You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Past Year - Tony Barrett

Rashid

Could be one interpretation T. Another is that he's emboldened because he doesn't believe they have much time left.

That's what I think, I doubt Barrett would see any need in belting out propoganda as some kind of last ditch attempt to push them over the edge, because most of the fans that count already know the score anyway (certainly the ones that read the Echo do anyway)

I think it's just a case of them backing the winning side, the yanks situation is untenable IMO.

Don't you find it odd though?The way Pinky and Perky handled DIC first time around.DIC were left and made to feel second best and that was down to them two.Thats why I surprised about this DIC stuff and them still being interested.The likes of big Al don't offer twice especially the way they were felt to be humilated by us.Just dose'nt sound right to me at all.But if there is truth in it then Coco and Moores would be out before the ink dried.Now can you see Coco helping to basically lose his job?

The information passed through was :

That Moores initially set a deadline of December 2006 for the deal to be done with DIC. He was particularly concerned about the rising steel prices and the rising cost of the stadium. DIC dragged their feet, which allowed G&H to come up with a bid. They bid more money. While Moores didn't have to accept a higher bid, as Chairman of the board he had a fiducary duty to the shareholders to obtain the best price possible. DIC withdrew.

Moores realises he's fucked up, and so has started to assist DIC behind the scenes. Both he and Parry are the only board memebers who would not sign off on the whole of the debt being palced against the club. If they were sacked from the board the whole of the debt would be placed against the club.

DIC have always retained an interest in buying the club, because they see it as an outstanding investment if run and marketed properly - something G&H don't have the resources to do.

I don't know how true any or all of this is, but I doubt it would have been passed on unless there was a lot of substance to it, because the person who passed it on would be in a shitload of trouble if they were to be found to making it up.

• 9 years later...

He is excellent and a rare find in the industry he works in. Hates Hodgson too.

What happened at The Times?

He quit because they were the only paper alongside the rag to not put the Hillsborough inquiry verdict on their front page.

• 1 month later...

Haha, poor lad only started this week didnt he?.

Tony Barrett Retweeted Chris

We are aware of this morning's technical issues and are looking into what went wrong. The system is now back up and running.

Tony Barrett added,

Chris @81Woolley
@LiverpoolFC what is going on with the ticket sales can someone please let the fans now @TonyBarrett
3 replies2 retweets1 like

Direct mes