You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big Al slams Bellamy Return

Sponky

Does Shearer have a point or just sour grapes  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Does Shearer have a point or just sour grapes

• Too much baggage, stay well clear!
    • Class hard working player, worth the risk, again!

Shearer is a bell.

Possibly the worst pundit on MOTD and that is some accolade. I remember watching MOTD last year when the Mancs were playing City and one of Ronaldo's goals was clearly offside and Shearer said:

"Yes, he was clearly offside but City didn't deserve the benefit of that decision for their awful defending."

What the fuck???

Guest PaddyBerger15
Damn you Karl, you know I sound nothing like a Geordie though but.

Damn you all n'that and I'll have another bottle of dog when yer ready pet.

Aye, true enough like.

Bellamy is no respecter of reputation, and if he feels something needs to be said he will say it. (Occasionally this gets him into trouble, but it can be a refreshing trait in a world as false and sycophantic as football).

Bellamy had a point when he said Shearer's legs had gone. He did all of Shearer's running for him so he knew what he was on about.

On a related point about Shearer's managerial aspirations, I don't think he will be manager of anyone before one day taking the barcodes hotseat. He has too much to lose by learning his trade at other clubs. There is still a mystique about him on Tyneside and that will land him the job when Allardyce leaves. Whether Shearer will be up to much as a manager remains to be seen.

Bellamy's our player, but I wish he wasn't.

Bellamy is the only player who took Vidic apart in the Prem last season. His performance against the Scum at Anfield was outstanding, almost as good as his game in Barca.

He should be given a second season at Anfield.

And maybe you could also tell him who to pick for the opening game of the season against Villa, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 Al, what do you think?

I fucking hate Shearer, the guy is a know nothing Geordie twat. Thank God we never bought him.

Yeah, he'd have been shit and we didn't really need one of the greatest finsihers the Premiership has ever seen.

I think Shearer's annoying, but he was a great player.

As for this Bellamy thing, well, I dunno, he's just giving his opinion, and he does hate Bellamy, so I can understand his outburst.

It's more entertaining than his usual drone.

Yeah, he'd have been shit and we didn't really need one of the greatest finsihers the Premiership has ever seen.

I think Shearer's annoying, but he was a great player.

As for this Bellamy thing, well, I dunno, he's just giving his opinion, and he does hate Bellamy, so I can understand his outburst.

It's more entertaining than his usual drone.

We've had the most natural finisher the Premiership has ever seen, and another who was bloody good too. I'm not saying he wasn't a decent/very good player but I honestly believe he was over-hyped.

I have no problem with him expressing an opinion, (well I do but thats a different story) its the fact he try's to make out he knows more than Rafa that pisses me off.

And maybe you could also tell him who to pick for the opening game of the season against Villa, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 Al, what do you think?

I fucking hate Shearer, the guy is a know nothing Geordie twat. Thank God we never bought him.

Yeah thank god we didn't buy Alan Shearer. He's only the best goalscorer of the last 15 years.

Christ, how can you twist that into "Shearer says I know more than Rafa"?

I didn't claim he said that, I stated he tried to make out he knew more. I'm pretty sure Rafa can make a judgement call on a player himself without having to run it by Mary Poppins first. If he couldn't he shouldn't be in the fucking job.

And as for signing him, when the discussions were taking place I honestly feel he was past his best and over-hyped. The entire team had to be built around him for him to be effective, as others have said Bellamy did all his running for him. I don't rate Cisse as liverpool class as you would have to build your entire team around him for him to be most effective and as a club we are always bigger than any one player, this includes Alan fucking Shearer.

Poor old toon! Shearer on the sidelines having his say, which he's entitled to do. However, this shows how things can go wrong when ex players still have a massive impact at their club.

A look on a couple of toon forums shows this has split their fanbase wide open. Some see it as interference while others saying AS has been sticthed up by the local paper.

Actually I think Shearer's right. Has there been a club that Bellamy hasn't caused trouble of some sort at yet? It's hardly earth-shattering wisdom but he does have a point.

Anyhow although he's a dull middleaged twunt, Shearer is a frocking legend and twice the player Bellamy will ever be.

That's a great word that is.

From SSN

Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer has hit out at the prospect of Craig Bellamy making a surprise Magpies return.

Bellamy, who spent four years with Newcastle between 2001 and 2005, has been linked with a St James' return following Sam Allardyce's appointment.

However, Shearer, despite playing some of his best football alongside the Welsh flyer, believes Bellamy's off-field problems are not worth the hassle.

"Has no-one learnt their lesson about signing Craig Bellamy?" said Shearer.

"If only Rafa Benitez had rung me I would have told him exactly what he was like. I hope there isn't anything in (the Newcastle reports).

"I was having a few days away in France with Gary Speed and Steve Harper and the wives and I picked up the newspaper. I was having a fantastic day.

"But when I read Bellamy for Newcastle I thought I would definitely have to have another drink. I had several."

I think ape face could do well under Sam A. Any trouble & The Big Man will just punch Apeface's lights out and it'll be goodnight nurse.

1. It would be mental if Newcastle signed Bellamy - isn't McDermott still there? Can't see it myself.

2. Even so, Bellamy should do a press conference, making sure to pose the following questions for Shearer:

a) So Alan, what is your role at the club these days?

b) Had your knees really gone?

c) If you love Newcastle so much, what right do you have to undermine the new manager and potentially scupper one of his major signings of the summer?

d) Did you apply for the job?

e) Did you get it then?

f) Even though the story about you celebrating Blackburn's title win by creosoting your fence is apocryphal, how does it feel to know that at least 80% of people think you're so boring that they believe it?

g) Have you ever been asked to do an advert for Advanced Hair Studio?

h) Are you, in fact, a massive cunt?

(Edit)

I) Go on, show us your Champion's League winner's medal then.

Guest Manuel

Ring ring, ring ring:

AS: "Alan Shearer"

RB: "Hello Alan. Rafa Benitez here. What's your thoughts on Fernando Torres?"

AS: "I'm glad you asked. He's, er, quite good."

RB: "For sure, just wanted your opinion. Cheers mate."

Shearer is a pervert mate, sits there on match of the day with his skin tight kecks on so everyone can see his meat and two veg. yes alan you've got a willy well done now feckoff you boring loads of hair waste of a pundit joke.

Ha haa class. Is there something you are not telling us mate?

I don't know if this has already been posted but I was just reading an article which quoted Mickey Thomas. Thomas, more or less said that Shearer is a hypocrite and went on to say that Shearer had nothing to say when the Geordies signed Barton who is an infinitely worse human being than Bellamy.