You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big Al slams Bellamy Return

Sponky

Does Shearer have a point or just sour grapes  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Does Shearer have a point or just sour grapes

• Too much baggage, stay well clear!
    • Class hard working player, worth the risk, again!

From SSN

Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer has hit out at the prospect of Craig Bellamy making a surprise Magpies return.

Bellamy, who spent four years with Newcastle between 2001 and 2005, has been linked with a St James' return following Sam Allardyce's appointment.

However, Shearer, despite playing some of his best football alongside the Welsh flyer, believes Bellamy's off-field problems are not worth the hassle.

"Has no-one learnt their lesson about signing Craig Bellamy?" said Shearer.

"If only Rafa Benitez had rung me I would have told him exactly what he was like. I hope there isn't anything in (the Newcastle reports).

"I was having a few days away in France with Gary Speed and Steve Harper and the wives and I picked up the newspaper. I was having a fantastic day.

"But when I read Bellamy for Newcastle I thought I would definitely have to have another drink. I had several."

From SSN

Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer has hit out at the prospect of Craig Bellamy making a surprise Magpies return.

Bellamy, who spent four years with Newcastle between 2001 and 2005, has been linked with a St James' return following Sam Allardyce's appointment.

However, Shearer, despite playing some of his best football alongside the Welsh flyer, believes Bellamy's off-field problems are not worth the hassle.

"Has no-one learnt their lesson about signing Craig Bellamy?" said Shearer.

"If only Rafa Benitez had rung me I would have told him exactly what he was like. I hope there isn't anything in (the Newcastle reports).

"I was having a few days away in France with Gary Speed and Steve Harper and the wives and I picked up the newspaper. I was having a fantastic day.

"But when I read Bellamy for Newcastle I thought I would definitely have to have another drink. I had several."

And maybe you could also tell him who to pick for the opening game of the season against Villa, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 Al, what do you think?

I fucking hate Shearer, the guy is a know nothing Geordie twat. Thank God we never bought him.

big al's worried his legendary status is under threat - the geordies love bellers, if i was big sham i wouldnt have big al trying to be bigger icon- go on slap a cheeky £10 million bid in prove your the bigger person sham !

Bellamy for Owen could be a decent deal for both clubs.

The Geordies wouldn't have to pay Bellamy the reported £120K per week they make to Owen and I suspect Owen would welcome a return to Anfield for a significantly lower wage.

Their current transfer values are both quoted at about £9M.

Should be a hassle-free deal.

I fucking hate Shearer. Bellamy would be good for them, and was in fact. Shearer can fuck off. WE are letting him go because he didn't quite make the grade, nowt to do with his behaviour.

Get fucked Shearer, no one wants to know what you think.

I think Shearer is just jealous of Bellamy. Shearer himself could singlehandedly fucking cure insomnia just with his "personality", whilst in Bellamy he sees what having a bit of fun in life could have been like.

Such a shame the deluded geordies worship him and probably actually listens to the shit that comes out of his mouth.

I

Such a shame the deluded geordies worship him and probably actually listens to the shit that comes out of his mouth.

In fairness to the Geordies they have a mixed reaction to the story.

The prospect of Barton and Bellamy at the club Xmas party fills some with terror while not all are fans of Shearer the Pundit…….

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14309&st=0

Worth a read.

Actually I think Shearer's right. Has there been a club that Bellamy hasn't caused trouble of some sort at yet? It's hardly earth-shattering wisdom but he does have a point.

Anyhow although he's a dull middleaged twunt, Shearer is a frocking legend and twice the player Bellamy will ever be.