You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck no. Do you fry beans? Do you fuck. Eggs, bacon, sausage, black pud, mushrooms, tomato, fried bread. All fried. All go on a fry-up.

Why the fuck do cafes insist on putting fucking beans on?

On a completely separate note - what's the difference between Marmite, and shit?

Marmite comes in a jar. Fucking hate marmite.

Guest No Angel
Fuck no. Do you fry beans? Do you fuck. Eggs, bacon, sausage, black pud, mushrooms, tomato, fried bread. All fried. All go on a fry-up.

On a completely separate note - what's the difference between Marmite, and shit?

Bet you do too Noos ;)

Guest No Angel
No Angel - here we are tackling the biggest issues facing western democracy today, and you have to bring it down to the gutter with your sexual innuendo.

Tell me, when having your portion of sausage, do you like sauce squirting on your bacon?

Not brown sauce Noos! have you tried Tena Lady for your (ahem) little juice run problem!

have to agree here. the only good thing about beans on a fry up is the moisture the sauce provides - but then it makes my fried bread go soggy! at least with tommy sauce it provides appropriate moisture but can be controlled so as not to affect in appropriate food items.

marmite IS shit.

beans on toast with brown sauce is nice.

yes that is all very well but one of toast's main purpose is to utilise the baked bean so is ok with it going soggy. but fried bread's main purpose is to be crispy and crunchy which beans add a negative outcome to. I feel very strongly about this it seems! plus some might say beans on toast is a meal in itself but I am not into all that. plus beans I think provide decent amount of moisture, I would find some extra brown moisture almost too much on top of this.

There are also so many things that can replace beans, on an Ulster Fry you typically get mushrooms, potato bread, and soda bread as well, all that are nicer than beans.

Don't know if this is true, but when I told a guy once that I didn't want beans on my fry he asked why, and I was being a bit sarky and told him that they weren't fried, he said that before they are bought in the sauce they are fried, then baked in the sauce, do any of you guys know if this is the case?

There are also so many things that can replace beans, on an Ulster Fry you typically get mushrooms, potato bread, and soda bread as well, all that are nicer than beans.

Don't know if this is true, but when I told a guy once that I didn't want beans on my fry he asked why, and I was being a bit sarky and told him that they weren't fried, he said that before they are bought in the sauce they are fried, then baked in the sauce, do any of you guys know if this is the case?

Blimey. Could it be true? All these years have I been doing beans a injustice? Is the why refried beans are re-fried - they've already been fried once?

I was also not aware of this fact but find it hard to accept. Also the best places to have a fry up are the ones that let you substitute items for other items. for example I often rejected the beans and black pudding for an extra sausage and extra slice of bacon, or if I was feeling crazy, an extra egg. It was always dissapointing to go to places that frowned upon this substitution technique.

so if I were to ask for a proper ulster fry up what would it consist of, so I can sit here and salvinate.

I was also not aware of this fact but find it hard to accept. Also the best places to have a fry up are the ones that let you substitute items for other items. for example I often rejected the beans and black pudding for an extra sausage and extra slice of bacon, or if I was feeling crazy, an extra egg. It was always dissapointing to go to places that frowned upon this substitution technique.

so if I were to ask for a proper ulster fry up what would it consist of, so I can sit here and salvinate.

I find it difficult to accept as well. They don't taste fried at all. Like the places that offer substitutes as well, although would never get rid of the black pud.

It's not a proper fry up without black pudding, imo.

It's a real nightmare trying to get hold of it in the bloody south - they just don't do it. They are a funny bunch. However, the quality of bacon is top notch down here.

That's another issue - smoked or green bacon? Have to go for smoked, personally

Also smoked. This is going to open a whole hornets nest, I know, but, when I cook my own, I actually prefer german bratwurst on my fry-up to english sausages.

Smoked for me too. just cant take to black pudding. I have never eaten a bratwurst with a fry up but does sound tempting. you cant beat having a big fat sausage. I find it amusing when you buy a cooked one in germany - you get a massive sausage and they shove it in a tiny breadroll so the majority of the sausage is hanging out of each end of the bread. those crazy germans.

Hmm, interesting. Never thought of that but i think i'll give it a go.

I've found a butchers which does his own chorizo sausages. They are fantastic but you can only really have 1 they're so rich - fantastic with runny egg yolk.

Another point - what sauce do you use. For me it's ketchup on sausages and HP on everything else

How do you even think aboot eating fried toast? It's like having a sponge in that dirty frier. I'm getting sick just thinking aboot it. English breakfast is discusting in general, ruining everything in the frier.

Good god man! English fried breakfast is disgusting?! You're not gay are you?

• Upvote 1

Hmm, interesting. Never thought of that but i think i'll give it a go.

I've found a butchers which does his own chorizo sausages. They are fantastic but you can only really have 1 they're so rich - fantastic with runny egg yolk.

Another point - what sauce do you use. For me it's ketchup on sausages and HP on everything else

HP all the way for me. Occasionally dab a bit of mustard on the saussies.

HP for me but I like a mixture of brown and that HP fruity. With regards to Kop - fried bread (as far as I know) isn't cooked in one of them dirty big deep fat friers. its just fried on a frying pan (thats how I make it and have seen other people make it). excellent hangover cure too soaking up all the crap in your stomach.

HP for me but I like a mixture of brown and that HP fruity. With regards to Kop - fried bread (as far as I know) isn't cooked in one of them dirty big deep fat friers. its just fried on a frying pan (thats how I make it and have seen other people make it). excellent hangover cure too soaking up all the crap in your stomach.

I've tasted fried bread in english hotels, that are dripping of oil. Tell me that's a good eat :sick: Also the mushrooms, whole champingnon(sp) directly into the boiling oil....oh dear...

Ordinary toast on the other hand, nothing wrong with that. If you grill a piece of bread, or fried on a dry pan, I'm in.