You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, biglad said:

10 years ago next week:IMG_0309.JPG

The best mate I've ever had.

They’re fucking great aren’t they? I had food poisoning a few weeks ago, so was in the spare room for a few days in case it was the covid as had similar symptoms, and our little mutt lay next to me the whole time - during the day and throughout the night. Didn’t leave my side apart from to go the toilet, eat and go for a walk with my mrs and the baby. No agenda, no calculated thinking, just pure concern and loyalty. They’re amazing. Absolutely piss on humans. Can’t understand people who don’t like dogs. He’s 4 now and if I think about him not being here anymore I’ve got something in my eye and a golf ball in my throat. As you say, best mate a man can have.

• Upvote 9

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Our new beagle puppy Mabel and her actual auntie Betty.  She looks cute here, less so when she’s pissing on the kitchen floor. 

90CDEEF6-A218-4D9B-96DD-061834BFE4A7.jpeg

We have a Beagle/Spaniel Cross. Cute bleeders but mad as hatters and more energy than a dozen Duracell bunnies. 

35 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Mrs Kurtz is talking of a 3rd next year. I’m vetoing that. 

I’m still doing 12 hour shifts so won’t  get a dog yet. 

The boys desperately want one, the missus hates the idea and I’ve wanted a Weimaraner since I was 13. 

I really need my boss to fuck off so I can have her job, buy a much bigger place and work from home. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Yeah he’s a cutie but think how much dog food you will have to buy (then clean up the subsequent shit) to turn him into this big scary fucker. It will bankrupt you. 

AC6487E2-80AC-455D-81B4-42E72B964C9F.jpeg

Think of the fun walking on your own, podcacast on and looking at the sea. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Filey or Formby. Not sure which beach the photo was taken, we’ve been to both recently & they were both equally as nice. 

The benefits of living where we do if you think positively about it. Left or right, makes no difference. Similar journey times.

Downside obviously is the distance to the coast in the first place but we’ve often checked the weather and gone to the side that will have the best of it. Not all can easily do that. 

6 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Downside obviously is the distance to the coast in the first place but we’ve often checked the weather and gone to the side that will have the best of it. Not all can easily do that. 

East coast gets all the visitors from here but West coast is significantly easier to get to as it’s mostly motorway.

That roundabout past York, where the motorway merges into an A round, is always, always shit.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

We've had some excellent longer walks recently, as we start to venture out more. His loose lead walking is still a work in progress, which is frustrating after months of training! Still, he's a glorious excuse to get out and about, we went to Fraisthorpe beach and then Scarborough front this week, he loves the water:

IMG-20200819-WA0021.jpg

20200819_160520.jpg

• Upvote 5

On 21/06/2020 at 23:51, Special K said:

Colin and Bisley don't like the stairs and insist upon being carried. I can never say no to them, despite my other mini, Daisy, happily legging it up and down them

104825496_10158929986779274_7336761913881091081_o.jpg

Have you named your dogs after Spaced characters? Fucking hell, you have haven’t you? 

• Upvote 2