You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Past Year - Tony Barrett

Rashid

There seems to be a massive spelling error. In the quotes section of Barretts article he has spelt Benitezs name R A F A, when Hicks and Gillett have been backing this man called Roffer. Thats how all this confusion has come about, its a case of mistaken indentity.

Lets hope DIC come in and take us over. Even if they did sell us on in 7 years time like they had reportedly originally planned, at least we'l have the financial backing for a new stadium and transfer money

Significantly, Sheikh Mohammed al-Maktoum, whom the ECHO can reveal was a boyhood Liverpool fan, has now taken a personal interest in making the deal happen

Now that i do like to hear.

If DIC were to buy us and the Sheikh took an interest in us like he does his horses and i can assure you were wont be bargain hunting no more.

Hadn't seen this thread, posted about this on the DIC one (I assumed, stupidly, that someone would add to that !). Im too cynical these days to believe that comment, I really want to, but but.

Just come and buy us Mo. I'll have to have a word with him at Ascot.

As exciting as it would be to oust Hicks, I think we need to be careful. The situation is so dire at the moment that there is a temptation to welcome DIC with open arms. Given our experience with G&H I think that would be extremely foolish. Certainly they are making the right noises about investment on and off the field, and I think they would act with much more decorum than Hicks has, but at the end of the day G&H presented as enthusiastic and trustworthy to begin with, and look at how that's turned out.

As exciting as it would be to oust Hicks, I think we need to be careful. The situation is so dire at the moment that there is a temptation to welcome DIC with open arms. Given our experience with G&H I think that would be extremely foolish. Certainly they are making the right noises about investment on and off the field, and I think they would act with much more decorum than Hicks has, but at the end of the day G&H presented as enthusiastic and trustworthy to begin with, and look at how that's turned out.

I know what you're saying but I'm struggling to think of a way in which any serious investor could be worse than what we have now. Absentee owners with no cash, understanding or decorum.

Significantly, Sheikh Mohammed al-Maktoum, whom the ECHO can reveal was a boyhood Liverpool fan, has now taken a personal interest in making the deal happen

"But most important of all, we've learned that the Emperor himself is personally overseeing the final stages of the buyout. Many journalists died, to bring us this information."

Monmothma1.jpg

• Upvote 1

palpatine.jpg

Your fellow supporters, on the Spion Kop, are walking into a trap.

Oh, we are quite safe from your pitiful little band.

That's ace!

"Oh I'm afraid the refinancing deal will be quite operational, before DIC...arrive."

To Parry and Moores: "You have paid the price for your lack of vision!"

I'm more hopeful than ever that DIC will buy in to the club (hopefully the lot).

One slight puzzlement: if the Sheik was a boyhood red, why did he pull out of the deal in the first place? Surely he'd have hung in there and got it sorted first time round, rather than pulling out once Moores wanted to look at another option.

That's the one thing that bothers me about DIC. It looked (first time round) like they just saw their backsides and pulled out. An odd way to do business, espcecially considering Ansari's standing as a red, and now, latterly, the Sheik's.

Boyhood fan - how can it be? How can it not have come out before now? This is MAJOR if true, and if true all this DIC-talk is acutally interesting for the heterosexual followers on here as well.

It has always been know though hasn't it? I can't remember who told me but he knew a lot about D.I.C and were going on about how Maktoum had LFC pictures in his office etc (long before he was trying to buy LFC mind).