You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, The Woolster said:

Just seen that this thread has had almost 1.3m views, and I'm not sure if I've ever clicked on it!

I watched Maze Runner (the 1st one) last night, mildly entertaining, but not as good as Hunger Games - 6.5/10

Jesus there's an endorsement, 'not as burnt as Life time fans full English'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

I mean, Hunger Games is like a 7.1, also nothing particularly special

So, what you're saying is that Hunger Games is 8.5% better than Maze Runner. What improvements, in what area and by how much should Maze Runner make to have a chance of being rated better than Hunger Games?

13 hours ago, SasaS said:

So, what you're saying is that Hunger Games is 8.5% better than Maze Runner. What improvements, in what area and by how much should Maze Runner make to have a chance of being rated better than Hunger Games?

.. and, of course, welcome aboard...

Watched "Upgrade" over the weekend. Had no idea what to expect at all. Superbly entertaining nonsense with the fella from "Quarry" being literally the only person i'd heard of in it. Basically he's a quadraplegic after an attack where his Mrs gets murdered. He volunteers for this experimental chip in his spine that miraculously allows him to walk again, so goes looking for the people that killed his wife. The chip starts to have ideas of it's own and that's where the fun starts. 

Part Deathwish, part Videodrome, part RoboCop. All boss. 8/10 

• Upvote 3

On 1/28/2019 at 4:54 PM, The Woolster said:

I mean, Hunger Games is like a 7.1, also nothing particularly special

I've never seen Hunger Games or Maze Runner. I am not sure if I am missing out or not.

16 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Watched "Upgrade" over the weekend. Had no idea what to expect at all. Superbly entertaining nonsense with the fella from "Quarry" being literally the only person i'd heard of in it. Basically he's a quadraplegic after an attack where his Mrs gets murdered. He volunteers for this experimental chip in his spine that miraculously allows him to walk again, so goes looking for the people that killed his wife. The chip starts to have ideas of it's own and that's where the fun starts. 

Part Deathwish, part Videodrome, part RoboCop. All boss. 8/10 

Watched that a while back and really enjoyed it. Cracking little film, clever, dark, funny and violent, bit like a really, really good episode of Black Mirror.

33 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

It is very good. 

However, the film two before it in the series is much dirtier. 

The film 28 after it is cold, sweet and is normally available out of the side of a van that plays music. Surreal. 

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The film 28 after it is cold, sweet and is normally available out of the side of a van that plays music. Surreal. 

This was overall a great series, many people don't know that Billy Wilder did the first three, and before it reached double figures, you already had people like Fincher and Fellini directing instalments. Fellini was so enthusiastic he did one and a half films.

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

The missus told me this one was based on a true story. 

Imagine my shock when Bruce Willis from unbreakable makes a cameo. 

That M Night Shyamalan cunt should be banned from making films quite frankly. Has he ever directed a film that wasn't utter mince?...

Scratch that, just checked his filmography & the answer is no.

34 minutes ago, Mook said:

That M Night Shyamalan cunt should be banned from making films quite frankly. Has he ever directed a film that wasn't utter mince?...

Scratch that, just checked his filmography & the answer is no.

The sixth sense was boss, the village was pretty good and he did a weird horror film where kids go and stay with their grandparents. That was good too. But he has made some gash as he finances the films himself so there is really noone to challenge him on whether they are good enough. 

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

The sixth sense was boss, the village was pretty good and he did a weird horror film where kids go and stay with their grandparents. That was good too. But he has made some gash as he finances the films himself so there is really noone to challenge him on whether they are good enough. 

I'm sorry but they're all shite.

21 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

90% on rottentomatoes for the sixt sense would suggest otherwise. 

When Barry Norman handed over the reigns to me, he didn't say anything about putting up with this sort of nonsense.

If I say a film is shite then that's it, case closed.

• Upvote 1