Quantcast
At least they've stopped pretending - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive one month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

Snack Media

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

At least they've stopped pretending

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Dicko

Dicko

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership

My avatar is 90% of this post.

#2 Numero Veinticinco

Numero Veinticinco

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

You're a particularly boring cunt today. Couldn't this go in the other FSG thread?

Yes. More than a club, it's a family. Terrible sentiment. I hate them. Let's move on to the next banal, mindless thing to complain about.

When it comes to sex I'm similar to the thrilla in Manilla. A pimp by blood, not relation.

#3 dockers_strike

dockers_strike

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

You're a particularly boring cunt today. Couldn't this go in the other FSG thread?

Yes. More than a club, it's a family. Terrible sentiment. I hate them. Let's move on to the next banal, mindless thing to complain about.

Spot on. Just another dig at the club.

#4 General Dryness

General Dryness

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

To some people, families are desolate things, full of disappointment and heartache.

Other than a few occasions in the last twenty odd years, they might have a point.

#5 Dicko

Dicko

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

Night follows day.

Bore off.

#6 3 Stacks

3 Stacks

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:45 PM

Peniso 

#7 Dicko

Dicko

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

To some people, families are desolate things, full of disappointment and heartache.

Other than a few occasions in the last twenty odd years, they might have a point.

My girlfriend likes Eastenders, I bought the TV though so I'm charging her £37 a year and if she's lucky I might let her watch an episode.

Just like Liverpool's family.

#8 Grinch

Grinch

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

Fall for this shit, you deserve to have your money stolen.

#9 VERBAL DIARRHEA

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

Wow I've just realised it's not the beautiful game anymore. Last time I'll set foot in the Boys Pen.
Contrarians are sad virgins with fuck all better to do!

#10 Anubis

Anubis

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

I'm not linking this to transfers or anything, but it's perfectly fine for people to have a beef with this supporter/family bullshit, and their constant use of the 12th man, values statement, etc. Some of us grew up living next to Anfield during the Shankly/Paisley area when the connection between the club and the local area actually meant something.

I accept the club has changed. Little of any of it is true anymore. Which is fine. But I, and others, are entitled to call out the bullshit marketing who are trading on something that no longer exists, yet we remember as being important to our past, without people being dismissive. I'd rather they be honest. Especially given recent events such as the fleecing of supporters booking Thomas Cook flights. Family didn't seem to matter too much then.

Personally, I'd rather they be what they are, and cut the crap.
May the fleas of one thousand camels infest the armpits of the infidel footballers.

#11 Anny Road

Anny Road

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

Same people who moan about these things want to spend 80m on a keeper.

#12 Dicko

Dicko

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:29 PM

Actions speak louder than words.

96 Avenue anyone?

#13 Dicko

Dicko

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

And.

I want the team to win, that's where it ends.

#14 Anubis

Anubis

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

Yeah, that's why I suggested compromising for a keeper half the fee, like Cillensen. Next.
May the fleas of one thousand camels infest the armpits of the infidel footballers.

#15 Anny Road

Anny Road

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

And.
I want the team to win, that's where it ends.

Where do you think the money comes from mate? This is a business. We are customers. Maximising income with marketing is what business does. Particularly successful ones like some our our main competition.
The club don’t care for your good wishes. They never have. They want your money.

#16 VERBAL DIARRHEA

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

The game has evolved for the worst a lot of the time, I wish it had the same old values but that has long gone. You only have to hear some of the bollocks spouted on here by the nouveau football elite. I long for the days on Shankly and Paisley and going the match with my family, a lot still go. A lot have passed on and the season tickets passed on too. The game has bypassed the old style support mostly, sad but true.
I for one I'll mourn the passing of the old game with as much passion as I hate the new.
Contrarians are sad virgins with fuck all better to do!

#17 Anubis

Anubis

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

The game has evolved for the worst a lot of the time, I wish it had the same old values but that has long gone. You only have to hear some of the bollocks spouted on here by the nouveau football elite. I long for the days on Shankly and Paisley and going the match with my family, a lot still go. A lot have passed on and the season tickets passed on too. The game has bypassed the old style support mostly, sad but true.
I for one I'll mourn the passing of the old game with as much passion as I hate the new.

You've probably put it better than I have.

#18 Dicko

Dicko

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:41 PM

Where do you think the money comes from mate? This is a business. We are customers. Maximising income with marketing is what business does. Particularly successful ones like some our our main competition.
The club don’t care for your good wishes. They never have. They want your money.

So not a family then.

#19 Anny Road

Anny Road

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

The idea that the club used to be some bastion of fan inclusivity is a myth. The club have never given a fuck about the fans. Ever.
Remember going with my old fella in the early 80’s some European game with us as reigning champs. After a convincing win I said I loved this club. He lectured me saying that this club you say you love is the most successful in Europe but heards you in like cattle and still has you queuing for 20 mins to piss in an open sewer. Fuck them. Love the team.
Nothing has changed just PR and marketing.

#20 Dicko

Dicko

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:56 PM

The idea that the club used to be some bastion of fan inclusivity is a myth. The club have never given a fuck about the fans. Ever.
Remember going with my old fella in the early 80’s some European game with us as reigning champs. After a convincing win I said I loved this club. He lectured me saying that this club you say you love is the most successful in Europe but heards you in like cattle and still has you queuing for 20 mins to piss in an open sewer. Fuck them. Love the team.
Nothing has changed just PR and marketing.

Holy trinity Manager, team, supporters. The chairmen is just there to sign the cheques.

Hence wanting the cunts to spend £80m on a keeper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users