You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Mathewbet1

• 4 weeks later...

Getting pissed off with both Black Ops and MW2 now.

I know I'm not particularly good at the game but there are times the only reason I can explain something going on are that people are cheating.

Been playing MW2 this afternoon and had one game with someone getting 36 kills and 0 deaths, all of them with a rocket launcher or grenades seemingly aimed at random (I can't quite explain it but they way they where getting kills just isn't do able) I ended up hiding in the corner of the map and was still getting shot by others on their team but couldn't see anyone at any point I got shot.

Then had a couple of games with people seemingly able to walk through walls, I cleared a room on Favella planted a claymore at the doorway then as I was backing into the corner someone got behind me with a pistol in a way that just wasn't possible in the room I was in.

It's getting to the point I can't be bothered with either of them. As I say, I'm well aware I'm shit at the game but I'm convinced this isn't TK levels of being mint at the game and these people are cheating.

No matter how much you play there will always be someone who owns your ass.

In pretty much every game of MW2 or Black Ops I play someone does. The ones I was on about earlier are definitely cheating though.

Just had the same person with the grenades come on again this afternoon but was on the same side as me, when I was waiting to respawn I was viewing them, they where floating above Afghan with seemingly unlimited grenade for noob tube and could shoot them round corners into the buildings. On some occasions you could actually see them bringing a menu up on screen (not sure exactly what they picked from it but at one point it killed everyone on the opposition side without even firing a weapon).

Eventually I couldn't actually move in the game and my weapons changed automatically. Then the game closed while trying to migrate and the lobby screen became this:

mw2.jpg

The scroll message across the bottom changed from Welcome to Modern Warfare 2 to "You got fucking owned!!!!"

Edit: It's also changed my clan tag to CUNT. I'm assuming it must be someone who knows me then.

• 2 weeks later...
Just been back in.

All challenges on my save have been reset, kills and deaths are all back to zero and my perks are all back to standard instead of pro.

Happened me last night, the previous day I had just finished getting all my perks to pro!! Fucking cunts. I'll never buy another CoD. €30 for map packs, then they bring a new (shit) game out and let the previous one get ruined by hackers and do nothing about it. Ridiculous.

Three things that piss me off.

1......The cheating gits who think they are great because they can cheat.

2.......Free For All...You have a couple of mates allowing one to kill him to get all the perks.

3.......You go on for a quiet game, then get some gobby shits trying to be big and clever all the time

Happened me last night, the previous day I had just finished getting all my perks to pro!! Fucking cunts. I'll never buy another CoD. €30 for map packs, then they bring a new (shit) game out and let the previous one get ruined by hackers and do nothing about it. Ridiculous.

Why have they reset your stats? Surely they would only do that if you were boosting?

Why have they reset your stats? Surely they would only do that if you were boosting?

The hackers done it. I was getting loads of silly messages from them flashing up, like you are now corrupted, if you keep dying. Then I'd respawn and get blown up. Happened 3 times in a row. I quit and started another TDM and realised all my perks etc were reset. Have you seen these hackers at work? I spectated one of them, they have loads of menus to control all the players in the game, change your weapons, the lot.

Popper Byrnie has had the same as me by the look of it. Reset by the hacker.

It's pissed me off big time as I prefer MW2 over Black Ops but MW2 is pretty much unplayable with the hackers now.

I reported the one who was doing it in the games I had to Sony, but Sony don't seem to actually reply to these messages. To be honest between Sony and Activision at the moment I'm pretty fucked off with the PS3, although I do very much like the Berlin Wall map on Black Ops.

Byrine, I cant see how that is any fun at all for them. Playing a game where they win everytime, must be boring. There is a patch coming out soon. chevettehs, I am the same as you, I liked the game but dont want to play it until the probs are sorted. I might actually jump on later.

It may be too little too late, but Inifinty Ward have announced that a patch will be released on the PS3 on the 8th of March to try and rectify the hacking problem that has swept the title of late.

IW MW2 Patch

The latest patch for Modern Warfare 2 has finished. This new title update will address security issues that have affected online play.

We plan to release this update for all platforms (Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and PC).

Release Date for Playstation 3 (worldwide): March 8th

Release Date for Xbox 360: TBD

Release Date for PC: TBD

In addition to the security updates, this patch will also address a small geo exploit on the map Fuel, which players exploited in order to get inside a rock on the outskirts of the map.

Status updates also on Twitter @InfinityWard - @Fourzerotwo and Facebook.com/InfinityWardStudio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I hope it's true but:-

• seems underpriced;
  • April?  A COD game in April?

Surely fake news.  I think that Amazone Prime seller was trying to drum up some business.  

Like most things, I suspect Brexit is to blame.

Perhaps Activision are seeing an opportunity to release remastered versions of old CoD titles at the mid-point of the newest iteration? The standalone version of MWR was released in June last year, and with Black Ops 4 due for an October release, then perhaps the end of April/start of May isn't really that early...?

Not content with raking in money hand over fist when they versions launch, they could quite rightly, from a business perspective, be looking at the older versions and thinking that there is an opportunity to rinse the younger generation who are yet to play these older titles, or don't/didn't have the old generation of console(s).

I believe that MW2 has not yet gone backwards compatible on Xbox One, despite mass callings for it to do so. This makes me think that there may very well be an elament of truth to this leak.

I'd be all over it if it were to turn out true. I'd even dip my hand in my pocket and buy all the DLC again...

Perhaps Activision are seeing an opportunity to release remastered versions of old CoD titles at the mid-point of the newest iteration? The standalone version of MWR was released in June last year, and with Black Ops 4 due for an October release, then perhaps the end of April/start of May isn't really that early...?

Not content with raking in money hand over fist when they versions launch, they could quite rightly, from a business perspective, be looking at the older versions and thinking that there is an opportunity to rinse the younger generation who are yet to play these older titles, or don't/didn't have the old generation of console(s).

I believe that MW2 has not yet gone backwards compatible on Xbox One, despite mass callings for it to do so. This makes me think that there may very well be an elament of truth to this leak.

I'd be all over it if it were to turn out true. I'd even dip my hand in my pocket and buy all the DLC again...

Yeah I hope it's true, too.  I'd just like to think that more than one Amazon seller would know about it with the release date supposedly six weeks away.  

The other problem Activision would have is that there would probably be more interest in this game than Black Ops 4.