You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

There's no way the twin towers was an inside job. Demolition experts from all over the world have repeatedly concurred that the way the towers collapsed was the way they were designed to should they ever collapse. They were designed specifically so they went down as opposed to outwards. This was to minimise any potential damage to the surrounding areas. The towers collapsed so quickly because the jet fuel caught fire and went directly to the main support girders, which were made of metal. I can't remember how hot the fuel got but I do know it was well in excess of the temperature steel can cope with. Once the steel went the floor collapses, which in turn went onto the floor below and the whole building collapses like a concertina.

As for the Pentagon, I think there is SOME doubt but not that much. The CCTV footage that was recorded gives nothing away because it is just blurred. I consider myself a bit of an expert on aviation disasters and I can't give a definitive answer as to whether or not it was a Boeing that hit the building. There's a total lack of debris but then again, the plane was reportedly travelling at about 700mph when it crashed into the Pentagon so I would expect there to be not much debris. What makes me suspicious is the tail fin. Where is it? It almost always survives.

As for United 93, it was a shootdown. No question in my eyes.

I have been thinking about that, and if the top is really heavy, as JohnnyH pointed out, I would think that a hell of a lot of air was pushed downwards through the building during the collapse and would have caused stuff to blow out of the windows. But I still find it odd that a plane can cause enough impact to bring down the roof so quickly. The plane impact is the only thing that separates it from other skyscraper fires where the roof hasn't collapsed.

I still think it is odd.

The official report said that tower 7 (the small one no one really knows about) came down due to the immense heat created by the jet fuel burning, which apparently isnt anywhere near hot enough to melt steel. The video I saw about 9/11 said that this is only the third time in history that burning jet fuel has taken down a building, and the other two times before it were the twin towers...

Im really skeptical about 9/11, and although I think it would be a massive help to see an actual piece of footage of a plane going into the pentagon, that still would only prove that a plane went into the pentagon.

Check this out anyone with doubts Zeitgeist - Part 2: The Orchestration of The Never Ending War On Terror

Because there is a plane in it.

As for the Pentagon, this video is quite convincing:

The current government in the US is just not clever enough to have orchestrated 911.

Why not release the numerous videos they have of the pentagon that morning? One shitty grainy 2 second video that doesn't even show a third of the plane has been released. Why?

Why was there debris miles away from the flight that went straight down into the ground and just disintegrated?

How the fuck did they find drivers liscences, passports and shit of the hijackers at WTC? That's riciulous, paper survives that explosion?

Too many coincidences and unanswered questions for me. The official 9/11 report has been ridiculed and no independent investigation has been allowed to take place.

It's just all very very strange.

How can the very same group of people get part one of a masterplan so perfectly right and then get part two so utterly wrong less than two years later?

I asked this question a while ago and nobody gave me a satisfactory answer.

That's an easy one to field mate. It's because despite having the best equipment on the planet the Yanks are truly shite at fighting wars. They have in inbuilt 'Gung Ho' mentality and they keep displaying it with every war they fight and keep forgetting to learn from their mistakes.

If it was a level playing field with equipment they'd lose. Every time.

As regards 9/11, I am willing to believe that there is a possibility the CIA knew an attack on the US mainland was likely and deliberately did not tell the FBI particularly as there is evidence of that. However there is no clear evidence of why they did not tell the FBI. Were they really that useless or was there another motive ?

I'm not willing to believe though that the CIA directly contributed to the events that day or planned them. Not yet anyway.

There's no way the twin towers was an inside job. Demolition experts from all over the world have repeatedly concurred that the way the towers collapsed was the way they were designed to should they ever collapse. They were designed specifically so they went down as opposed to outwards. This was to minimise any potential damage to the surrounding areas. The towers collapsed so quickly because the jet fuel caught fire and went directly to the main support girders, which were made of metal. I can't remember how hot the fuel got but I do know it was well in excess of the temperature steel can cope with. Once the steel went the floor collapses, which in turn went onto the floor below and the whole building collapses like a concertina.

Couldn't they design it to stay the fuck up instead? Was there really enough fuel in both planes to create the heat? I don't know the details of where they were flying from and everything, had they just taken off?

the passports thing is daft. the fires melt steel but a passport survives. They should have wrapped the supporting structure in passport material.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't they design it to stay the fuck up instead? Was there really enough fuel in both planes to create the heat? I don't know the details of where they were flying from and everything, had they just taken off?

the passports thing is daft. the fires melt steel but a passport survives. They should have wrapped the supporting structure in passport material.

All the flights had taken off from north america, I think from places like boston, nyc, philadelphia, so all reasonably near to the targets... check the video I posted RiS

Where's this poll from? Some of those numbers are extraordinary and for me a bit suspect. I'd like to know what sample of people they used.

