You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blogging

Fowler1972

• 2 years later...
On 12/03/2018 at 20:52, Captain Turdseye said:

Negged for being a shithouse and apologising at the first time of asking. Do us a favour, go back and read some of the threads on this, The General Forum, and come back with a blog describing all of your favourite things about it.

This is clearly about you, you heartless wench.

https://phillslater.blog/2018/01/13/anxiety-depression-and-me/

Another sign is the way I use the various social media platforms. Often the posts that have been best received, particularly the ones that make people smile, have been written when I’m at my lowest and are probably some form of cry for help. They’re nearly always written when I’m alone, sometimes from under the covers in a dark room. I use it as a way of connecting with people when I’m lonely without having to actually be in their presence. I know I need to stop using this as a crutch and try to exist properly in the real world.

When I do actually interact with people it’s not uncommon for me to give the impression that I want to get away from the person I’m with as soon as possible, thereby giving the impression that I don’t like them. Actually, the opposite is often true. If I’m with someone I like and the conversation is going well then I’m struck with the urge to get out of there quickly so as not to ruin it by letting them see the real me. I’ve lost out on building really good friendships and relationships with people I really liked and respected because of this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Ah, blogging. Remember when this was cool?

Nope. Neither do I. 

I think it depends greatly on the mindset of the person.

My old boss's wife used to do one on pizzas. Great idea, if she had a random pizza anywhere she'd review it. This is the kind of stuff that some people will read, it gives them ideas about where to go or what to eat and it's a relatively niche and obscure subject.

Some bird I worked with at the same time though who was a mount doom of millennial bullshit used to write one purely about her musings for the day. It's the height of conceit to think anyone would give a shit and it says a lot about a person that they'd even think that with a straight face. She was a fashion copywriter ("buy these shoes they're nice" type shit) for a retail company and her profile picture was of her in a cafe with a notepad and pen, but if you asked her about any writing she did for fun, stories, short stories, poetry, articles, anything that wasn't about her visit to the gym or whatever, she looked at you like you were simple.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

You can have his blog emailed to you if you enter an email address,@Mook an opportunity to hit back hard at your work colleague.

Funnily enough this had crossed my mind over the weekend.