You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

The whole Bigfoot, Sasquatch thing is really quite convincing. Hundreds and hundreds of reported sightings going back centuries all over the world. I don’t usually believe any of these things but this could be real. No reason why not.

Most videos will be faked of course but something certainly could survive in the wilderness.

The whole Bigfoot, Sasquatch thing is really quite convincing. Hundreds and hundreds of reported sightings going back centuries all over the world. I don’t usually believe any of these things but this could be real. No reason why not.

Most videos will be faked of course but something certainly could survive in the wilderness.

Something could survive for centuries?

Bigfoot sightings are probably just of bears standing on their hind legs the rest made up by lonely weirdos who want attention.

Maybe. Probably most are.

Funny that peoples all over the world who had no contact have stories describing a similar creature. Every American Indian tribe had numerous names for it.

Pacific Northwest is pretty remote.

Was not only in the early 20th century mountain gorillas were discovered and the bili ape a massive chimp in Congo in early 2000’s.

We know at lot less about this place than we think I recon.

Like so many of these things, it could hold a grain of truth. The oldest oral traditions are at least 10,000 years old, and archaic humans probably lingered on as recently as that. Not a great stretch to imagine that tales of strange humanlike beings are rooted in ancient encounters with the real thing. I'm not an anthropologist though.

Things like Bigfoot to me are somewhat different to that UFO’s and other science fiction theories.

This is just an animal. Nothing other worldly or supernatural about it. The vast swathes of wilderness could easily hide an intelligent creature with a desire to stay hidden.

This question of remains is definitely important. The idea that they bury there dead to me is far fetched and stretching it.

One hunter who I saw interviewed said he has been in the woods for over 50 years and only ever seen one bear skull in all that time.

Scavenging animals would scatter stuff pretty quickly and bones are eaten and broken down fast.

I’m sceptical but find it fascinating.

These reported sightings took a massive nosedive around the time camera phones became popular, logic would say the opposite should be true.

I reckon a lot of it is people's minds playing tricks, I've wandered through woods in close to complete darkness while stoned and I've seen some fucked up shit, but in the end it just ended up being a tree.

Your mind tries to piece an image together with the limited information it has in front of it, and tries to find similarities with what that and you have previously seen.

Where are all the remains of these giant creatures? It's either utter, utter bollocks with zero credible evidence or the claims that Maddie McCain is the hide and seek champion are completely false.

So you reckon an advanced society of Big Feet that cremate their dead then? Interesting...

Like so many of these things, it could hold a grain of truth. The oldest oral traditions are at least 10,000 years old, and archaic humans probably lingered on as recently as that. Not a great stretch to imagine that tales of strange humanlike beings are rooted in ancient encounters with the real thing. I'm not an anthropologist though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

if you're looking for Bigfoot, it's not anthropology you need a degree in, it's chiropody.