You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mass Effect

I've just completed Mass Effect and I'm gutted! Not because I didn't enjoy the game but because I'll never be able to play through it again and have the story revealed as I progress.

What a game, what a story. Utterly superb, it restores your faith in video games when something like this comes along.

Honourable mention must also go to Bioshock. A truly 'adult' videogame, and not in any smutty sense!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic game and the opportunity to see girl on (alien) girl action! Story is amazing too, and lots of difficult choices to make.

the side quests are really wank though, go there, fetch that etc... Hopefully they'll sort it out for the next 2.

By the way, why is it that everything has to be a trilogy/ chosen one thing?

• 2 years later...

Right, how the fuck do you kill Matriarch Benezia? I think I may have done this too soon, as this was the first place I travelled to when I left to the Citadel. Looking through various pages on the web, it appears that most people were something like level 40 odd, whereas I'm only level 17. It's hard enough getting past the first two Asari Commanders, but not once have I managed to kill the second lot. It's infuriatingly difficult.

Right, how the fuck do you kill Matriarch Benezia? I think I may have done this too soon, as this was the first place I travelled to when I left to the Citadel. Looking through various pages on the web, it appears that most people were something like level 40 odd, whereas I'm only level 17. It's hard enough getting past the first two Asari Commanders, but not once have I managed to kill the second lot. It's infuriatingly difficult.

Put the difficulty level down. I don't remember this fight being difficult at all, but then I was much higher than level 17 by the time I got to kicking her ass.

Keep running away and shoot from distance. It's hard, it'll take ages but it's the only way you can beat her.

That is the best way - get rid of the asari commanders and geth, then go after Benezia fro a distance. Let your team mates take some of the flack and use tech to dampen her biotics.

I can't even get past the second lot of GECK and Asari Commanders.

I think I've gone too far, too quickly. I'm just going to start again!

Woo I'd suggest from the citadel to go to Therum and pick up T'Soni then do a shit load of assignments as many as you can pick up then in order go to:

Feros then Noveria.

Cheers mate. Started again and when I left the Citadel I went to do a side quest for some woman where I have to go to two planets and kill two bosses, and then go and meet her (and I killed that scheming bitch as well). Will leave Noveria until last if I can.

Cheers mate. Started again and when I left the Citadel I went to do a side quest for some woman where I have to go to two planets and kill two bosses, and then go and meet her (and I killed that scheming bitch as well). Will leave Noveria until last if I can.

yeah, get Liara and then do Feros before Noveria - the story plays out better, as Benezia is closest to Saren and it sets up a more dramatic finish

Just finished Feros. Got some serious skills now, especially seeing as my shotgun points bar is full. Is Noveria the final real mission? I fucking hope not.

Liara's being a cocktease, but I only have eyes for Ashley, the sexy bitch. This is going to end up like an episode of Intergalatic Eastenders.

Just finished Feros. Got some serious skills now, especially seeing as my shotgun points bar is full. Is Noveria the final real mission? I fucking hope not.

Liara's being a cocktease, but I only have eyes for Ashley, the sexy bitch. This is going to end up like an episode of Intergalatic Eastenders.

No don't worry you've still got a fair bit yet.

Sorry, Woo - didn't mean to mislead you - there's loads left after Noveria and Feros!

got to disagree with you there - ME2 is a great Dirty Dozen style story and the combat is great but ME1's story unfolds much better.

Totally agree.

ME2 felt like a completely different game to ME1 and whilst the sequel is good in it's own right, the story is miles better and keeps you engrossed all of the way through.