You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAN DER VAART - THE 13M ANSWER FOR REDS?

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maddock in the Mirror:

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is spending the international break considering his options for reinforcements in the January transfer window.

And while it is unlikely he will have funds available to make a permanent signing, the Anfield boss will look for a loan striker to act as cover.

The Spanish coach has sounded out advisors for Spurs forward Roman Pavlyuchenko, who indicated yesterday that he will press to leave the London club in January after failing to gain a regular first team place.

Benitez sees him as the ideal stand in for Torres, and given his international pedigree he could do a job for Liverpool to put him into the spotlight before the World Cup gets underway next summer.

The Liverpool manager will also think about approaching his former club Real Madrid to talk about taking Dutch forward Rafael van der Vaart who has confirmed he will be leaving the Bernabeu in the January transfer window.

Benitez will hope to get either player on loan, with the idea of a permanent deal in the summer when he will have more transfer funds.

He will look to finance the wages of any loan signing by offloading Italian defender Andrea Dossena, who is close to concluding a deal with Napoli to take him back home when the window opens.

Pavlyuchenko has admitted he is desperate to leave Tottenham because six months on the bench has cost him his place in the Russian team.

Asked if he was planning to leave in January, the striker said: "Yes, because it's impossible for me to stay in the present situation.

"I've been sitting on the bench for half a year now and because of that I've lost my place on the national team."

Maddock in the Mirror:

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is spending the international break considering his options for reinforcements in the January transfer window.

And while it is unlikely he will have funds available to make a permanent signing, the Anfield boss will look for a loan striker to act as cover.

The Spanish coach has sounded out advisors for Spurs forward Roman Pavlyuchenko, who indicated yesterday that he will press to leave the London club in January after failing to gain a regular first team place.

Benitez sees him as the ideal stand in for Torres, and given his international pedigree he could do a job for Liverpool to put him into the spotlight before the World Cup gets underway next summer.

The Liverpool manager will also think about approaching his former club Real Madrid to talk about taking Dutch forward Rafael van der Vaart who has confirmed he will be leaving the Bernabeu in the January transfer window.

Benitez will hope to get either player on loan, with the idea of a permanent deal in the summer when he will have more transfer funds.

He will look to finance the wages of any loan signing by offloading Italian defender Andrea Dossena, who is close to concluding a deal with Napoli to take him back home when the window opens.

Pavlyuchenko has admitted he is desperate to leave Tottenham because six months on the bench has cost him his place in the Russian team.

Asked if he was planning to leave in January, the striker said: "Yes, because it's impossible for me to stay in the present situation.

"I've been sitting on the bench for half a year now and because of that I've lost my place on the national team."

If he pushes it hard.......who knows??

Pavlyuchenko should not be the type of player Liverpool are looking for.

Having said that, he's one thousand times better than Voronin, so I'd snap Spurs' hands off. Kinda says a lot about our current state of affairs that after 5 years of the so-called "Rafalution" we don't even have a decent back-up striker.