You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The inconsistency of the justice system fucks me off. Violent offenders can escape prison sentences by being ordered to do community service instead, drunk drivers can cause fatal accidents and be given less time in jail than the bloke in this article. A career criminal with over 50 convictions against him was until recently free to carry out yet more crime. Yet a man with no previous criminal history who has been pushed over the edge by a knife-wielding maniac holding his family hostage has been put away for more than 2 years. No wonder crime is on the rise. Criminals have it easy in this country and there is no effective deterrent left to deal with them. Maybe mob justice/vigilantism is the future for law and order in this country, since the authorities are so fucking useless.

Damn fucking right.

I can honestly say that if the bloke had come into my house and I'd chased him with my cricket bat, he'd have suffered nothing more than a thick edge. And only if he'd been standing outside off, I'm shit off my legs.

Post of the thread.

By some distance.

We need a poll about which of our resident right-wingers is the most likely to combust due to severe righteous indignation.

However, going on the article alone - it only mentions Tokeer Hussain going to prison, yet their seems to be confusion with between him and his brother.

A businessman who fought off knife-wielding thugs threatening to kill his family was jailed for 30 months yesterday.Munir Hussain and his wife and children returned from their local mosque during Ramadan to find three intruders, wearing balaclavas, in their home.

Tokeer Hussain was given a 39-month sentence because Judge John Reddihough decided he had not been subject to as much provocation as his brother.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
A businessman who fought off knife-wielding thugs threatening to kill his family was jailed for 30 months yesterday.

Talk about propaganda!

The sentence for theft isn't to be chased from the scene and have your head caved in by four blokes with a cricket bat. How is that hard to understand?

But the sad thing is, if this bloke had have caught him, dragged him back to his garage and set about cutting small pieces off him over the next few days some people would still say that he was within his rights.

The fact that most people hold an opinion means nothing. Slavery was a majority opinion and racism still is. People are fucking idiots, there's nothing new in that.

I'm just wondering here if all those people who are saying the homeowner went too far here would be saying the same thing if he'd been a white man?

You might as well be saying "An englishman's home is his castle, but them asians can fuck off"

You lot make me sick.

What I can't understand is that he was living in an actual house rather than a cornershop flat? Baffling!

I'm not an idiot Monty.

I wish I was a righteous as you and some others on here but i'm not.

When it comes to crime the punishment should be biblical.

Oh but its society's fault people nick isnt it?!

Slavery was a majority opinion. The majority of people are racist. The majority of people in the US think the earth was created as it is about 10000 years ago.

People are fucking stupid. That doesn't mean you are but it does prove that having the numbers on your side means nothing.

Slavery was a majority opinion. The majority of people are racist. The majority of people in the US think the earth was created as it is about 10000 years ago.

People are fucking stupid. That doesn't mean you are but it does prove that having the numbers on your side means nothing.

I have to agree with you.

I just cant agree in this instance of some scum bag getting a kicking and people fuming about it.

I could go and mess with a kid now or have pictures of someone else doing it, 1st offence and get less than 30 months.

In hindsight i concur the brothers should be punished but a custodial was harsh.

I have to agree with you.

I just cant agree in this instance of some scum bag getting a kicking and people fuming about it.

I could go and mess with a kid now or have pictures of someone else doing it, 1st offence and get less than 30 months.

In hindsight i concur the brothers should be punished but a custodial was harsh.

But it's not really that people are fuming about it is it WR? It's that people are just bored of people leaping on stories like this and then howling from the rooftops that it's all so morally corrupt.

On your point above, some people will be always be cunts, I agree with you. Some people will always try and take something without putting any effort in to obtain it, that's a fact of natural selection. Given that, the responsibility to incentivise, deter or motivate people from doing it falls on society. How you approach that dilemma is debatable. You feel it should be very harsh and brutal, I tend to think that a much better way of sorting it is to reduce poverty, inequality and the incentive to steal. Neither can be proven as correct. They both probably work but they both leave you with very different societies.

And, as always with these threads, I need to point out that harsher sentencing is a financial nonsense. It'd cost a fortune that could be spent on the input end of the system: education.

My view is that a suspended sentence would have been about right. Every week violent thugs are given a second/third/fourth... chance before being sent down but these two got prison for a first offence. Is it really likely that they'd have battered someone else in the future?

People have served less time for manslaughter.

For me the issue here is that they tied up, and threatened to kill, his kids. This isn't some poor misguided hapless burglar who's nicked a few things from someone's house.

If someone did that to mine, they'd be very lucky to get out of it alive. I'd actually be pretty proud of my own restraint if I only brain-damaged them.

I'd probably expect a smack on the botty from the judiciary, and I'd probably complain about it. I'd definitely martyr myself in the tabloids, for a fee, and I'd even write the headlines for them, again for a fee...

Broken Britain, But Who's Going To Fix My BAT?

IT'S JUST NOT CRICKET, BATMAN FOILS ROBIN'.

On your point above, some people will be always be cunts, I agree with you. Some people will always try and take something without putting any effort in to obtain it, that's a fact of natural selection. Given that, the responsibility to incentivise, deter or motivate people from doing it falls on society. How you approach that dilemma is debatable. You feel it should be very harsh and brutal, I tend to think that a much better way of sorting it is to reduce poverty, inequality and the incentive to steal. Neither can be proven as correct. They both probably work but they both leave you with very different societies.

I've never said I dont believe in doing the same Monty, in fact i'm just as passionate about it.

