You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things you'd do if you weren't lazy

Section_31

Is the book about how to put shelves up?

Haha...no.

It’s about Scottish and their role in the founding of Canada and the influences of the Scottish diaspora bringing values from Scotland to Canada and transposing then towards Canadian society and the effect that that still has today.

In other words batter everything and deep fry it.

• Upvote 1

Could easily have been my list that Section. It's hard to tell where laziness starts and procrastination ends. My problem is I start things and then drift off. They never become part of a routine I can stick to.

I started learning Italian, got all impressed that I could pick out words I recognised in episodes of Inspector Montalbano, but then thought "Who am I going to talk Italian to?" and never went back to it.

I bought a cigarbox guitar because I like old blues and it's only got three strings, so is supposed to be dead easy to pick up. It's gathering dust because I never find the right time to pick it up. Plus, this time of year I have the windows open, and I don't want people to hear me plucking strings in a tuneless manner like a child.

I've at least got a provisional licence as part of my plan to learn to drive this year. But again, I'm thinking "It's fucking hot, I don't want to be stuck in a car with a sweaty stranger, I'll wait for Autumn".

I will, however, learn a martial art as soon as my evenings that they hold the classes are free.

Probably.

I started learning Italian, got all impressed that I could pick out words I recognised in episodes of Inspector Montalbano, but then thought "Who am I going to talk Italian to?" and never went back to it.

You can start again and talk to Tony. E il sua mamma. 

• Upvote 2

Cheers. Just been for a look. Think they would be ok in the med or a pond. Not sure it would stand up to the North Sea. Rep due.

The Med is as bad if not worse in patches. Even on a warship. But hang on, you would just batter the waves anyway wouldn't you