You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Heard a boss story about Pete Best on the Beatles tour. He worked for the council for years or something and wasn't particularly well off, and after retirement his name was included on the credits of the anthology so he became a millionaire over night and is now popular in Japan where he tours with his band.

• Upvote 1

Heard a boss story about Pete Best on the Beatles tour. He worked for the council for years or something and wasn't particularly well off, and after retirement his name was included on the credits of the anthology so he became a millionaire over night and is now popular in Japan where he tours with his band.

That's nice to hear. It's something I wouldn't be surprised to hear McCartney involved,probably Ringo too to be fair.

• 3 weeks later...

That's nice to hear. It's something I wouldn't be surprised to hear McCartney involved,probably Ringo too to be fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were just the opposite. 

Even though Best didn't stick as a Beatle, his time with the band gave him considerable fame. But he didn't make a fortune off of it until 1995. That's when Apple Records released Volume I of The Beatles Anthology - a compilation of early recordings that included Best playing on tracks like Ain't She Sweet and Cry for a Shadow. The royalties netted him an estimated 4-million pounds sterling. Not a bad way to begin his golden years. It may have taken Pete thirty years, but he finally got a positive result on the business side of the Beatles. And who doesn't like money.

https://www.civilized.life/articles/pete-best-after-the-beatles/

• Upvote 2

• 3 years later...
On 17/01/2018 at 22:24, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I remember seeing Frank Sidebottom in the early 90s. For some reason he was talking about Pete Best. "He works in a Job Centre now. As if you'd take careers advice off him!"

I'm happy to see that joke doesn't work any more.

I remember him being at the Hillsborough Justice Concert in 97. Every time he came on everyone was shouting “fuck off frank”. Not sure if it was a running joke/theme with him or not, but he was shit like.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2017 at 07:51, Mook said:

I've said it before & I'll say it again, Ringo was a brilliant drummer & absolutely perfect for The Beatles. The notion that he 'got lucky' is a load of bollocks, the other 3 were just as lucky to have someone who complimented their songs so amazingly.

Bang on this, there is not a drummer in world that would have made The Beatles sound better but there's a fuckload who would have made them sound worse. He can come across a bit badly at times but he was the absolute perfect player for that band.

On 31/12/2017 at 16:41, Section_31 said:

He lives about 200 yards from me. Or he has a house there but my birds mum said he lives there. The Casbah is two streets away.