You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

I'd like us to win the league. That's the major achievement for me. Then champions league, then FA cup, then UEFA cup, then Top 4, then league cup.

That's not the same priority as these or any other owners though.

You missed out "finishing above Everton" and "doing better next year", which are the limits of our current ambition.

What else do we have to play for?

Never mind me' date=' I'm just feeling a bit maudlin.[/quote']

I'm less maudlin than I was before yesterday's result. I'm looking forward to the end of the season though. It would be nice to get there without losing any more games.

Hopefully people aren't comparing what Rafa has done at Chelsea with one of the most expensive squads in world football to what Rodgers has so far done at Liverpool.

Pine all you like for the guy but he ain't coming back, not under these owners with the system we have in place.

Rodgers works with a committee to decide on transfers, McParland and Borrell run the Academy, the manager has very little input on what happens there.

Does that sound like a situation Benitez would thrive in.

Maybe we should bring back Houllier, he got us into the Champions League and won us plenty of trophies.

If you keep looking in the past you forget about the future.

Hopefully people aren't comparing what Rafa has done at Chelsea with one of the most expensive squads in world football to what Rodgers has so far done at Liverpool.

Pine all you like for the guy but he ain't coming back' date=' not under these owners with the system we have in place.

Rodgers works with a committee to decide on transfers, McParland and Borrell run the Academy, the manager has very little input on what happens there.

Maybe we should bring back Houllier, he got us into the Champions League and won us plenty of trophies.

If you keep looking in the past you forget about the future.[/quote']

I don't think many people are pining for Benitez, they're just frustrated that the club is in a mess and we do not appear to have a clear strategy to extricate ourselves, or a management team who have the experience to build one.

I'm less maudlin than I was before yesterday's result. I'm looking forward to the end of the season though. It would be nice to get there without losing any more games.

We will lose at least two, possible three more games before the season is finished is my guess.

Pine all you like for the guy but he ain't coming back, not under these owners with the system we have in place.

If you keep looking in the past you forget about the future.

I can understand you not liking him or wanting him back.

But saying he wouldnt like a system he himself set up, and a system that Kenny said was fantastic and a credit to him. Bit of a strange comment to make.