For those who believe that 9/11 was carried out by the US government / oil companies / military-industrial complex - presumably to create a pretext for invading Iraq - answer me this. If they were capable of orchestrating something on that scale and keeping it secret for so long, how come they've managed to make such an almighty fuck-up of Iraq? How can the very same group of people get part one of a masterplan so perfectly right and then get part two so utterly wrong less than two years later?

I asked this question a while ago and nobody gave me a satisfactory answer. And if anyone wants to point out how well some US corporations have done out of Iraq, remember that the original plan after 9/11 was for America to take over not just Iraq but the whole of the Middle East, which is patently not going to happen now.

At no point was it said that America was taking over the whole of the middle east.Why did the top demolition expert in the world say that without doubt the twin towers was took down by a controlled explosion.

Why was all the steel from the buildings shipped out in 3 days without experts being allowed to examine it.

Why have every top airforce pilot say it was impossible to fly a plane in to the pentagon at the angle it came into it at.

Why was there no evidence of a plane wreck found at the pentagon.

Why was building 7 or 5 not sure which reported as collapsing at 5pm on tv when it was still standing.How did it collapse when it wasnt hit or any debris hit it at all.

Why did Bush report that he first heard of the the first plane hitting the 1st tower as he left his hotel,when it was hours later that the first tower was hit.

Why the day after the event when all planes were still not allowed airspace was Bin Ladens family flown out of the states.

Why did the government say they never thought a attack would ever happen on the twin towers when infact there had already been a practised scernario on such a event happening.

Why were over half of the so called terrorists named as either flying the planes or involved in the terrorist act,had either died years before or found to be living still in countrys outside the states.

Why did top airforce pilots say that the turning manouvere of the plane over Washington which eventually hit the pentagon,was a practically impossible manouvere for a pilot to do.They meant as in only a handful of pilots could of done this,and someone who only had a couple of hours training like the so called pilots of the hijacked planes had,would never of been able to do it.Infact they claim that only a unmanned plane would be cappable of doing such a turn.

Why if this was a terrorist act on this scale been done,has no other terroist act even on a quarter of this scale been done since.

Why was the homelands patriot act which was wrote I think in 89 and kicked out on the basis of taking peoples civil libertys away by the vast majority of congrese suddenly without warning installed overnight without a vote.Remember they had tried on other occasions to get this act through,but they brought it in straight away after the twin towers.

Why when the taliban leaders said 2 days after the event that they would hand Bin Laden over to the USA ,if the USA gave them proof that Bin Laden was involved in the terrorist act,never ever gave them this evidence.

Why in the offical FBI and CIA reports of the terrorist act is Bin Ladens name not mentioned as the brains behind it.Infact they name no one as they dont have evidence of who done it.Or to put it another way they no who done it but wont reveal to the public.

Why when the officail inquirey started on it,and the president and vice president were interviewed to give there version of events,not interviewed seperatly in which they are supposed to be by law,went into the hearing together and no version of there answers given to the public.There reply to the question as to why they entered the questioning together,was it was easier to answer the questions together.To put another way they mean so there stories would be the same,and any hard questions put to them could be answered the same and therefore them not giving diffrent answers to the questions.

Why in this day and age of vast electronic survailance equipment has Bin Laden not been found.When it is known that they could track his position in hours.

Why has no security film of the plane hitting the pentagon ever been shown.This is one of the most highly security complexs in the world.Yet they claim that no camera filmed the plane entering the airspace or hitting the building.So why was that part and only that part of the pentagon evacuated,but not into the underground bunker but to other parts of the pentagon.Why did they do this when they had no idea the pentagon would be hit,and why only that part of the pentagon and not the whole pentagon moved.

Why was the white house the power of government in the USA not evacuated when the third plane was heading straight at it and actually entered Washington airspace before pulling off the practically impossible turning manouvere.Remember that the plane was only 10 mins away from the whitehouse when it turned away.

To say the American government had nothing at all to do with the terrorist act of the twin towers is naievety of the highest level.

I am not saying that it ha d nothing to do with middle east terrorists as it probably did,remember the bomb going off at the towers I think it was 93 and the blame was put on middle east terrorists which was true.The thing was them terrorists were paid by the FBI to put the bomb there and the leader of the terrorists was on the FBI or CIA payroll at the time.You can check the facts of this out as it is in the public domain sector.

The plane in 63 over the bay of pigs was another American plot to blow up a plane over Cuba so they could invade it.Another was the USA warship they was destroyed in the fifties in Israli waters was done with the American government backing.

They have a history of pulling these kind of inncidents off to get what they want.Innocent peoples lives mean jackshit to the people in power and they never have and never will.

The sooner people take there rose tinted glasses off to what actually goe's on in the corridoors of power,then the quicker we might be able to make a difference in how the world is run.

The sad thing is to many people believe in what they are told or read for this to happen.Or in alot of cases they refuse to believe that a government could ever be behind something that involved the killing of innocent people.

