You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

Mr Blonde

Just come home to find fences on both sides broken in the back garden with the panels strewn all over the lawn. A bunch of potted plants have been sent flying too. But by far the worst bit is that some of our neighbour's roof tiles were blown away and landed in the passage beside our house. Not the normal flat tiles but those heavy curved ones that are fitted on the roof angle.

Just come home to find fences on both sides broken in the back garden with the panels strewn all over the lawn. A bunch of potted plants have been sent flying too. But by far the worst bit is that some of our neighbour's roof tiles were blown away and landed in the passage beside our house. Not the normal flat tiles but those heavy curved ones that are fitted on the roof angle.

Ridge tiles fucking hell glad no one was under that mate.

Fucking pissed right off!

Coming home along Queens Drive and was going to get home in seriously quick time. I think a lot of people must have been let go early because of the wind. Got to by Liverpool college and there is all sorts of shit of the trees on the road nothing major though. I decide to speed up a bit to see exactly how quick i could get home. Then to my fucking horror there is a tree down over the road aroind Sefton Park by the playground in the vale. Not being detered i used the fact i am on a motorbike to my adavantage and cross the blocked bridge that you cant cross in a car only to be stuck behind every learner driver in the south end learning 3 point turns.

I got home in my normal time.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

We've had some scaffolding go down at one of our sites, someone is definitely getting fired for that.

It always does in the wind mate, I doubt someone will fired for it it's completely uncontrollable you have to lean things up against the scaffold to pass it up and the wind literally just blows it away. Or like today on my site all the boards we put down yesterday all blew up and off the scaffolding, there's nothing you can do because you don't know it's going to happen.

Ridge tiles fucking hell glad no one was under that mate.

By far the funniest thing I've ever seen in work, we was on a new build house, stripping the scaffolding down and my mate hit a ridge tile with a board and it fell down and landed on his head with his hard hat on and knocked him on his arse, it wasn't just a normal ridge tile but one of the ones with a big thing on top of it

• Upvote 1