You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Ha. How old are you? Always had you pegged around late 30's/early 40's.

I wish mate.   Too many fucking birthdays that's for sure.  Might even be giving Stringy a run for his money but I'm saying nothing .   

I loved my 20's & 30's. 40's have been ok (barring the last year and a bit for obvious reasons).  50 is 2.5 years away...wonder what they'll bring? Probably more back aches and no longer being able to act half my age! 

34 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

My 20’s were mostly dreadful. My 30’s were much better, despite my efforts to fuck them up at every turn. My 40’s have been mixed. I expect it’ll all go to shit from here until I eventually die alone, probably in a bin. 

I'm not sure the new job writing for Moonpig.com is working out for you , YR

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

My 20’s were mostly dreadful. My 30’s were much better, despite my efforts to fuck them up at every turn. My 40’s have been mixed. I expect it’ll all go to shit from here until I eventually die alone, probably in a bin. 

Yep it pretty much goes to shit in your 50s. Any bad habits you've brought from your previous decades usually catch up with you health wise. I've lost a few really good friends and family far too young in their 50s. 

There's a point when a visit to the doctors turns from 'take this and it will get better' to 'yeah that's just age' and 'take this tablet for the rest of your life' 

If you're not already a slave to the opticians then during this decade you probably will be.

The slightest exertion can cause some pain the next day, which can sometimes become 30 to 300 days. 

On the websites where you have to put your age, the scrolling takes a little longer. Plus you suddenly jump a category when selecting your age range on some questionnaires. Companies care much less about what you think. 

The over 50s plan starts to seem a lot more attractive, who doesn't want a free pen?

Grandkids are one plus although I took my granddaughter to the new museum in Liverpool and saw all of my uniform and weapons now in there, that made me feel old. 

The only good thing is that it's probably much better than your 60s.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

You'd better make sure the lid is on securely when you stand on it trying to pipe the two lesbians next door.

• Upvote 1