If a big fuck off plane loaded with fuel smashes into a very tall tower at 400 mph or whatever it was then the tower is going to collapse. Is that not pretty obvious?

You'd think so, wouldn't you? 9/11 conspiracy theories make me die a little inside. Of all the fuckwitted crackpot ideas on the planet, this is really the crowning turd on the pile.

Conspiracy theories make me laugh. I mean, how bored with your life must you be to try and prove the unprovable? Let's face it, the whole 9/11 thing came about due to the ineptitude of the Government in the face of a major terrorist attack, not because they wanted it to happen or because it was paid for by them or anything. They fucked up, plain and simple.

Then after the fuck up they span it to make it look a bit better (like any politicians would) because if the public knew Bush's administration royally and completely fucked up then they would have called for his head and he would never have won a 2nd term.

This is called damage limitation.

That's an easy one to field mate. It's because despite having the best equipment on the planet the Yanks are truly shite at fighting wars. They have in inbuilt 'Gung Ho' mentality and they keep displaying it with every war they fight and keep forgetting to learn from their mistakes.

If it was a level playing field with equipment they'd lose. Every time.

Wrong. The mess in Iraq is down to far, far more than the American military's tactics and mentality. The biggest culprits are America's civilian leaders, both in the US (Rumsfeld and Cheney completely ignored the military's advice that they'd need far more troops to secure Iraq after Saddam was removed) and in Iraq (Paul Bremer's decisions to disband the Iraqi army and remove all members of the Baath Party from government posts).

If 9/11 was an inside job, then it was far and away the most impressive con trick ever pulled on the human race. If the people who pulled it off were so clever, thorough and forward-thinking, they would never have made those mistakes in Iraq. The US military top brass would have to have been thoroughly involved in 9/11 for it to come off, so they'd want a seriously good pay-off from it. Fighting a war that didn't benefit them, being ignored by the government over how to fight it, and seeing the US military stretched to breaking point doesn't look like a worthwhile pay-off to me.

At no point was it said that America was taking over the whole of the middle east.

It was said, repeatedly and explicitly. Cast your mind back to early 2002, once the US had got Afghanistan out of the way and Bush had delivered his axis of evil speech. People with close links to the Bush administration (Richard Perle, David Frum, the Project for the New American Century, the American Enterprise Institute etc) were talking openly about America imposing democracy by force on any Middle Eastern country that threatened America's interests. It wasn't just about Iraq, it was about who would come next after Iraq. Iran, Syria, Libya and even Saudi Arabia were regularly mentioned. If 9/11 was an inside job it's pretty safe to say that at least some of these people would have been in on it, so it follows that the object of the conspiracy would have been to get as much of the Middle East as possible under US control.

Why did the top demolition expert in the world say that without doubt the twin towers was took down by a controlled explosion.

I admit there are lots of unanswered questions about 9/11, but that doesn't mean the government were behind it. A lot of the anomalies are explained by sheer incompetence, and by government agencies trying to cover up their incompetence and/or illegal activities.

If you can give me a convincing answer to my question - how did this all-powerful, all-knowing, all-seeing cabal managed to make as bad a job of their Middle East plan as they did a flawless job of 9/11 - then I'll look more closely into some of yours.

To say the American government had nothing at all to do with the terrorist act of the twin towers is naievety of the highest level.

I am not saying that it ha d nothing to do with middle east terrorists as it probably did,remember the bomb going off at the towers I think it was 93 and the blame was put on middle east terrorists which was true.The thing was them terrorists were paid by the FBI to put the bomb there and the leader of the terrorists was on the FBI or CIA payroll at the time.You can check the facts of this out as it is in the public domain sector.

The plane in 63 over the bay of pigs was another American plot to blow up a plane over Cuba so they could invade it.Another was the USA warship they was destroyed in the fifties in Israli waters was done with the American government backing.

They have a history of pulling these kind of inncidents off to get what they want.Innocent peoples lives mean jackshit to the people in power and they never have and never will.

The sooner people take there rose tinted glasses off to what actually goe's on in the corridoors of power,then the quicker we might be able to make a difference in how the world is run.

The sad thing is to many people believe in what they are told or read for this to happen.Or in alot of cases they refuse to believe that a government could ever be behind something that involved the killing of innocent people.

I don't doubt for a second that elements within the US government and the corporations that support it would be prepared to kill thousands of innocent people, even their own countrymen, if it would benefit them. I just don't believe they did it on this occasion, because they've totally fucked up the thing that would have been the whole reason for carrying out 9/11, and they would never have done that if they were clever enough to pull off 9/11 in the first place. I'm prepared to believe that there were some powerful people who knew about the threat and didn't stop it because they saw how they could turn the attack to their advantage, but that's as far as I'll go.