Quantcast
England Squad - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive one month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

Snack Media

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

England Squad

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#1 WhiskeyJar

WhiskeyJar

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Name your starting 11.
Squad will be named later today.

#2 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:47 AM

Not arsed but this would be my team out of his choices:

Butland

Walker
McGuire
Cahill
Rose

Henderson
Dier

Sterling
Alli
Lallana/Rashford

Mong face

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#3 Ronnie Whelan

Ronnie Whelan

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:07 AM

Hopefully none of our players get called up. Hopefully bobby is shamefully not included for brazil and the african lads barely play.

I like international football still and i can't wait for the world cup, but not at the expense of our preparations for next season.

#4 VladimirIlyich

VladimirIlyich

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:23 AM

Just popped in to say 'Who gives a fuck!'
“The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.”

#5 Elite

Elite

Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

Not arsed but this would be my team out of his choices:

Butland

Walker
McGuire
Cahill
Rose

Henderson
Dier

Sterling
Alli
Lallana/Rashford

Mong face

We're fucked.

#6 Mr T

Mr T

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

The team will have few star players but when I have seem them, they play as a team and move the ball well.

Jurgen also seems to rate Southgate.

I think they will do better than is widely anticipated. 

#7 Jairzinho

Jairzinho

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:04 AM

Surely that Lascelles at Newcastle is miles better than that lumbering mong, Maguire.
Do you know what it's like to clean up your own mother's piss? What are you smiling at? What are you grinning at? Do you think it's funny? Do you think I'm funny? Do you think my mother's piss is funny? Well, it's not funny! She's not laughing! She's pissing herself!

“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.” 

#8 an tha

an tha

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:10 AM

I hope they get beat

#9 Dr Nowt

Dr Nowt

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

1. Major Tom

2. Simon

3. San Don

4. Jimmy Case

5. Blog Wanker

6. Kloppite

7. Bolshie Bastard

8. JP

9. Christian Benteke

10. Nightcat

11. Dockers_Strike

Politician Caught by Nose in Rat-trap says, “Cheese Makes Me Sick.”

#10 sir roger

sir roger

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:33 AM

I don't think we have the players to go anywhere past the quarters , so if I was Southgate I would think that the key was putting up an exciting, pacy and youthful effort to provide a template for the future. I would use the Liverpool 433 set up.

Butland

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Bertrand

Loftus-Cheek

Henderson

Alli

Sterling

Kane

Rashford

Gary , you didn't kill your brother. Those gorillas did.

#11 Jairzinho

Jairzinho

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:37 AM

1. Major Tom

2. Simon

3. San Don

4. Jimmy Case

5. Blog Wanker

6. Kloppite

7. Bolshie Bastard

8. JP

9. Christian Benteke

10. Nightcat

11. Dockers_Strike

Not a bad 5 aside team, that.

Do you know what it's like to clean up your own mother's piss? What are you smiling at? What are you grinning at? Do you think it's funny? Do you think I'm funny? Do you think my mother's piss is funny? Well, it's not funny! She's not laughing! She's pissing herself!

“There's nothing wrong with having a tree as a friend.” 

#12 Funnneeeee

Funnneeeee

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

Butland

Walker
Dier
Stones
Delph

Henderson
Shelvey
Alli

Sterling

Vardy
Kane

Subs:
Sancho
Rashford
Lingaard
Trent
Deeney
Drinkwater
Lookman
Dunk
Lallana
Sessegnon

etc

Have to play to our strengths, we have a great batch of exciting young kids, and the squad needs to full of them. There's no expectation, let them go and get some experience at a World Cup.

#13 Boss

Boss

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Butland

Young

Smalling

Stones

Walker

Henderson

Lallana

Milner ©

Sterling

Kane

Walcott

That's the best i've got. I'm thinking the fullbacks and wingers can double up to cause the opposition problems with their pace. An experienced, workmanlike midfield so they can press high up the pitch. One ball playing defender and one that's good in the air to handle the press, but also any physical threat. Pelvis head up front to claim every goal. And most importantly, no kids.

*I know Milner's retired from International football, but he should be captain of England*

#14 VladimirIlyich

VladimirIlyich

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

Have to play to OUR strengths, WE have a great batch of exciting young kids, and the squad needs to full of them. There's no expectation, let them go and get some experience at a World Cup.

Have Liverpool qualified for the World Cup too? Jurgen is an absolute revelation and far better than I'd even given him credit for.
“The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them.”

#15 sir roger

sir roger

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:16 AM

VI , you do understand that if you were born & lived in Liverpool your whole life like myself that makes you English ?

#16 Anny Road

Anny Road

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:17 AM

With low expectations, no fans or nobhead journos the team is not bad.

In a Denmark/Greece Euros sense of not bad.

They could do OK with a team attitude and togetherness. Bit of pace, long ball counter attacking. Bit of Leicester about them.

My biggest stake on them winning it would be no more than 50p

#17 VladimirIlyich

VladimirIlyich

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:25 AM

VI , you do understand that if you were born & lived in Liverpool your whole life like myself that makes you English ?

No,it makes me a Liverpudlian or scouser which involves a heritage of Irish/Scots/Welsh etc.This also seems to make us very different from a large population of the country in that we seem to view things very differently from them. The only time I use 'We' and 'Our' relating to football is towards Liverpool FC. I also refer to myself as British,not English.

#18 magicrat

magicrat

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

1. Major Tom

2. Simon

3. San Don

4. Jimmy Case

5. Blog Wanker

6. Kloppite

7. Bolshie Bastard

8. JP

9. Christian Benteke

10. Nightcat

11. Dockers_Strike

Ratcatcher on the bench then ?

#19 sir roger

sir roger

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

No,it makes me a Liverpudlian or scouser which involves a heritage of Irish/Scots/Welsh etc.This also seems to make us very different from a large population of the country in that we seem to view things very differently from them. The only time I use 'We' and 'Our' relating to football is towards Liverpool FC. I also refer to myself as British,not English.

That is totally up to you VI , and as a 58 year old , left wing scouser I appreciate where you are coming from , but while not even caring about England 10% as much as I do Liverpool  I am surely allowed to support the only football country I was born in ?

#20 WhiskeyJar

WhiskeyJar

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

Ratcatcher on the bench then ?

Probably the waterboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users