You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard new r*ngers manager????

Bjornebye

How do you feel about it?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about it?

Murty has been sacked today and it looks like Stevie is about to take the job. I am taking personal hatred for that club out of it and I still think it is a terrible job to take. Especially when it will be his first shot at management. That club is up the wall and skint, the fanbase expects to win every domestic game and the media circus up there is beyond the pale. Add to that he is a catholic and has said in the past he has a fondness for Celtic, he is on a hiding to nothing. They wont catch Celtic for the next few years. 

He should have gone to MK Dons if he wants to manage or even stay at the U18's who are a far better side than r*ngers. He wont learn much up there apart from being in the spotlight as a manager. I cant see him lasting the whole season and i've seen loads of tweets and comments from their fans who dont want him. Even slagging him off for never winning a title/slipping up etc. He has even said inn the past that he has a Celtic strip framed on his wall. 

They have had 11 different managers in the last 10 years. 

If he has any sense he would have watched Sundays Old Firm and thought "fuck that". 

I'm pretty devastated about it to be honest. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It doesn't take much to do well in that league. He'll probably have the clout to bring over some decent young players and Premier League talents and it will get him results. This is a league where Scott Sinclair does what he wants, so if he can convince one guy on that level to go he'll do alright. 

And even if he fails, he'll get  some kind of job at LFC anyways. I don't think it's much of a risk. 

With Paul

Couldn't care less

Don't have any affinity to either club.

Celtic fans appear to be the lesser of two evils by a long way. But the whole atmosphere up there is toxic. The leagues a fucking shambles with the main topic will Celtic go the season unbeaten and can they make the Champions league group stage

I had Celtic kits as a kid, have seen them play live and used to watch them on the telly. Stopped bothering with Scottish football about 15 years ago, as I grew tired of the sectarian bullshit. Haven’t seen them kick a ball since. I wish Gerrard well but I won’t be going out of my way to follow his career there.

Pretty gutted to be honest. Not because it's Rangers, but more because I thought he'd stick around and actually get to know the craft of managing and coaching from the people we have here, finding a firm basis for a future career. It may only be Scottish football, but it's still a way above what he's done thus far, and like a lot of ex-pros hoping they've somehow got the magic touch due to the gravitas of their playing careers, I expect him to be shite and get the boot sharpish. 

I know we can never fully recreate the boot room, but I'd prefer he was here and learning, than taking a punt on the Rangers job.

Good luck to him. Don't think it's as bad a job as people make out. Yeah, the league is crap, and yes, Rangers are absolutely shite, but it's a big club with a fanatical fan base playing in a big stadium. He'll get used to winning a lot of games as a manager, and who knows- if he can tempt a few Liverpool kids or decent Prem journeymen up there with him, he might win a cup or push Celtic close.

Easy option would have been to avoid this like the plague, so fair play to the lad.

• Upvote 4

Not bothered. Does not diminish anything he has done or will do for Liverpool as far as I am concerned. Do not understand people not wishing him well. If he proves his credentials there then he has more chance of succeeding here if sometime in the future he does become manager. He is not going to go from managing an Ipswich or MK Dons to Liverpool manager on merit.