing. It's great that they are still there to be found though.

James Pond 2 Codename: Robocod (Mega Drive)

Very good once I figured out what the heck was going on and how to control the fish-man-thing.  Charming use of Penguin biscuits and Bertie Basset (who is a bastard in this game).  Surprisingly tricky.  Excellent use of Robocop music on the start demo.

Graphics 8

Sound 9

Playability 8

Overall 8

Mean Machines TK Rignall 

I preferred Resi 4 on the Wii, the pointer controls for targeting made it a lot easier.

Yeah I've heard it's better.  

I've never owned a Wii, I might pick one up as they're GC compatible and then sell the GC. But I love a top-loading console and they're smaller/sexier than the Wii. 

It's definitely worth picking up a Wii anyway, they're dirt cheap and have some really underrated gems.

The Mario games and Twilight Princess are brilliant games and a lot of the current Mario/Zelda games on Switch are still heavily influenced by them. Classic machine.

I haven't been gaming for a fair few years and even then it was mainly sports sims but the wee lad has got to any age where I thought he'd appreciate games (6) and so I bought and we've been playing a lot of Littlebigplanet recently - really good. Also started the second one recently but not as keen on it so far though I still like it. 

Also Toy Story 3 - that's pretty good as well.

And Rayman Origins - only dabbled at this slightly but it's promising too.

This is PS3 I'm on about.

Dusted off the old Wii and bought an HD convertor for the TV as our new one doesn't have a scart connection, mainly to try and get the six-year-old daughter into playing games.

She can't get the hang of the motion controls and her hands aren't quite big enough to use the nunchuk, so she's not played most of the games I've got.

However, she LOVES Mario Kart and is actually pretty good, regularly beating her mother.

I, obviously, am still the daddy, and the game is still boss, although I really struggle to curb my language when some fucker blue shells me!

10/10 for pure fun factor.

I haven't been gaming for a fair few years and even then it was mainly sports sims but the wee lad has got to any age where I thought he'd appreciate games (6) and so I bought and we've been playing a lot of Littlebigplanet recently - really good. Also started the second one recently but not as keen on it so far though I still like it. 

Also Toy Story 3 - that's pretty good as well.

And Rayman Origins - only dabbled at this slightly but it's promising too.

This is PS3 I'm on about.

Great game Little Big Planet. Used to play that a lot. 

• Upvote 1

Wii acquired with Mario Kart, Mario & Sonic at the 2012 Olympics, steering wheel, four controllers and a nunchuck for £5.50, local pick up.

Just got myself.

Bit more as no local selling good prices.

Got a few games and old style controller as i dont like the wii pads for most games

Mario Striker

Mario galaxy

Mario Kart

Mario all stars

Mind you i did buy shitloads recently

6d4cd9657bcf4421d55cea7dafd6c8a9.jpgad70ad7dbf9677873a2590ce4b292479.jpgc264b247e74d3537b6b7fc352f6f7095.jpgc72fd4e9c25fd414fb9fd4eda186d253.jpg795d5fba3c09aed2df69c884ae3c7db9.jpgebfcfe3bea1c51132d6183a5c32f9d0b.jpg

• Upvote 1