You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I love the Arctics, riffs are good, lyrics are superb, new album is very good.

But....

The fucks going on with the new voice Alex? He's talking with a plum in his mouth these days, not good.

Ha ha- I've thought the same thing! I think he's been hanging round Miles Kane too much on that front because a shit faux accent must be contagious.

Probably because he sings more, rather than just belt out lyrics as he used to do.

Tell you what, Matt Helders is fucking brilliant drummer.

No, I don't mean singing- I mean actually speaking. His singing voice has improved a hell of a lot over the years and the difference between the vocals on the debut and Humbug is staggering.

When he's speaking now though, he sounds like he's putting certain bits on. I'm sure some of Kane's appalling Heswall twang has inflitrated Turner's psyche.

Agree on Helders. He's a fantastic drummer.

Probably because he sings more, rather than just belt out lyrics as he used to do.

Tell you what, Matt Helders is fucking brilliant drummer.

Yeah he is, I've been playing along to 'Pretty Visitors' since last week and I can tell you those drum fills are a joy to play. Cracking drumming on all three albums now. A great talent considering he's only early 20's and playing for around five years.

I like the album, there are some good tracks on there. Played it to death last week but can see myself going back to it after a while. Nice to see a bit of good progression in style.

Mrs jnp likes it (and she's always fucking hated them in the past) which to me is more of a sign that it's worked out well.

I love the Arctics, riffs are good, lyrics are superb, new album is very good.

But....

The fucks going on with the new voice Alex? He's talking with a plum in his mouth these days, not good.

Hes turned into a massive cunt thats whats going on... fucking nobheads the lot of them are nowadays.

Hes turned into a massive cunt thats whats going on... fucking nobheads the lot of them are nowadays.

Why do you say that mate?

They all come accross as top lads whenever I read or see interviews with them. Helders in particular seems like a funny fella.

Why do you say that mate?

They all come accross as top lads whenever I read or see interviews with them. Helders in particular seems like a funny fella.

I watched the Zane Lowe interview on MTV 2 the other day and thought Turner was a right cock, his accents changed overnight and his overall attitude seems like he thinks hes the dogs bollocks when hes not, since hes linked up with Miles Kane hes changed dramatically, everything about him is different... The only one I like really out of the band anymore is Matt Helders, hes sound so I retract what I said about them ALL being nobheads..

Crying Lightening is a tune though, not too keen on the new album but I think it will become a grower...

I also cant believe they have killed off Mardy Bum and Teddy Picker in future gigs, both class songs and Fake Tales Of San Francisco is quality

I watched the Zane Lowe interview on MTV 2 the other day and thought Turner was a right cock' date=' his accents changed overnight and his overall attitude seems like he thinks hes the dogs bollocks when hes not, since hes linked up with Miles Kane hes changed dramatically, everything about him is different... The only one I like really out of the band anymore is Matt Helders, hes sound so I retract what I said about them ALL being nobheads..

Crying Lightening is a tune though, not too keen on the new album but I think it will become a grower...

I also cant believe they have killed off Mardy Bum and Teddy Picker in future gigs, both class songs and Fake Tales Of San Francisco is quality[/quote']

Yeah I saw the MTV interview which is where I got onto his 'new voice', I'm a massive Arctics fan and I don't know if he thinks he's the dogs bollocks, they've always seemed just a bit shy and embarrased by their success, at least thats what I'm hoping anyway.

The new album is definately a grower and its growing on me.

Secret Door is a tune.

I watched the Zane Lowe interview on MTV 2 the other day and thought Turner was a right cock' date=' his accents changed overnight and his overall attitude seems like he thinks hes the dogs bollocks when hes not, since hes linked up with Miles Kane hes changed dramatically, everything about him is different..[/quote']

Hasn't he moved to NY with his the former T4 presenter? It'll now be tales of sushi bars and the woes of celebrity.

New album's ok, a bit unfocused and probably the point I wave them goodbye.

Too many new songs???? They've got a new album out. What were you expecting them to do? It's not a greatest hits tour.

They were headlining a major festival but played 7 of 10 songs from an album that was released only a few days prior and virtually no one in the crowd knew. The place was buzzing after The Prodigy but the atmosphere died on its arse as the Arctic's set progressed, at least where I was standing.

On a similar note, I'm a bit gutted looking at Radiohead's Reading setlist which, unlike the one I saw at Leeds, included the likes of Creep, Street Spirit and Karma Police. I like Radiohead and enjoyed their set (far more so than the Arctic Monkeys) but the omission of songs like the 3 above, as well as No Surprises, High and Dry, Fake Plastic Trees etc tainted it somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...
Echo standing lads, lets hope for a better setlist

They'll be promoting the new album mate, so I would imagine it will be pretty much the same. Maybe only one or two changes, but the bulk of it will be the new material.

I'm skint so couldn't get any, guess I'll have to hope I can find a few spares nearer to the time.

Got four for the MEN, seated though which is a fucker. I was on the website at nine o'clock this morning and you couldn't get any standing tickets (for manc or the echo) even though they were advertised.

Will have to try and throw a tout a few quid to swop them for some standing ones I think. Can't be arsed with that siting lark.

Even though they've just produced what many consider to be the finest album of their career so far?!

Why Mick?

I just think they've gone so far up there own arses its untrue.

Fair play for moving on musically and what not but dont act like you are better than the people who put you there.

The whole thing was just a pile of wank for me, wearing his shades, a Nick Cave tune 2nd in the setlist, mumbling to himself on stage. Its contrived and it stinks.

You are playing a festival, play what the people want or just dont agree to do it in the 1st place.