You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Exercise, Fitness, Health, and Well-being’ Thread

My only concern about doing keto and low carb (which I am just now) is developing a long term carb intolerance.

This is completely without basis but I feel that all should be included in our diet just to maintain the ability to effectively process them.

My progress as a result has been a lot slower than I would have expected considering the level of exercise I am doing. The weekly carb ups have been more like binges.

Still on a Ib a week drop (5kg in 11 weeks) but thinking this level of exercise is not sustainable long term and therefore may need to drop the Ben and Jerry’s night.

Im eating more carbs this weekend as im sick amd can feel the difference. I dont count them normally just keep them low and only from proper/unrefined sources.

Every 10 days or so ill a higher carb days but its all from veg or the very occasionally bread.

Need to get the scales set up properly as it seems the floor was fucked so need to check my weight checked properly though had lost 10lb in 3 weeks. Should increase more as i up the exercise and once i start Jiu Jitsu again next month after my holiday

My only concern about doing keto and low carb (which I am just now) is developing a long term carb intolerance.

This is completely without basis but I feel that all should be included in our diet just to maintain the ability to effectively process them.

My progress as a result has been a lot slower than I would have expected considering the level of exercise I am doing. The weekly carb ups have been more like binges.

Still on a Ib a week drop (5kg in 11 weeks) but thinking this level of exercise is not sustainable long term and therefore may need to drop the Ben and Jerry’s night.

I get that yeah, and I have similar fear.

My rule with this : small amounts of whole fruit daily; eat vegetables that grow above ground only (this limits high glycemic things like spuds.

Always include either salads and /or lots of those freshly cooked veges.

The biggie for me is bread of any kind and pasta as well as refined processed sugar and food products. Absolute no no.

Am I in ketosis? Maybe not. Am I fat adapted? Definately yes.

I get that yeah, and I have similar fear.

My rule with this : small amounts of whole fruit daily; eat vegetables that grow above ground only (this limits high glycemic things like spuds.

Always include either salads and /or lots of those freshly cooked veges.

The biggie for me is bread of any kind and pasta as well as refined processed sugar and food products. Absolute no no.

Am I in ketosis? Maybe not. Am I fat adapted? Definately yes.

Yes bang on. If it walks or grows it’s fair game.

(Still looking for the cookie dough ice cream plant, but can kid myself it exists)

• Upvote 1