You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I’m aware of that, but I generally just wait for recommendations from mates or films on here I see getting 8, 9 or 10 out of 10. Bollocks to spending 2 hours watching some utter random shite.

Watch some old classics, mate. I mostly watch films that are new to me but were made decades ago.

• Upvote 1

City Hall - Amazon Prime (ppv) 

Some great acting. Some really corny music. A bit glitzy Hollywoody in places, but a decent story and script. Let down by a little too much predictability and tiresome clichés. 

5.5/10

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Watch some old classics, mate. I mostly watch films that are new to me but were made decades ago.

Yeah I already do that Tony, love watching an old film I haven’t seen that a mate might recommend. I love recommending old films I loved to them as well, it’s a mutual benefit.

I was talking more about newish films that loads of forumites on this thread rate and wonder why they waste their time watching something they rate as 2 out of 10. I see it on here all the time and just think life’s too short wasting your time on shite.

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Yeah I already do that Tony, love watching an old film I haven’t seen that a mate might recommend. I love recommending old films I loved to them as well, it’s a mutual benefit.

I was talking more about newish films that loads of forumites on this thread rate and wonder why they waste their time watching something they rate as 2 out of 10. I see it on here all the time and just think life’s too short wasting your time on shite.

There was a documentary about Poly Styrene making its debut on Sky Arts tonight followed up by White Riot the recent documentary about Rock Against Racism. I missed them because of a zoom birthday thing for my mate but going to look for the Poly thing now. White Riot is well worth watching if you haven't already seen it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

There was a documentary about Poly Styrene making its debut on Sky Arts tonight followed up by White Riot the recent documentary about Rock Against Racism. I missed them because of a zoom birthday thing for my mate but going to look for the Poly thing now. White Riot is well worth watching if you haven't already seen it. 

I've got Westway to the World on DVD somewhere. Need to watch that again. 

4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Nice one Cloggy, I’ll catch up with them, White Riot sounds up my street when I just read up on it.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I barely watch a film these days because most of them are crap. This seems borne out by the marks most people on here give the latest films. I don’t get why so many of you sit through 2 hours of a film that you give a mark of between 2 and 4 out of 10. Fuck that shit. 

Speaking for myself, I've just made a list of a load of films which have been tipped for Best Picture Oscar nominations this year, been working my way through that. It's been veryhit and miss.

The best (by far) has been Nomadland which I really enjoyed. Frances McDormand is amazing in it.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I don’t get why so many of you sit through 2 hours of a film that you give a mark of between 2 and 4 out of 10. Fuck that shit. 

Well I rated that Mule movie a 2/10 having only watched half and got cunted in the fuck by @Bjornebye for doing so. Following your logic, any film I watch to its conclusion must be rated a five or above? Nah, not having it. I can watch all of a movie and still rate it 1/10. It's my right.

Cliffhanger. There's a great example. Minus 50 billion to the power of a zillion/10. Almost undoubtedly the worst film I ever saw. Although full disclosure I switched that off too so perhaps not my finest example. 

5 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Well I rated that Mule movie a 2/10 having only watched half and got cunted in the fuck by @Bjornebye for doing so. Following your logic, any film I watch to its conclusion must be rated a five or above? Nah, not having it. I can watch all of a movie and still rate it 1/10. It's my right.

Cliffhanger. There's a great example. Minus 50 billion to the power of a zillion/10. Almost undoubtedly the worst film I ever saw. Although full disclosure I switched that off too so perhaps not my finest example. 

This is a lie your honour I didn't touch the man 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Coming to America - 8/10 

Just started Coming 2 America ....... 

Take it for what it is. I nearly gave up after 20 minutes in RB style but by the end it was enjoyable guff. A fair few nostalgic laughs. 6/10. 

1 hour ago, Soft Joe said:

It’s quite clever how they’ve called it coming “2 america” instead of “to america”

A97DE1B5-4AD2-44F9-B785-D2DB15168798.jpeg

Thankfully that pretty much rules out another sequel.

18 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Speaking for myself, I've just made a list of a load of films which have been tipped for Best Picture Oscar nominations this year, been working my way through that. It's been veryhit and miss.

The best (by far) has been Nomadland which I really enjoyed. Frances McDormand is amazing in it.

Judas and the Black Messiah should win it, brilliant cinema.

Nomadland, I enjoyed the first half, but then felt I was just watching the same thing over in the second half.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Judas and the Black Messiah should win it, brilliant cinema.

Nomadland, I enjoyed the first half, but then felt I was just watching the same thing over in the second half.

So, just finished watching that, really enjoyed it.

Thought the acting was excellent, especially the lad who played Fred Hampton.

Preferred Nomadland though.

7.5/10

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

So, just finished watching that, really enjoyed it.

Thought the acting was excellent, especially the lad who played Fred Hampton.

Preferred Nomadland though.

7.5/10

Dan Kaluuya is great, he’ll be up for best supporting actor though which I think is weird as he’s ‘the man’ in the film.

I’d be delighted if he wins, really cool bloke.

Bill and Ted Face the Music - way more amusing than I thought it'd be after some of the comments here. It wasn't trying to be anything more than that I thought and I enjoyed it 6.75/10

Atomic Blonde - Theron has to be one of the finest women to grace the big screen and, oh, she can act too. But this film just lost me. Fuck knows what was happening. 3/10

House of Games - Amazon (ppv) 

Mr rb14 suggested this having read gushing reviews and a score of 96 on Rotten Tomatoes. 

I can say with absolute certainty that it might be one if the most appalling films I've had the misfortune to witness. OK, it wasn't as diabolical as Cliffhanger, but good grief it was trying hard. 

Preposterous story, dreadful casting, absurd script, I mean other than the appearance of a rather beautiful car (Coupe Deville convertible in red) it had absolutely no saving graces whatsoever. Risible. 

0/10

I watched it through to the end just to piss off @Vincent Vega

• Upvote 2