You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xabi Alonso-The Liverpool Maestro

SCOUSE TAPAS

Hard to believe Rafa was seemingly intent on offloading him during the summer. Glad he stayed, he's pure class.

Im sure that was a bit of genius from Rafa there i dont think he would of sold him if it came down to it he might be stubborn but he isn't stupid.

Of course he's a beautiful player, but I just wish he didn't wear an electronic tag that brings him to a halt 10 yards outside the opposition box. Not once did he make a run to get in or even near to the box today - if you play 2 central midfielders, one of them HAS to do that, especially when chasing the game.

I know Barry isn't as easy on the eye, but I can see why Rafa wanted to bring him in to get a bit of directness to our play.

I know this is heresy on here, but Xabi has got a major weakness to his game, namely the failure to get into the final third of the pitch.

Of course he's a beautiful player, but I just wish he didn't wear an electronic tag that brings him to a halt 10 yards outside the opposition box. Not once did he make a run to get in or even near to the box today - if you play 2 central midfielders, one of them HAS to do that, especially when chasing the game.

I know Barry isn't as easy on the eye, but I can see why Rafa wanted to bring him in to get a bit of directness to our play.

I know this is heresy on here, but Xabi has got a major weakness to his game, namely the failure to get into the final third of the pitch.

This would be good for next season.

_________ Reina

Arbeloa Carra____Skrtel_Insua

______Alonso___Masch

Gerrard____Barry_______Riera

__________Torres

Xabi's been a little poor since his injury but hopefully he'll be firing on all cylinders soon. Someone mentioned Gerrard as PFA Player of the year for this season but seriously, if there's any common sense in this league Xabi will take the award because he's been fucking outstanding. He isn't perfect and he can improve but he's been fucking brilliant this season and any suggestion that this was a ploy by Rafa is utter shite.

Xabi's form has been a massive hkkkktwwwrp in the eye to the gaffer.

Xabi's been a little poor since his injury but hopefully he'll be firing on all cylinders soon. Someone mentioned Gerrard as PFA Player of the year for this season but seriously, if there's any common sense in this league Xabi will take the award because he's been fucking outstanding. He isn't perfect and he can improve but he's been fucking brilliant this season and any suggestion that this was a ploy by Rafa is utter shite.

Xabi's form has been a massive hkkkktwwwrp in the eye to the gaffer.

Oh fuck off will you, I'm sick of the Xabi wankfest on here, theres no way he's anywhere near Gerrard for player of the year.

Him and Gerrard for me this season both been class. Every one saw how he was missed when he didn't play. We coped without Torres and Gerrard did we when we lost Xabi? I rest my case. Xabi is by far one of the best this season if not the best.

You can't judge a player like Xabi purely on assists, he is the metronome of the team and his job is to keep the ball moving and shape the attacks from deep on the pitch. He's never had enough pace to be a box to box midfielder and it's the job of other players in the team to make space for him to run the game and to make the movements ahead of him to give him attacking options. He shouldn't be about finding the final ball, he should be the general who shapes our attacking patterns. I think he has excelled at this job this season even though Mascherano has been off the pace and the attacking movement ahead of him is no better than last season.