Quantcast
World Cup 2018 Final Group - Please Vote - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive one month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

Snack Media

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

World Cup 2018 Final Group - Please Vote

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: World Cup 2018 Final Group - Please Vote (20 member(s) have cast votes)

World Cup 2018 Final Group - Please Vote

1. Alex K (5 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Ardja (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. Babbs Burst Nad (7 votes [35.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

4. Clarence (5 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

The Final.

You are only allowed 1 pick.

You must NOT vote for your own team if taking part. 

Alex K

1688023_Boca_Juniors.jpg

Alex K

1687905_Santa_Fe_CD.jpg

Babbs Burst Nad

1687999_Atletico_Torino.jpg

Clarence

a2346772ad04ba96749cff24dd75cab0.jpg

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#2 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Reckon Alex K has a 50% chance of winning here

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. 

#3 El Rojo

El Rojo

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

I support Alex K FC not Alex K FC.

"This is the only time you're going to be famous, when Paulie Malignaggi mentions your name."

#4 Babb'sBurstNad

Babb'sBurstNad

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:46 AM

I support Alex K FC not Alex K FC.

I've got a half and half scarf with both on it.

#5 Elite

Elite

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

I'm Alex K and so is Ardja.

#6 aRdja

aRdja

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

#jesuisalexk

#7 Elite

Elite

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

It's a tough one this. All attacks and midfields are very good but a few suspect Defenders and keepers so based on the most balanced in all areas I've chosrn......Babb.

#8 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

Fuuuuuck sorry Ardja..... 2nd team is in-Fact Ardja not Alex !!!! 

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#9 Captain Turdseye

Captain Turdseye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

All good teams and I struggled to separate them so I viewed the results first and then gave my vote to Babb’s because that’s what everyone else is doing.

#10 Alex_K

Alex_K

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

Surprising results - in a game between BBN's team and Clarence's, for example, I don't think BBN touch the ball. Nzonzi, Gundogan & Rakitic are all alright players - but they're not above that by any stretch. Isco, Alli & Casemiro would have them chasing shadows. If there's anything teams with the top midfields teach you (Barca late 00s; City now; Madrid now), is that when they get the passing going you just can't touch them (see that really good Utd. side w. Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, Vidic etc. looking like amateurs against late 00s Barca).

#11 Tony Moanero

Tony Moanero

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hastily voted for Clarence for the sake of it, but wish I’d voted for Babbs Burst Nad, as he wears ace hats.

#12 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Hastily voted for Clarence for the sake of it, but wish I’d voted for Babbs Burst Nad, as he wears ace hats.

You did the right thing.

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. 

#13 Alex_K

Alex_K

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:34 AM

Interesting neg on my post (can’t see who it is from my phone): Gundogan is a squad player at City; Nzonzi has 4 caps aged 29 and has plied his trade at Stoke & Sevilla; Rakitic is in a Barca mid that has looked frequently average against the top sides in Europe since Xavi & Iniesta faded (even games they eventually won ... like v Chelsea)

#14 aRdja

aRdja

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:34 AM

Surprising results - in a game between BBN's team and Clarence's, for example, I don't think BBN touch the ball. Nzonzi, Gundogan & Rakitic are all alright players - but they're not above that by any stretch. Isco, Alli & Casemiro would have them chasing shadows. If there's anything teams with the top midfields teach you (Barca late 00s; City now; Madrid now), is that when they get the passing going you just can't touch them (see that really good Utd. side w. Ronaldo, Rooney, Ferdinand, Vidic etc. looking like amateurs against late 00s Barca).

I disagree with your comment re Clarence’s midfield. None of those are the main ball players in their respective teams. Alli plays as a second striker for Spurs, and a very effective one at that. However his passing is very erratic. The argument would be better applied to your midfield IMO with its own limitations i.e. a ball winner.

#15 Tony Moanero

Tony Moanero

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

Interesting neg on my post (can’t see who it is from my phone): Gundogan is a squad player at City; Nzonzi has 4 caps aged 29 and has plied his trade at Stoke & Sevilla; Rakitic is in a Barca mid that has looked frequently average against the top sides in Europe since Xavi & Iniesta faded (even games they eventually won ... like v Chelsea)

I negged you for moaning because you were losing. Have another one for moaning about being negged.

#16 Captain Turdseye

Captain Turdseye

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

I negged you for moaning because you were losing. Have another one for moaning about being negged.

It’s a draft thread. You’re supposed to argue the case for each team, you silly, fat twat.

Negged.

#17 Tony Moanero

Tony Moanero

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

It’s a draft thread. You’re supposed to argue the case for each team, you silly, fat twat.

Negged.

Probably the nicest thing anyone has said to me this week.

#18 Babb'sBurstNad

Babb'sBurstNad

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

Oh, so that's how it's going to be is it? Right...

*removes gloves*

You midfield is unbalanced. Kroos and Modric operate at Madrid thanks to a dedicated ball winner, in this case Casemiro. Without him, you've got the most lightweight - though admittedly technically proficient - midfield in the group. Adding Silva to the mix is like having two top quality left backs in the starting eleven; an abundance of individual quality favoured over the balance of the team. You won't maintain possession for 90 minutes with that kind of midfield, even Guardiola recognises this.

Who's winning the ball? Pogba won't track back, Neymar even less so, and the only way Higuain runs towards his own goal is if he thinks he hears an ice cream van, the fat fuck. N'zonzi is a proper yard dog of a player, but he's been instrumental in Sevilla's recent success and he's exactly what's necessary when you've got an all round CM and a string-puller like Rakitic ahead of him.

Good day sir!

#19 Alex_K

Alex_K

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

Nice riposte! Although I didn't mention my team - but given you did - Gundogan, Nzonzi & Rakitic might as well get the deck-chairs out with Silva/Kroos/Modric/Pogba passing around them. We're talking about the heart-beats of World Cup winning & 3x consecutive European Champions here .. not a decent midfielder instrumental in Europa Cup successes & perennial 4th place La Liga finishers (although Sevilla came 7th this year). Madrid had I think 66% of the ball against us? I don't think even City got close to that .. its easy to forget how much of a cut-above Modric & Kroos are at controlling the ball until you face them.

Speaking about my team - the full backs are certainly a bit fucked (even if Vertonghen plays LB for Belgium, its clearly not his best position), and Stones is a strange player.

Neymar probably gets sleeped on because of the tackiness surrounding him .. but he's v. arguably top 3 in the world.

I was more a fan of Stig's team than Clarence's in that pool, but looking nown, Clarence's seems to be the most powerful & balanced side to me (though thought Son was an unnecessary early pick to take).

Always fun these -- good to discuss ideas!

#20 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:34 PM

Son was picked early yes. But purely as i wanted some early picked from small nations to keep options open later. I may have gone one too many on the early small nation picks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users