I just feel that even in a eutopia you'd still get people hell bent on committing crime and for those people the punishment should be a harsh one.

As for both brothers, it doesn't state how long Munir Hussain got jailed for in the initial article if he even did get jailed.

Yes it does.

I don't know the ins and outs of the level of sentencing in British Law, but 2.5 years in jail seems way over the top to me.

Chasing the criminal down the street is ok. As is knocking him down. Beating him with a bat while he's lying on the ground is not, and should be punished. But 30 months is far too much imo.

Perfectly within his rights to batter the cunt. And before the criminal sympathiser brigade start winging, if you do something dangerous, and get hurt / killed, tough shit. Same applies to hang gliding, rock climbing etc. Perfectly legal, but you could wind up dead. The message has once again been sent out, the scum are in the right.

If the dickhead judge had let it go with a slap on the wrist, (and it received the same amount of publicity) burglary rates in this country would plummet.

Perfectly within his rights to batter the cunt. And before the criminal sympathiser brigade start winging, if you do something dangerous, and get hurt / killed, tough shit. Same applies to hang gliding, rock climbing etc. Perfectly legal, but you could wind up dead. The message has once again been sent out, the scum are in the right.

If the dickhead judge had let it go with a slap on the wrist, (and it received the same amount of publicity) burglary rates in this country would plummet.

No, it wouldn't have been reported. Just as the many, many times that people getting fitting sentences aren't reported anyway. It doesn't sell papers you see.

Where do you stop? Maybe I should set fire to cars parked on double yellows and stab litterbugs because that's what I feel the sentence should be?

Wrong in so many ways. (@tokyojoe)

There is no such thing as the "criminal sympathiser brigade" to begin with. If there was then we'd all be on the BOTH of their sides, because last time I checked they are BOTH criminals. When you are hang gliding and you die its because you made a mistake or an accident happened, its generally not because someone murdered you. Equating the two is dim.

No such "scum are right" message has been sent out. The message is that vigilante justice is not right and will not be tolerated. I worry in case there comes a day when it is. But, for now, our country doesn't give power over life to the average joe on the streets and how anyone could argue against that is fucking beyond me.

And burglary rates wouldn't plummet if he'd let them away with it. People who burgle aren't just chancers. They aren't cheeky jack-the-lads with a cockney swagger. They are desperate and taking to desperate measures. They know what consequences they face if they are caught. They know they could possibly wind up dead or in prison. But it doesn't stop them now, so why would one case of a man and his bat stop them?

No, it wouldn't have been reported. Just as the many, many times that people getting fitting sentences aren't reported anyway. It doesn't sell papers you see.

Where do you stop? Maybe I should set fire to cars parked on double yellows and stab litterbugs because that's what I feel the sentence should be?

Agree on the first bit, it wouldn't be reported.

I shall ignore the last sentence, silly really.

Wrong in so many ways. (@tokyojoe)

There is no such thing as the "criminal sympathiser brigade" to begin with. If there was then we'd all be on the BOTH of their sides, because last time I checked they are BOTH criminals. When you are hang gliding and you die its because you made a mistake or an accident happened, its generally not because someone murdered you. Equating the two is dim.

No such "scum are right" message has been sent out. The message is that vigilante justice is not right and will not be tolerated. I worry in case there comes a day when it is. But, for now, our country doesn't give power over life to the average joe on the streets and how anyone could argue against that is fucking beyond me.

And burglary rates wouldn't plummet if he'd let them away with it. People who burgle aren't just chancers. They aren't cheeky jack-the-lads with a cockney swagger. They are desperate and taking to desperate measures. They know what consequences they face if they are caught. They know they could possibly wind up dead or in prison. But it doesn't stop them now, so why would one case of a man and his bat stop them?

Maybe I worded it wrong, but homeowners have very little right to self defence, and the scum know it. If the balance were to swing, watch the rate drop.

And don't give me the 'They are desperate and taking to desperate measures' bit. My heart bleeds.

The justice system does take the piss at times, you'll get no argument from me, and I think we need harsher punishments for prolific offenders (the same old dickheads, known to the police, who probably account for for 70-80% of all recorded crime, there was a lad around ours who pulled off 40 burglaries and thefts, and even stole a car on the way back from court, he got three years and will be out in 18 months, yet his record suggests he is incorrigible and should be jailed indefinately, IMO)

But I still don't see how giving someone brain damage jives with the idea of harsher punishments. Even the Tony Martin issue doesn't compare to this, because he was an old man in the house on his own confronted by multiple burglars in a remote house, in this case, you're talking about what is essentially a two-man mob chasing someone and twatting them half to death.

Besides which he only got 30 months, I could do that standing on my head. (I couldn't, but you catch my drift)

Maybe I worded it wrong, but homeowners have very little right to self defence, and the scum know it. If the balance were to swing, watch the rate drop.

And don't give me the 'They are desperate and taking to desperate measures' bit. My heart bleeds.

Your heart ain't meant to bleed. Mine doesn't either. The lads that broke in were cunts. But trying to say that burglary rates would plummet if they'd gotten away with the attack was rubbish and just not true. Most burglars don't do it as a sport.

And the "self defence" bit? It was established a page or two ago that chasing someone down the street with 3 mates (or was it 1?) and a cricket bat before stoving their head in is not self defence. Its vigilante justice. And that is illegal.

Homeowners have every right to self-defence. You just don't hear about the much more numerous examples of people beating up intruders and being given the full protection of the law (or, dare I suggest it, the turning a blind eye from the police) because it's very unsexy and uncontroversial news.