Quantcast
Who Will Win The World Cup - Poll - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive one month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

Snack Media

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

Who Will Win The World Cup - Poll

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win it? (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win it?

1. Germany (24 votes [31.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. Brazil (18 votes [23.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

3. France (12 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

4. Argentina (3 votes [3.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.95%

5. Spain (7 votes [9.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.21%

6. Belgium (5 votes [6.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.58%

7. England (2 votes [2.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

8. Portugal (1 votes [1.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.32%

9. Russia (1 votes [1.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.32%

10. Other (Please state) (3 votes [3.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

Honestly can't see past Germany to win this again. France have a very good side but they have a tendency to fuck it right up in the group stages when they are fancied. Spain are past their best. Argentine have become the ultimate also-rans. Brazil weren't that impressive at Anfield last week until Neymar came on. Belgium could and probably will have a fucking good go. 

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#2 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

I hope you are right Strontz. Got them in my sweepstake at work. Along with Panama. 

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#3 Elite

Elite

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:22 PM

Agree with Germany.

Hopefully Brazil will though for the sweepstake.

#4 Jairzinho

Jairzinho

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

Spent about an hour and a half going through every single game today. Ended up with a Germany v Brazil final, which I reckon Germany win comfortably.

England out in the quarters to Germany having scraped past Columbia in the round of 16.

Do you know what it's like to clean up your own mother's piss? What are you smiling at? What are you grinning at? Do you think it's funny? Do you think I'm funny? Do you think my mother's piss is funny? Well, it's not funny! She's not laughing! She's pissing herself!

“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.” 

#5 Jairzinho

Jairzinho

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

Honestly can't see past Germany to win this again. France have a very good side but they have a tendency to fuck it right up in the group stages when they are fancied. Spain are past their best. Argentine have become the ultimate also-rans. Brazil weren't that impressive at Anfield last week until Neymar came on. Belgium could and probably will have a fucking good go. 

It´s a different team. This will be Isco, Carvajal, Thiago, Asensio, etc. Most of the old timers have fucked off. Their problem will be a lack of a proper goalscorer. They´ll plug away with Costa who doesn´t suit the team, giving the likes of Rodrigo and Aspas a few minutes here and there.

Do you know what it's like to clean up your own mother's piss? What are you smiling at? What are you grinning at? Do you think it's funny? Do you think I'm funny? Do you think my mother's piss is funny? Well, it's not funny! She's not laughing! She's pissing herself!

#6 Alex_K

Alex_K

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

Germany look very strong but .. of the core that won it last time, Lahmn isn't there, Neur has been injured and Khedira/Muller/Oezil/Goetze etc. all look much diminished (the Bayern contingent generally - aside newcomer Kimmich - do not look as imperious as their 2014 selves). Brazil look like they may have more solidity this time? I think it could be very competitve .. the draft game being played shows just how wide-spread the quality of players is across at least half a dozen teams.

#7 Elite

Elite

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

France are a good price at 7/1.

#8 Tony Moanero

Tony Moanero

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

I know next to nothing about Belgium, but I’d be astounded if Roberto Martinez won the World Cup.

#9 Arnaud

Arnaud

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

Brazil just can’t afford not to win this : good keeper, very good defense, the best in midfield, good attack and Neymar is in good shape after a spring break .... and they have depth on the squad !

But, as 1982 showed, the best don’t always win, so Spain and Germany have a a chance as well !

Belgium have good players but not a good team, and France lack leadership and their defense is weak.

#10 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

Germany look very strong but .. of the core that won it last time, Lahmn isn't there, Neur has been injured and Khedira/Muller/Oezil/Goetze etc. all look much diminished (the Bayern contingent generally - aside newcomer Kimmich - do not look as imperious as their 2014 selves). Brazil look like they may have more solidity this time? I think it could be very competitve .. the draft game being played shows just how wide-spread the quality of players is across at least half a dozen teams.

1 Manuel Neuer Bayern Munich 31 GK

2 Marc-André ter Stegen Barcelona 25 GK

3 Kevin Trapp PSG 25 GK

4 Niklas Süle Bayern Munich 22 Defender

5 Mats Hummels Bayern Munich 29 Defender

6 Antonio Rüdiger Cheslea 25 Defender

7 Joshua Kimmich PSG 23 Defender

8 Matthias Ginter Bayer Leverkusen 24 Defender

9 Jérôme Boateng Bayern Munich 29 Defender

10 Marvin Plattenhardt Hertha Berlin 25 Defender

11 Jonas Hector Koln 27 Defender

12 Sami Khedira Juventus 31 Midfielder

13 Toni Kroos Real Madrid 28 Midfielder

14 Leon Goretzka FC Schalke 23 Defender

15 Mesut Özil Arsenal 29 Midfielder

16 Marco Reus Dortmund 25 Midfielder

17 Julian Brandt Bayer Leverkusen 21 Midfielder

18 Sebastian Rudy Bayern Munich 22 Midfielder

19 İlkay Gündoğan Manchester City 27 Midfielder

20 Julian Draxler PSG 24 Forward

21 Thomas Müller Bayern Munich 28 Forward

22 Mario Gomez Stuttgart 32 Forward

23 Timo Werner RB Leipzig 21 Forward

#11 Jairzinho

Jairzinho

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

Germany´s second string would be about the fourth best team at the World Cup.

#12 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

I just don't see Germany winning it. They weren't great in Euro 2016. Argentina have made the final of the last three tournaments they entered, are long overdue for a World Cup win, and this may be Messi's last chance to win it.

Granted, they weren't great in qualifying, but England always cruise through qualifying unbeaten, and they haven't troubled the business end of the World Cup since 1990, so qualifying record doesn't mean much.

I very slightly favour Argentina for the title ahead of France and Brazil. Of course, Brazil couldn't even win the thing on home soil. It's an extremely open tournament.

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

#13 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

Germany´s second string would be about the fourth best team at the World Cup.

Yep. 

#14 Red House

Red House

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

Got Germany in the sweepstake, but got to admit I fancy Brazil myself.

#15 Trumo

Trumo

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

I don't think Germany are the shoe-ins that many are predicting. Firstly, because they won the Confederations Cup last year, and the winners of that have NEVER gone on to win the World Cup the following year. Secondly, 3 of the last 5 winners have gone out at the group stage at the following World Cup (France in 2002, Italy in 2010, and Spain in 2014 - Brazil only got to the quarter finals in 2006 with a side that featured Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Adriano in attack), so the defending champions are now regularly being forced to hit the ground running rather than grow into a tournament. Thirdly, a number of their key players have looked a bit burnt out in the past year. They still have an immensely strong squad though.

#16 Red Hot

Red Hot

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

Going with France, Brazil runners up .

#17 noodles

noodles

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

I forgot to factor in Bobby Brown Shoes with my choice.  Shiiiiit. 

"There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory."

#18 Greycellgreen

Greycellgreen

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:42 PM

Germany haven’t been great in the build up, but it’s Germany, once it all starts they’ll probably click into gear.

I’m putting my money on Brazil.

#19 Anubis

Anubis

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Iran.

500/1. Get on it now or you'll only regret it.
May the fleas of one thousand camels infest the armpits of the infidel footballers.

#20 Pidge

Pidge

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

Me and Stronts voting the same way for the first time since 2010, what can go wrong?

You say the hill's too steep to climb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users