You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Apr 14-20 2018)

tlw content

diarybanner.jpg

Saturday Apr 14… 

L 3 Bournemouth 0 That was great, I loved every moment of it. I could nitpick about us only scoring three, but the performance was just utterly dominant. There’s a real authority about our play now that wasn’t always there. We’ve been electric up front all season but at times it’s felt there wasn’t much of a foundation to it. Now we’re just strong all over the park, there’s a fluidity and a tactical flexibility about us and we’re physically strong and quick all over the park. 

Ox today was fucking phenomenal. Trent wasn’t far behind him. The other night Lovren and Milner were the main two. It’s different players who are standing out each game, we look like a really good side now. 

In other news today, Mo made the shortlist for Player of the Year. Bobby should have too, but he’s the most underrated rated player in the whole league. Harry Kane made the shortlist, which was fair enough, but he also made the shortlist for ‘Young Player’ too. What the fuck??? How can this be possible? What happened here, he was told he was too old and had Spurs appeal on his behalf? Can’t even tell you how much I hate this big chinned arrogant dicksplash. 

Sterling made the list too, which again is fucking ludicrous considering he’s been playing top flight football for about five years. 

Sunday Apr 15… 

RIP the 96. Always a sad day but in recent years it’s been heartwarming seeing the various messages of support from home and abroad. Roma tweeted something today, as did Jamie Vardy, who also did it last year from what I recall. It’s not a huge deal but they don’t have to do that, so I think it’s nice that they did. For a long time it felt like we were kind of on our own with this but as the years have gone by the support from outside has grown. 

In footy news today, City are Champions after United lost at home to West Brom. A week ago United fans were celebrating at having delayed City’s title winning party. Yeah, congratulations on delaying it for a whole fucking week because you couldn’t beat an already relegated (almost anyway) team at home. 

Also today, lots of reports around the web that we’ve signed Stevie’s cousin from Man City. He’s a 16 year old striker from Huyton who’s meant to be shit hot. You have to wonder how a scouser ended up at City anyway, but the word now is he has been in a contract dispute and we’re signing him for 200k compensation. ‘Contract dispute’ eh? Nothing to do with the fact his cousin is now coaching our under 18s I’m sure. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the rest of the article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.