You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

I accidentally saw that new Godzilla movie today. It’s probably the silliest film I’ve ever seen and certainly the loudest. I’ll give it a generous 4/10. 

How do you accidentally watch a movie at the cinema? My only guess is that you took a brief break from teaching and tried your hand at being a roofer, only to fall through an hole on top of the Showcase Cinema directly into screen 5.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elite said:

How do you accidentally watch a movie at the cinema? My only guess is that you took a brief break from teaching and tried your hand at being a roofer, only to fall through an hole on top of the Showcase Cinema directly into screen 5.

My guess is he went in to the cinema knowing that Godzilla was on and was absolutely determined to deliberately not watch it. But he forgot to keep his eyes closed and forgot to take in his ear muffs. And ended up watching it, purely by accident. All the way to the end.

7 hours ago, Mendoza said:

Being Frank- as has already been said, it's really good- 9/10

Watched this last night and loved it. The scene in rhe small club with all the stage diving and Frank and Little Frank tearing it up, would have loved to have been there.

9/10

10 hours ago, Elite said:

Mrs Paul and I went into town, got a little bit tipsy (nothing outrageous but too much to drive straight away) and needed to kill a few hours before heading home. The solution was the pictures and the only thing that looked even vaguely interesting at that time was this pile of nonsense. I’d rather have seen Endgame again but the timings didn’t work. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Watched this last night and loved it. The scene in rhe small club with all the stage diving and Frank and Little Frank tearing it up, would have loved to have been there.

9/10

The Not Frank book creased me up. So funny. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Deadwood the Movie. Thoroughly enjoyed one last jaunt down the streets of Deadwood. A fitting way to end what was a brilliant series, quite sad in its own way, especially the rendition of Waltzing Matilda and the final words.

9/10. 

You Were Never Really Here.

Watched this last night, didn't fully understand what was going on a lot of the time, no affinity with any characters, too much mumbling & a bit too arty farty in places. 4/10.

On 29/05/2019 at 20:19, Paul said:

I accidentally saw that new Godzilla movie today. It’s probably the silliest film I’ve ever seen and certainly the loudest. I’ll give it a generous 4/10. 

Watched this yesterday and 4/10 is extremely generous. It's utter drivel.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

John Wick 3. 8/10.

Very inventive action and very entertaining in a leave-your-brain-at-the-door way. Looking forward to number four.

Agreed. Very entertaining. 

Kingsmen: The Golden Circle - Sequel that's a lot like the first movie only much less interesting and a bit more flippant. There's certain aspects of the Kingsmen films that I quite like but they're also to OTT and zany for their own good. 4 out of 10.

Crazy Rich Asians - Romcom about a US college professor who travels to Singapore to meet her boyfriend's family who, it turns out, are rich as fuck. Decent movie, good performances and it's not often you see this type of movie with a total non-white cast but it still suffered from the usual tropes of the genre. 6.5 out of 10.

The Guilty. 8/10.

Danish thriller that centres entirely on a police dispatcher who receives a call from somebody who has been kidnapped. The idea of a film centred entirely on one person and a series of phone interactions with other people we never see, only hear, may sound like a boring concept. It’s anything but. Gripping, with a few good twists and turns along the way. Apparently getting remade by Hollywood with Jake Gyllenhaal on board.