You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My better half...

deiseach

My better half...  

56 members have voted

1. 1. My better half

• is a Red
    • is a Bloo
    • supports someone else
    • is indifferent to football
    • despises football

Has zero interest in Liverpool. Looks after a young man with muscular dystrophy who follows Bradford so she sometimes asks me about them.

I once took her to Anfield for a game against Arsenal. She said two things that stick in the memory.

1. What nice grass

2. Is that Va Va Voom? (Thierry Henry)

She was working in a bar the night Liverpool triumphed in Istanbul. It was on apparently but she failed to register who won.

I once took her to Anfield for a game against Arsenal. She said two things that stick in the memory.

1. What nice grass

2. Is that Va Va Voom? (Thierry Henry)

She was working in a bar the night Liverpool triumphed in Istanbul. It was on apparently but she failed to register who won.

I brought my dad to Anfield once. "Two of the most boring hours of my life". He did eventually admit that he found the crowd fascinating. Couldn't understand how thousands of people could start singing in unison(ish) without any cue. As for Istanbul, I had arranged for him to travel over for a break months in advance and he arrived on the afternoon of Thursday May 26 2005. He loved how jolly it all was.

I brought my dad to Anfield once. "Two of the most boring hours of my life". He did eventually admit that he found the crowd fascinating. Couldn't understand how thousands of people could start singing in unison(ish) without any cue. As for Istanbul, I had arranged for him to travel over for a break months in advance and he arrived on the afternoon of Thursday May 26 2005. He loved how jolly it all was.

My kids are similar. Before I stopped going myself I tried several times. Took the eldest once, he’d of been about eight then.

Normally I’m proud of the fact that he’s a very inquisitive child. It’s question after question with him, always has been.

On this occasion we were sitting in the upper tier of the Anfield Rd. waiting for the game to start and he was at it as usual.

I said; “Charlie, no more questions now unless they’re about football”.

His reply...

“How many spaceships would fit in this football stadium?”.

She's right, though, isn't she?!

Hahaha

No. I like both football and rugby, don't think there's a sport I don't enjoy. 

She plays up to the rugby Vs football bollocks though, she says she doesn't like football but watches more Klopp pressers than I do and fancies Xabi - he left before we even got together for fucks sake.

Hahaha

No. I like both football and rugby, don't think there's a sport I don't enjoy.

She plays up to the rugby Vs football bollocks though, she says she doesn't like football but watches more Klopp pressers than I do and fancies Xabi - he left before we even got together for fucks sake.

Xabi is a sex god, so she's right about that, too.

She's always right, isn't she?

Not very interested at all and I'm happy with that as I like it being my thing.

I made her watch a game on telly (a 5—3 win against Stoke) about 4 years ago and her insight included: I like the one with little quick legs (Sterling who she now hates because he cost £50m) and she fancied Mignolet (pretty boy Karius has given her a real dilemma).

Mine has no interest in football. Fucking loves rugby and think footie players are fannies (which they probably are).

I’m praying the lad grows up liking football, I like rugby don’t get me wrong, but I can’t be arsed traipsing up to Sale every week to watch the Sharks in that soulless car park disguised as a stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk