You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

cover versions

Total Longo

Ben Folds does a good cover of "Golden Slumbers" on the I Am Sam soundtrack. Not sure it's better than the original though.

I've never heard that cover but i'd be amazed if it was better than the Beatles one. One of the most beautiful songs ever in my humble opinion.

Guns N' Roses - Sympathy For The Devil.

Well better than the original Rolling Stones version.

Actually, their version of Since I don't have you is miles better than the original as well. Their Live and Let Die is ace too.

I wouldn't say all of these are better than the originals but they're some of my favourite cover versions.

Walk on By - The Stranglers

It's All Over Now Baby Blue - Van morrison

Whiskey in the Jar- Thin Lizzy

Eloise - The Damned

Eleanor Rigby - Ray Charles

I Can't Tell the Bottom from the Top - Kevin Rowland

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Days - Kirsty Macoll

House of the Rising Sun - The Animals

Song to the Siren - This Mortal Coil

Nobody Does it Better - Radiohead

We will Become Silhouettes - The Shins

With God on Our Side - Manfredd Mann

Masters of War (live) - Pearl Jam

Guest U.M.C

Total Longo

Nowt wrong with the Rolf Mate.

Guy is a legend.

He does some great covers

Satidsfaction

Honky Tonk Woman

Road House Blues

Hand in Pocket (alanis)

Smoke on the Water

Bohemian Rhapsody - (Absolutely Fantastic)

To name but a few.

Good covers

Whiskey in The Jar - Metallica

Stone Cold Crazy - Metallica

So What - Metallica

Got the Time - Anthrax

And of course

Crazy Frog doing Axel F :wallbutt: :wallbutt:

UMC - There is a fatwa out on you for claiming that metallica version is better that Lynotts ...no way man

U2 have done 3 class covers

Everlasting Love

SAtelite of Love ( way better than Lou reeds version)

Paint It Black

Guest U.M.C
UMC - There is a fatwa out on you for claiming that metallica version is better that Lynotts ...no way man

Gav

Whats a fatwa???

I think Lizzy have done a great version of a traditional song, just think metallica have done a great version of the Lizzy version, i know the thread asked for better than original, i never said it was (sorry if it seemed that way). I love both versions for different reasons one is no worse/better than other in my eyes.

Guest U.M.C
Hayseed Dixie - Ace Of Spades

Heard of them but not actually heard them.

Also a good band that does weird covers

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

Hotel California

Summer of 69

Sweet Caroline (not status quo)

and many more

Total Longo

Nowt wrong with the Rolf Mate.

Guy is a legend.

He does some great covers

Satidsfaction

Honky Tonk Woman

Road House Blues

Hand in Pocket (alanis)

Smoke on the Water

Bohemian Rhapsody - (Absolutely Fantastic)

To name but a few.

You aren't wrong, I still maintain the Zeppelin version of Stairway is superior though. However, my mate used to have a load of Rolf MP3's on his PC in work which he used to play regularly. His cover versions of "Zip a dee doo dah" and "Angels" by Nobby Williams were notably better than the originals. having said that, Rolf emptying his bowels into his didgereedoo would sound better than anything Nobby Williams could produce.

Guest U.M.C
You aren't wrong, I still maintain the Zeppelin version of Stairway is superior though. .

TL

Obv Rolf's isnt better. The thread title was which covers are better than original, and iposted some good covers under that banner, i should have said not as good but still very good covers etc.

Apologies for the confusion, altho he version of Bo Rap is preferable to the original these days as it was done to death when freddie past on (no pun intended).

Reason i hate that now is on the same day as Mr Mercury passing away Eric Carr drummer at the time with Kiss died of Cancer and Fuck all was mentioned (over here anyway for obv reasons), it just pissed me off and it made my liking for queen dwindle a lot.

Guest U.M.C
Just then, in your last post...

Tocuhe

But before then when was the last time they were mentioned.

See i never mentioned kiss this time :wallbutt: DAMN :tease: