You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

Disagree. They will be all over us at the end of the match if we try to start fast and we've lost leads multiple times this season because we ran out of gas following these bursts of intensity.

We'll have to be consistent throughout the match and chose our moments because if we try to blitz them early but we aren't clinical, we'll get absolutely smashed later on.

This.

We aren't very good at the whole parking the bus to keep our narrow lead for the last 10 minutes.

Imagine being 1 goal up on the 80th minute and Klavan comes on to re-enforce the defence.

Fuck that.

• Upvote 2

We will have to start fast against these and blitz them early. I fear if we arent ahead on 75 mins we wont lift the trophy..

Jurgen needs to get in the players heads about being streetwise too. These fuckers are masters of the dark arts, gamesmanship and the like.

Their shithouse snideness at work against our 'niceness' is probably as much of a potential problem as how good these are...how we stand up to it/our ability to not get undone by it will be a key factor.

Hopefully the officials are good and don't buy their shite.

• Upvote 2

Is Strummer qualified to start these threads? There's no KO time in the title. There's no venue. I am concerned.

Scapegoat identified.

Kopp77 has guided us through the knock out stages with the journey so close to completion someone else jumps in...

I know whom I’m blaming.

• Upvote 1

There's really no discussion to be had over the starting XI, is there?

The likes of Clyne, Lallana and Can mean that our bench won't be completely inexperienced (or completely shit) which is an improvement on the last few seasons. Even duds like Mignolet and Moreno are former first-teamers, so that's a sign of progress.

We can absolutely get at them big time....but they can also absolutely get at us big time.

I think they will go after TAA big time with Marcelo but in doing so they may leave themselves very open - and we could punish that.

Allez Allez Allez!

I completely agree. Been watching Madrid for a while and came to the same conclusion, Marcello's positional indiscipline is their Achilles heel.

I tell Trent to play deeper and more conservatively, tell Mo to just play in the position that Marcello has vacated, and Trent to just keep feeding him up the line. Mane and Bobby ready to bomb on and exploit their space when the Madrid centre backs get dragged over to defend against Mo. Also Gini or Milner to not over extend, and be able to cover Trent against Asensio or Bale.

No unforced errors, concentrate and be clinical, with a bit of luck we could be 4 up by half time.

You can do this Reds, win.

Win or lose my hangover this time next week is going to be of biblical proportions.

It's been one hell of a journey. It'd piss all of England off immensely if we did win.

I'm keeping a calm disposition about it until Saturday, then from about 4pm I'm liable to turn into a nervous wreck, from 7pm reliving my youth on the couch, and hopefully from 10pm I'll be off out to find any like-minded idiots to celebrelate with.

Or not....

I think we'll need to do something tactically to beat them. I'd do like against City in the second half of the second leg and put Salah in the middle, Mane on the right and Firmino on the left.

That or a 4-2-3-1 with Salah or Firmino in the #10 and Milner on one of the wings. Marcelo is too much of a threat and we can't have our most likely goal threat play like a wing back.

I'd like to say we'll beat them and they have weaknesses but they just don't lose in the Champions League and their fitness at the end of games is ridiculous. Hard for me to imagine a win, but I believe a little.

I reckon we have Milner keep an eye on Marcelo so Trent doesn’t get doubled up on. Then Mane and/or Firmino drop into midfield as necessary to make sure we have the numbers.

Casemiro isn’t that great on the ball so we don’t really need to worry about him hurting us but we don’t want to end up with an easy ball to Kroos or Modric in space. They can kill us.

Leave Mo up to take advantage of the space between centre backs and Marcelo. It’ll either force Marcelo to stay back - a win for us, plus I’d still wager on Mo beating him once or twice - or Mo with loads of space to run at the defence, a la Roma at home.

Then we need to be clinical with our chances and not give up any stupid goals.

I’ll settle for a Man City at home first half, and a Man City away second half.